Photography (3 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Been waiting for snow to fall since like forever now, to get some winter-y shots :sad:

Picked up the 7 Artisans 60 2.8 macro today. Curious how it performs. Hopefully it'll arrive on saturday, together with some snowflakes preferably.

Also booked flights to Iceland and a camper for one week. Gonna drive round ring-road in June. Can't wait.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #85
    just when i wanted to ask you about these:

_DSF1139.jpg
    _DSF1144.jpg
    _DSF1146.jpg
    _DSF1174.jpg

_DSF1209.jpg
    _DSF1211.jpg
    _DSF1219.jpg
    _DSF1223.jpg

first couple of images with the pentacon 200mm f4. first 4: from the balcony of my mother in law. second 4: from the cemetery my father rests. not the focal length i'm used to, so i could really use some constructive criticism. i like the second batch, not sure about the first one.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    You don't like the first batch? :shifty:

Idk why, but i think i like the 3rd one the most :boh:
    The shadows of the posts i make it for me.

Also liking the punch of the 4th pic. Shadows and highlights came out great. Such nice shades.

Followed by the first pic of poor Jesus hanging on the cross. If they only would all hold as still as him.

Those the ones i like the best. What are your favorites?

OP
    s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #87
    You don't like the first batch? :shifty:

Idk why, but i think i like the 3rd one the most :boh:
    The shadows of the posts i make it for me.

Also liking the punch of the 4th pic. Shadows and highlights came out great. Such nice shades.

Followed by the first pic of poor Jesus hanging on the cross. If they only would all hold as still as him.

Those the ones i like the best. What are your favorites?
    i also like the first jesus pic. also, the contours of the hill with the tower: i used to collect mushrooms there with my grandfather. all those cemetary pics have some sentimental value. i'll print some for my auntie, she'll love those.

from the first batch, i dig the goal pic. as you pointed out, the 4th one has nice contrast after some editing. the level curve saved that pic, it was a lot flatter from the start. i tried to edit the cemetary pics with the same user preset i created based on the 4th pic, but they came out brutal and too edgy.

ah, and also thanks for the earlier suggestion about using capture one. i have the free express version for the moment, and it does the trick. completely different workflow to lightroom, but it's easy to get used to. :tup:

OP
    s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #89
    wide open it's soft indeed, but it certainly has that vintage manual lens vibe. cool one.

my 27mm pancake died. :depressed: once i review an image, it gets stuck in a position, and nothing helps besides pushing it back manually. it looks like a typical error with that lens, and the fix is allegedly too expensive. i gave it to a guy who works for fuji hungary and he should give me a quote next week. last thing i missed.

thanks to your review, bought an instax printer, should be here next week :nico:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    wide open it's soft indeed, but it certainly has that vintage manual lens vibe. cool one.

my 27mm pancake died. :depressed: once i review an image, it gets stuck in a position, and nothing helps besides pushing it back manually. it looks like a typical error with that lens, and the fix is allegedly too expensive. i gave it to a guy who works for fuji hungary and he should give me a quote next week. last thing i missed.

thanks to your review, bought an instax printer, should be here next week :nico:
    :sad: Sucks. What was it again? a 2.8? Nice walk around lens i guess.

If you don't mind manual focus maybe try the Pentacon 29mm 2.8? It's very common and only like 35€ or so.

Them chinese 25mm 1.8's aren't even bad either. Meike, 7 Artisans, Neewer. I got the Neewer one (because it was the cheapest out of the bunch, but they all look like they share the same optic formula anyway it seems) and it's a decent little lens. So tiny. Vignetting wide open, but i actually like that. Hard to beat for like 55€ new and you don't have to worry not to break it.

There is also a Meike 28mm that get's decent reviews iirc.

Instax lol. Which one did you get?
    ...Not that it matters really, your kids gonna make you poor man anyway :scared:

OP
    s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #91
    :sad: Sucks. What was it again? a 2.8? Nice walk around lens i guess.

