Poll: Delneri or no European football? (3 Viewers)

Delneri or no European football?

• Delneri

• No European football

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Not much. But we'd just keep falling off the radar. We should at least try to remain a known name in European football. And not like we're gonna try, but winning it would be a good stepping stone if we want to go back into CL. The experience for our mostly inexperienced players would be useful. And of course, winning any official title is always a good thing, for prestige, confidence, momentum, etc. We really shouldn't miss out on the EL.
True.

1) schudetto: fail
2) EL: fail
3) coppa italia: fail
4) top four/CL: fail
5) EL qualification: failing...

What is left for us to compete for? The guy failed at every known and possible thing we could have gone for. What is the possible reasons to keep him then? He did not come close to any objective after a multimillion dollar mercato...he needs to go.

We need to look for greener pastures.
That's true too.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
So I am reading that Andrea Agnelli wants Delneri to qualify for Europe League and he'll stay.
I don't see any logic in this. There are many reasons for that and one of them is:

- Del Neri can end up 7th and qualify for EL
- Del Neri can end up 7th and not qualify for EL

The above depends on Palermo's results in Coppa Italia.

So why should DN stay in the first case (if we're 7th and qualify for EL) and leave in the second case?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't see any logic in this. There are many reasons for that and one of them is:

- Del Neri can end up 7th and qualify for EL
- Del Neri can end up 7th and not qualify for EL

The above depends on Palermo's results in Coppa Italia.

So why should DN stay in the first case (if we're 7th and qualify for EL) and leave in the second case?
When was there any logic this season anyway?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
If only the season was longer, we would hear "We will keep Del Neri if he keeps Juve in Serie A!" :touched:

taem

May 1, 2011
I just don't get why a member of the family like Ciro doesn't even get the dignity of a few more weeks while this bozo gets to fail at everything and still potentially keep his job. Like Alen pointed out it may not even be in his control. Delneri must have something on the Agnellis.

And I just can't be brought to care about Europa. Maybe that sounds stuck-up and ridiculous, especially given where we are and have been for a while. But the notion that simply making Europa is enough to keep an underperforming (nonperforming?) manager at Juventus, that chafes me raw. Even making UCL shouldn't guarantee you a job at Juventus imho, that should just be a given.

PS _ Very happy Ciro got a high profile gig btw, not saying he was wonderful as manager here but he's family.

PPS _ Also, this thread has made a Palermo fan out of me for the remainder of the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)