players who self-destruct/never made it (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Brolin i believe had an ankle injury, I think but it might be a knee , any swedish football follower might be able to clear that up but i think he broke his ankle

Anyway players who self destructed that i can think of are Gazza, Best to name a few while players who never made it are evryone on this forum, 90% of football fans who go to stadia and and are armchair followers so to start naming those will take forever

Aug 30, 2002
Kind of agree with you on gazza since his self destruction was a slow process but still managed a long, relatively successful career at a high level. The sad thing with Gazza is that even if he hadn't had his injuries his inability to say no to the excesses of drink and food would still have spoiled his career. Some say he could have been on a par with Zidane today...

Jul 12, 2002
Alfonso formerly of Barcelona. Potentially the best Spanish striker of this generation, but was the victim of politics and was put out of the starting line-up for both the Spanish national team and Barcelona regardless of form.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
isaksson was once a highly rated gk,now i think he's probably wasting his time at some mediocre club......
He is still the second keeper on the Swedish NT. That's not so bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)