If you don't mind manual focus maybe try the Pentacon 29mm 2.8? It's very common and only like 35€ or so.

Them chinese 25mm 1.8's aren't even bad either. Meike, 7 Artisans, Neewer. I got the Neewer one (because it was the cheapest out of the bunch, but they all look like they share the same optic formula anyway it seems) and it's a decent little lens. So tiny. Vignetting wide open, but i actually like that. Hard to beat for like 55€ new and you don't have to worry not to break it.

There is also a Meike 28mm that get's decent reviews iirc.

Instax lol. Which one did you get?
    ...Not that it matters really, your kids gonna make you poor man anyway :scared:
    the same model that you own, the sp2. lightly used, comes with a set of photo paper, for less that 60€ in local currency. i just thought it was worth a try.

as for the lens, unfortunately i need af... my son is my primary subject, so i can't track him with manual focus. i still have some hope for a moderately costly repair, i like that little pancake lens. this is it: https://www.opticallimits.com/fuji_x/855-fuji27f28

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    Today arrived my Meike 12mm 2.8 i bought for only €50 on ebay. Seller sold it as broken, because it had fungus growing on the glass. Looking at the pictures, i was hoping it's only under the front lens element, and it was :weee:

Just unscrewed the metal ring with a rubber sleeve and had access to the front element to clean it. Looks like new.

IMG_20200129_160249-01.jpeg
    IMG_20200129_160556-01.jpeg

OP
    s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #94
    Today arrived my Meike 12mm 2.8 i bought for only €50 on ebay. Seller sold it as broken, because it had fungus growing on the glass. Looking at the pictures, i was hoping it's only under the front lens element, and it was :weee:

Just unscrewed the metal ring with a rubber sleeve and had access to the front element to clean it. Looks like new.

IMG_20200129_160249-01.jpeg
    IMG_20200129_160556-01.jpeg
    did you try it? how is it?

family's got a lakeside house, yesterday i took a short walk. shitty windy weather, cloudy golden hour without the benefits. all pics: xt2 + pentacon 200mm f4

_DSF1459.jpg
    _DSF1490.jpg
    _DSF1501.jpg
    _DSF1511.jpg
    _DSF1522.jpg
    _DSF1527.jpg

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    What kind of power plant is this? A save one? :scared:

Loving the 2nd one. Looks like a great lens. Heavy as fuck though i guess :p

Haven't tried it yet. Weather is shit (just grey, no snow no nothing, not tempting to go out at all) Maybe i give it a go today, it's not looking like it's going to get better anytime soon anyway.

OP
    s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #97
    What kind of power plant is this? A save one? :scared:

Loving the 2nd one. Looks like a great lens. Heavy as fuck though i guess :p

Haven't tried it yet. Weather is shit (just grey, no snow no nothing, not tempting to go out at all) Maybe i give it a go today, it's not looking like it's going to get better anytime soon anyway.
    this is the plant: http://www.mert.hu/en/power-station good old tpp, we get the electricity from here in the region.

great lens indeed, but heavy af indeed :D a bit too long too, impossible to use for bigger nearby objects. but i love the way it renders stuff. a 135mm f2.8 or faster is on the bucket list though.

we simply skipped the winter once again... it would have been nice to have some snow. rooting for at least some sun in germany then.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    ...we simply skipped the winter once again...it would have been nice to have some snow. rooting for at least some sun in germany then.
    Bit of winter :weee:

Already melting away though.

DSCF5290-01-01-01.jpeg
    DSCF5254-01-02-01-01.jpeg
    DSCF5255-02-01.jpeg
    DSCF5256-01-01-01.jpeg

First one is basically the view from my maternal grandpa's grave. Could be worse.
    DSCF5274-01.jpeg
    DSCF5249-01.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

So I was out and next to me there were two pro photographers taking pics of two beautiful models. Their gear was pretty expensive and sick. I was a sneaky bastard so I took the shot myself.

s1.jpg s2.jpg s3.jpg
    :lol:

Just seen this :heart:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)