Poll: EURO 2008 Group C_ (4 Viewers)

Group C

• Netherlands

• Italy

• Romania

• France

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sep 19, 2006
my first thought after seeing our group is that we have to get rid of that idiot DONEadoni to have any chance of advancing out of this group of death
Actually,unless Donadoni resigns or smthing,I dont see the Italian federation sacking him before the Euro.
& Of course he wont resign so it is Donadoni for the Euro,so lets stand behind him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Anyone wanna try to predict the Italy squad?

For me i'd go with

GKs: Buffon, Curci, Abbiati
Defenders: Zambrotta, Canna, Materazzi, Panucci, Oddo, Chiellini, Barzagli, Grosso
Midfielders: Pirlo, Gattuso, Aquilani, De Rossi, Perrotta, Rosina, Camoranesi
Strikers: Toni, Iaquinta, Palladino, Di Natale, Quagliarella

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
as said before if italy start slowly as they usually do then they will be home early. however with so much at stake and with these teams there i fully expect them to start flying, france will shade it but i expect romania to pull off a shock on the way, will be very tight and could come to goals scored

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #45
    I love the conspiracies that come after each draw :howler:

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #47
    Actually I have a vital question, I know I used the expression Group of Death but why do these tough groups are given this description?

May 22, 2007

For me i'd go with

Defenders: Zambrotta, Canna, Materazzi, Panucci, Oddo, Chiellini, Barzagli, Grosso
    You think that Abbiati will get in ahead of Amelia?

May 22, 2007
    Actually I have a vital question, I know I used the expression Group of Death but why do these tough groups are given this description?
    3 or 4 teams having a chance of making it past the group. For one team which is a team with high expectations, it is time to die from the competition.

Sarah

s-doLLa
    Sep 26, 2007
    I am hoping for a squad that looks more like this for Euro 08 :malt:

Goalkeepers: Buffon, Amelia, Curci

Defenders: Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Chiellini, Barzagli, Grosso, Matrix, Oddo, Panucci

Midfielders:Gattuso, Pirlo, De Rossi, Perotta, Camoranesi, Ambrosini, Aquilani/Montolivo (depending on whether Aquilani is injured or not)

Strikers: Di Natale, Fabio Q., Toni, Iaquinta, Del Piero/Gila depending on who gets their form back

Christina

vanilla pudding
    Aug 21, 2006
    I am hoping for a squad that looks more like this for Euro 08 :malt:

Goalkeepers: Buffon, Amelia, Curci

Defenders: Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Chiellini, Barzagli, Grosso, Matrix, Oddo, Panucci

Midfielders:Gattuso, Pirlo, De Rossi, Perotta, Camoranesi, Ambrosini, Aquilani/Montolivo (depending on whether Aquilani is injured or not)

Strikers: Di Natale, Fabio Q., Toni, Iaquinta, Del Piero/Gila depending on who gets their form back
    I would like to see either one of Aquilani, Montolivo, or Rosina make it into the squad. TBH, all of them would be a great choice, I would just take the one that is in better form. And I agree with the rest of the team. :tup:

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006

For me i'd go with

amiela for curci
    DP/ inzaghi for palladino
    and persoanlly, I would want legro over barzagli but that won't happen.

other then that I like the squad.....

Thunderball

May 4, 2007

For me i'd go with

Fair guess... I'd say the following could break in too depending on form/injury:

Goal: Amelia, De Sanctis
    Defense: Legrottaglie, Pasqual, Bonera, Zaccardo
    Midfield: Zanetti, Ambrosini, Nocerino, Montolivo
    Offense: Gilardino, Del Piero, Inzaghi

I would personally take this 24-man roster:

Goal: Buffon, Amelia, Curci
    Defense: Zaccardo, Oddo, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Barzagli, Materazzi, Zambrotta, Grosso (Legrottaglie if Materazzi unable to regain form)
    Midfield: Pirlo, Gattuso, Aquilani, De Rossi, Montolivo, Camoranesi, Rosina
    Offense: Toni, Iaquinta, Del Piero, Di Natale, Palladino, Gilardino

I think the key to this group is a combination of skill, youth, guile, tenacity and speed. Guys like Ambrosini, Panucci, Perrotta have run their course. I'd have to see if that injury slowed Materazzi down, he suffered a very serious injury, and at 34, his days might be numbered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)