pink floyd are the shite (1 Viewer)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
pink floyd are one of the asll-time greats. when the live8 concert was on the whole band were reunited for the first time in 25 years and it was fantastic to watch,especially when they played "comfortably numb""wish you were here" and "money" the hairs on the back of my neck stood up on end. pure class

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
welcome to the club Don,you will really have tough times with Floyd,getting addicted etc.. just ask Menace and Nawaf :D

must have pink floyd songs:
shine on you crazy diamonds
comfortably numb
wish you were here
high hopes

Damn,I will listen to Floyd again :moan:

Sep 14, 2003
Martin said:
I got an overdose of Pink Floyd in junior high thanks to an overeager English teacher and Pink Floyd fan. Made us watch that godawful "The wall" movie, also played us songs where we'd have to fill in the blanks in the lyrics. :lazy:
Oh Martin you really disappoint me again!. First, The Office and now Pink Floyd. Mind you, you are correct about the film version of The Wall, but then again, I have a pathological hate of Bob Geldof..

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Holdon said:
Oh Martin you really disappoint me again!. First, The Office and now Pink Floyd. Mind you, you are correct about the film version of The Wall, but then again, I have a pathological hate of Bob Geldof..
Well pick something we can agree on then :D

about Pink Floyd: dunno, it doesn't appeal to me at all, frankly it's another example of a band with a few simple tunes which people happen to like a whole lot more than they merit to be liked, something like (and I hope the comparison isn't insulting) ahem the Beatles.

As far as my impression of Pink Floyd goes anyway..

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Martin said:
Well pick something we can agree on then :D

about Pink Floyd: dunno, it doesn't appeal to me at all, frankly it's another example of a band with a few simple tunes which people happen to like a whole lot more than they merit to be liked, something like (and I hope the comparison isn't insulting) ahem the Beatles.

As far as my impression of Pink Floyd goes anyway..

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Have to agree with Martin. IMO Pink Floyd is together with Nirvana among the two most overrated bands ever. 1-2 gems, and the rest is average.

Just my taste.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

first of all i can't believe you used floyd and nirvana in the same sentence, though i respect nirvana, pink floyd's influnece and work is far greater. they are the most innovative band ever, not just their music, but they're stage presence, i don't know if you have seen any of their shows, but if you have, you'd know what i mean. they're albums were always original, and always brought something fresh and new. their music was in fact art. the album darkside of the moon is probably the best album ever recorded. albums like the wall, animals, piper at the gates of dawn, wish you were here...are just classic albums. the kind of albums that made a difference in rock's history, you liking it is a difference of tastes, but to say floyd are overrated is just wrong. ;)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
-nirvana is over rated.they got more fame than they deserved simply bcoz of kurt cobain's suicude and the image that he left behind.pearl jam were far superior to them when you talk about grunge.

-the beatles are over rated.i like them but i dont think they deserve the mantle of the greatest band ever.they were a boy band in many ways.the only thing that seperates them from the modern day boy bands is that they played their own instruments.a good band,but certainly not the greatest ever.

-but calling pink floyd over rated.NA!but then again,its abt opinion.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
axlrose85 said:
-the beatles are over rated.i like them but i dont think they deserve the mantle of the greatest band ever.they were a boy band in many ways.the only thing that seperates them from the modern day boy bands is that they played their own instruments.a good band,but certainly not the greatest ever.
The Beatles a boyband? :biggrin: To their credit at least they didn't dance like boybands do :howler:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)