Photography (12 Viewers)

OP
s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #102
    i watched "the art of photography" review this morning, will check dpreview too. at first glance it's a good upgrade on the xt3 and especially my xt2: bigger battery, better grip, faster af and better face tracking are welcome. not sure about the screen though: i don't need the fully articulated screen, and i dig the tilt screen in the xt2.

how do you like it? will you jump on it?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    i watched "the art of photography" review this morning, will check dpreview too. at first glance it's a good upgrade on the xt3 and especially my xt2: bigger battery, better grip, faster af and better face tracking are welcome. not sure about the screen though: i don't need the fully articulated screen, and i dig the tilt screen in the xt2.

how do you like it? will you jump on it?
    It looks awesome, but nah. Fuji not tempting me the slightest. The XH1 is perfectly fine for me. What about you? If you don't need ibis and aren't into video shooting i don't see THAT much of a reason to upgrade either.

...I'll probably get the XT4 in a few years, when they go on discount before releasing the XT5 :p

Not a fan of flippy screens either, but they trying to get a foot into video shooter market.

- - - Updated - - -

About the grip, have you ever tried one of those L plate like grips from amazon for example? I have one on the Xt20 and it makes it WAY better to hold. They only cost you like 25€

OP
    s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #104
    agreed on everything about the xt4. not worth the upgrade financially. it's not a cpu/gpu that loses most of its relative power in a gaming rig every single year or so. i was happy with a basic nikon body for more than a decade, the xt2 is here to stay for long. i guess the same goes with your xt20+xh1 combo.

i'd rather add a more compact body like an xe1/xe2 later for convenience though.

About the grip, have you ever tried one of those L plate like grips from amazon for example? I have one on the Xt20 and it makes it WAY better to hold. They only cost you like 25€
    thanks for the suggestion! with my small hands, i'm happy with the xt2 grip. there's that aftermarket meike battery grip i was eyeing last summer, but i rather bought a set of spare batteries, so there's no point in upgrading.

btw don't you have anything with a pentax mount? i just did a clearance in my basement, garage and attic (400+ kg's of garbage altogether...), and i found a little 50mm f1.8 manual lens with a pentax mount. i'd be happy to send it to someone who could use it.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    Just saw i must have missed the other post above for some reason. Why don't you try the Pentax yourself? :p Or maybe donate it to some art/photography student on a tight budget? They often are happy with vintage glass. I'd take it, but tbh i have already too much sitting on my shelf anyway. Probably time for a little yardsale on ebay...

Jamie Windsor is cool :agree:

OP
    s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #107
    agreed about windsor :tup:
    ...Why don't you try the Pentax yourself? :p Or maybe donate it to some art/photography student on a tight budget? ...
    no adapter (yet)... i'll probably donate it to someone. btw it's a cheap chinese knock off lens, i have no idea about the optical quality.

i knew that the x100 series were very capable little toys, but this article just made me appreciate them even more:
    https://fabryka-pikseli.com/fujifilm-x100/
    it's a long term test in polish, and freaking long, but the pics are worth checking.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    agreed about windsor :tup:

no adapter (yet)... i'll probably donate it to someone. btw it's a cheap chinese knock off lens, i have no idea about the optical quality.

i knew that the x100 series were very capable little toys, but this article just made me appreciate them even more:
    https://fabryka-pikseli.com/fujifilm-x100/
    it's a long term test in polish, and freaking long, but the pics are worth checking.
    It's worth it. If that lens isn't good, another one will be. Pentax lenses go pretty cheap from what i've seen. That it's a knock off doesn't mean much, often i find myself enjoying those cheapo lenses the most, because of their unique flaws. At least try it before giving it away.

Gonna check out the article later :tup:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    how do you just find something like this?!

congrats for an other nice tool to annoy the shit out of strangers :baus:
    Pretty sure not even my grandpa knew that he had that one sitting around in a shelf somewhere.

Film it shoots is bloody expensive though. Like 18€ for 8 sheets. I'll try it once, but don't plan on using it too often.

OP
    s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #117
    went for a short walk today with the family and shot a couple of spring flowers in the forest. i like this one:

_DSF1900.jpg

xt2, 18-55 w/meike macro tube, custom curve, plus exif tweak so it's possible to select the otherwise unavailable "classic negative" film simulation in capture one :weee:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    went for a short walk today with the family and shot a couple of spring flowers in the forest. i like this one:

_DSF1900.jpg

xt2, 18-55 w/meike macro tube, custom curve, plus exif tweak so it's possible to select the otherwise unavailable "classic negative" film simulation in capture one :weee:
    Loving the look :tup:

I guess it's a macro tube with electronics and auto focus support? How good does it work?

...Btw no matter how much i like it - i feel the strong urge to crush the blacks. I just can't help myself with the muted look :lol:

OP
    s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #119
    Loving the look :tup:

I guess it's a macro tube with electronics and auto focus support? How good does it work?

...Btw no matter how much i like it - i feel the strong urge to crush the blacks. I just can't help myself with the muted look :lol:
    yeah, this one:
    Code:
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B06ZYDWKNF/
    af is perfect even with both tubes combined, just as fast as without the tubes, but with macro, you know how it works. sometimes your hand is much more precise than the af mechanism, and if there's some wind, you'll also need that bit of luck to nail the focus. btw i only used the bigger tube today.

same curve, with untouched blacks:

_DSF1900_1.jpg

this pops more, the muted reflects today's cloudy weather with only a tiny bit of sunlight better probably. :boh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)