Possible Juve opponents in the Champions league quals (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2002
yes, djurgarden - kaunas.
was kaunas blindly defending or was it an even match? wonder if they have any chance to go through or are just lucky to still have a hope?

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
Kaunas was not exactly attacking but I didn't expect that. The problem was that DJurgården didn't manage to make anything creative from their attacks. Djurgården was dominating but they didn't have more than a handfulll chances, Kaunas had one pretty good scoring chance.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
I don't think any of these teams pose much of a danger. Yes, Benfica would be the most difficult, but if Juve can't beat Benfica in this round, what hope would we really have to advance far in the CL anyway? Maybe it would be good for the team to have to face a challange, perhaps they will be better for it and stronger against other squads who faced weaker opposition.

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
Djurgården vs Kaunas was just as uninteresting and boring as a 0-0 game can possibly be. My money's still on Djurgårdenbut Kaunas may very well win it.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by BigIzz ] ++
I don't think any of these teams pose much of a danger. Yes, Benfica would be the most difficult, but if Juve can't beat Benfica in this round, what hope would we really have to advance far in the CL anyway? Maybe it would be good for the team to have to face a challange, perhaps they will be better for it and stronger against other squads who faced weaker opposition.
I totally agree with you there. If we can't get past them, things are only going to get more difficult in the later rounds anyway.

But financially, it would be pretty disastrous for us if we lose.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
You do have a point about the financial aspect. That and the fact the squad won't really be in top form are the only reason to want an easier game.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
ah Came on! People here are fearing benfica!! When was the last time they were decent!? I say whoever we face, we have to beat.

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Nekton ] ++
Juventus vs Djurgården/Kaunas

Yeeeeeeeeees!!! :D
I'm with you :D

I hope Djurgården win the match against Kaunas which mean I will catch the the train to Stockholm :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)