Photography (1 Viewer)

OP
s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #61
    Just picked one of those up on ebay :weee:

214252-2152205_02.jpg

Weather over the weekend is gonna be shite anyway, so nevermind the waiting.

You been out with your Pentacon yet? @s4tch
    congrats, waiting for your impressions!

it was a weekend without the missus, and i had a friend coming over to replace the engine in my gf's car so we just took a very short walk with my son. a shitty attempt at long exposure is all i came home with. i wish i had more time because the weather was perfect.

_DSF0920.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

How do you know which camera can use which lens? How does that work and are extenders reliable :boh:
    manual lenses won't require too complicated adapters. as there's no possibility for communication between the lens and the body anyway, just a simple ring with the right mounts will do the trick.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    congrats, waiting for your impressions!

it was a weekend without the missus, and i had a friend coming over to replace the engine in my gf's car so we just took a very short walk with my son. a shitty attempt at long exposure is all i came home with. i wish i had more time because the weather was perfect.

_DSF0920.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

manual lenses won't require too complicated adapters. as there's no possibility for communication between the lens and the body anyway, just a simple ring with the right mounts will do the trick.
    Ah, is see. Welcome to camp cheesy :p

I'm sure you'll enjoy it when you have some more time.

DSCF4719-01_resize_64.jpg
    DSCF4735-01-01-01_resize_84.jpg
    DSCF4737-01-01-01_resize_26.jpg

DSCF4752-01-01_resize_27.jpg

Btw. adapting old lenses can be a pain in the ass at times if you go with a Canon DSLR @Dostoevsky. Old Minolta MD and Canon FD lenses for example will require an adapter with glass in it iirc. More expensive and (possibly, depending on the quality of the adapter) bad for the image quality. There are also some lenses you can't adapt (not without diy lens work i wouldn't recommend at least...), because they'd hit the mirror of your camera when focusing.

Just go mirrorless my man :donedeal:

OP
    s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #63
    Ah, is see. Welcome to camp cheesy :p...
    sometimes i like it cheesy :dule:

btw most of these luminar "presets" look useless, like insta filters. but you can properly edit a photo too, and the ui looks rather simple and intuitive. there's also one single preset i liked for my fancy long exposure shot:

_DSF0921.jpg

OP
    s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #67
    great colors. :tup: vintage lenses tend to have these optical faults like lens flaring, but it fits the image perfectly well. looks like an other good purchase for you.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    Ah, is see. Welcome to camp cheesy :p

I'm sure you'll enjoy it when you have some more time.

DSCF4719-01_resize_64.jpg
    DSCF4735-01-01-01_resize_84.jpg
    DSCF4737-01-01-01_resize_26.jpg

DSCF4752-01-01_resize_27.jpg

Btw. adapting old lenses can be a pain in the ass at times if you go with a Canon DSLR @Dostoevsky. Old Minolta MD and Canon FD lenses for example will require an adapter with glass in it iirc. More expensive and (possibly, depending on the quality of the adapter) bad for the image quality. There are also some lenses you can't adapt (not without diy lens work i wouldn't recommend at least...), because they'd hit the mirror of your camera when focusing.

Just go mirrorless my man :donedeal:
    Your photos? Those are absolutely amazing. You're not completely useless afterall.

S4tch's ones though.. :lol: And he's talking like he knows what he's doing :lol:

OP
    s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #74
    The Fuji instax sp 2 is so fun for handing out pics to strangers right away after taking a portrait of them. You'd love it to for family get togethers i guess @s4tch :p
    did you get one for yourself? looks good, it reminds me of those polaroid days, but with more control over quality. no wonder the instax cameras sell like hot cakes. what about the quality? it it worth checking for someone who rarely prints photos otherwise?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    The Fuji instax sp 2 is so fun for handing out pics to strangers right away after taking a portrait of them. You'd love it to for family get togethers i guess @s4tch :p
    Is that with the tiny picture size? Someone gave me one of the Fuji instax mini cameras a few years ago, and the picture size is so small.

I have an old Polaroid SX-70 and love the film size, but it’s so damn expensive from the impossible project.

I guess there is a Fuji Instax wide that would be a happy medium?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    did you get one for yourself? looks good, it reminds me of those polaroid days, but with more control over quality. no wonder the instax cameras sell like hot cakes. what about the quality? it it worth checking for someone who rarely prints photos otherwise?
    It's awesome. I got it for myself, yes. For the reason i mentioned above. Picking up strangers and ask them for a quick portrait in exchange for a polaroid :p

I had a Polaroid as a kid, always wanted a instant camera again, but not quite sold on the quality you can get out of the Fuji instant cameras, so picked up this little printer. App (for me) works flawless, sending pics straight from the Xt20 works too. I'm really liking it.

Film is a bit pricy with 8,99 for 10 pics (You can get a bundle which is like 35€ for 50 pics though), but still ok imo. You don't have to print everything after all. That's another plus compared to just getting the instant camera. No shite pictures, as you decide what to print.

You may also consider the square version if you want something bigger btw.

I too rarely printed out pics anymore, but this little thing is addicting.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    Is that with the tiny picture size? Someone gave me one of the Fuji instax mini cameras a few years ago, and the picture size is so small.

I have an old Polaroid SX-70 and love the film size, but it’s so damn expensive from the impossible project.

I guess there is a Fuji Instax wide that would be a happy medium?
    Yep, the mini is the smallest size, checkcard size iirc. Wide is great, but you have to get the camera, they don't have a dedicated printer for the wide format. The instax sp3/square would probably be best if you want the classic polaroid look, it's like 140.-

- - - Updated - - -

Printed this one real quick. This the level of detail you can expect @s4tch
    IMG_20191223_214953-01-01-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)