Photography (1 Viewer)

OP
s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #21
    When you bought the XT2, did you also consider getting the XH1? If so, what is it that made you go for the XT2 instead?

The XH1 comes with free battery grip now and i'm kinda tempted.
    no, it was xt2 vs xt30 basically. xh1 would have been a bit too big to handle for the family.

if size wouldn't be an issue, go with the xh1. the better grip and ibis are certainly worth the price premium. those good old canon and m42 lenses aren't stabilized anyway. not to mention the grip that would probably cost around 200€ separately.

oh, new gear in the house. i bought a macro extension set :ghey: freaking hard to nail focus, steady hands are needed.

_DSF5330.jpg

_DSF5396.jpg

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    :tup: I see. XT2 makes sense for you then. I actually like the bigger more DSLR like bodies, always found the mirrorless cameras a little too small (i get that that's a huge selling point for them though)

Nailing macros with old manual lenses is an annoying task? You don't say?! :p

No macros. Have some leaves. Winter is coming.
    IMG_20191003_001042.jpg
    IMG_20191003_001115.jpg
    IMG_20191003_000959.jpg

OP
    s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #30
    i guess most of us use either lightroom or maybe capture one. here's a peek at luminar 4's new features:

it would require a completely different workflow for lr/c1 users, still, i'm intrigued by the simplicity that ai offers. or is it just a gimmick? your thoughts?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    Luminar (not this version obviously) was among the programs i tried out to find the nicest raw converter for me. I didn't like it. The raw files took too long to read (longer than in C1 and Affinity imo) and overall felt a bit slow. Also i just didn't like the interface.

The portrait features do indeed remind me of beauty apps for android and look like they are marketed to a certain kind of photographer. Not sure i like them. Sky replacement looks nice if you shoot a lot of landscapes and replace the sky often, but the few times i need it, it only takes me like 5 minutes in Affinity anyway.

I'll stick with C1 for basic raw conversation, and further retouching in Affinity. Those two work well for me.

That said, lot's of people love Luminar and if you are interested in the new features you might just wanna try (i suppose they will have a trial version?) for yourself to see if it suits you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)