Player of the Month: Cannavaro (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Man, just looking through some of the match videos that I've downloaded, there's a whole bunch of isolated un-spectacular incidents that have impressed me. I'll try my best to make individual clips out of them when I have time after I finish all my assignments.

Anyway, one of the incidents I'm talking about is an awesome piece of defending from Cannavaro. It wasn't a spectacular tackle or an outrageous clearance off the line (which Canna's already got under his belt this season :D).

In the match against Bayern, there's a moment of chaos in the box when a 'fortunate' deflection leaves 2 red shirts against Canna and Buffon. In a situation that would have been an easy goal last season, Canna somehow manages to outmuscle the two Bayern players and clear the ball. Again, it wasn't spectacular, but it was an absolute pleasure to watch :thumb:

Alexi-10

Oct 13, 2004
Fabio Cannavaro is great and I feel proud the way he just clears the ball out of the defence when we are in trouble. He is great to watch and never makes mistake's and fully deserves the player of the month award. Keep up the good work Canna! :)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
And the time when playing against Messina, Canna was chasing the ball with Zampagna behind him. And even though his boot came off after Zampagna stepped on him, he still gave chase and kick the ball away.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
how about that bicycle kick clearance off the line :thumb:

gosh, the season's only just started and he's already had so many memorable moments, which isn't easy for a defender.

Forza Canna :touched:

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

In the match against Bayern, there's a moment of chaos in the box when a 'fortunate' deflection leaves 2 red shirts against Canna and Buffon. In a situation that would have been an easy goal last season, Canna somehow manages to outmuscle the two Bayern players and clear the ball. Again, it wasn't spectacular, but it was an absolute pleasure to watch :thumb:
Actually it was spectacular, this tackle was better and more spectacular than all of buffons saves last night. Everyone at the cafe i was watching the game at were amazed, it was an impossibls tackle. And the way he controlled the ball afterwards is truely amazing.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
It was a spectacular piece of skill, but it wasn't 'spectacular' in that it didn't look that great to the neutral observer or the non-football fan.

How awesome was it though :eek::thumb:

btw I don't believe I've seen you around for a while, welcome back man ;)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
how about that bicycle kick clearance off the line :thumb:

gosh, the season's only just started and he's already had so many memorable moments, which isn't easy for a defender.

Forza Canna :touched:
i wanna see that bicycle

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #35
    He really deserves it as he's been quite simply superb. Forza Canna.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

i wanna see that bicycle
    Against Udinese. He went into Juve's goal.

Canna sure works hard to build a solid defence. and wad I like most bout him is that he stick 2 finger's into Totti's nose.

Forza Canna!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Cannavaro: Premiership sides suck ass

Juventus defender Fabio Cannavaro has told skysports.com that he does not fear English sides nor Ruud van Nistelrooy in the UEFA Champions League.

Although impressed by the Manchester United striker's four-goal haul in the midweek mauling of Sparta Prague, the Italy international is willing to write off The Red Devils and the other Premiership representatives in Europe's top competition.

"I have always considered myself to be an ambitious player," he told skysports.com.

"I really look forward to a major achievement with Juventus.

"In the Champions League, I think there are four favourites - the Italian sides [Juve, Internazionale and Milan] and Barcelona.

"I am less worried by the English sides, although Chelsea have been doing very well in their group.

"I also know Ruud van Nistelrooy scored four against Sparta Prague but I wouldn't be afraid to mark him.

"When you face this kind of player, you get an extra motivation to stop them."

Juve secured a superb 1-0 win against Bayern Munich on Wednesday with the 31-year-old outstanding at the heart of the defence.

"I am very happy with my performance," he explained. "But mostly with us grabbing the three points against such a great side like Bayern.

"From my point of view, it's a very flattering result. It's very easy for me to play with Lilian Thuram and Gianluigi Buffon, as we were the defensive pack of Parma in their golden years.

"Maybe we were physically stronger some years ago but we have gained a lot of experience since then."

The Azzurri skipper believes keeper Buffon should be a contender for the coveted Ballon d'Or award.

"It's incredible he has never won it," added Cannavaro.

"He has been the best goalkeeper in the world for four or five years so I can't see a better candidate than him.

"His miracle save in injury time from Roy Makaay's shot is just further proof of his value.

"He is still very young, but he was already a world-class player when he made his debut at 17."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)