Philippe "L'ENCULÉ" Mexes - CB - Roma (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Agreed, you know how often I criticised Mexes, but I sure as hell rahter sign him then Bonnucci.
Nice to see people support this deal.. If it does happend, it would be the best defensive deal since Thuram imo.
You probably noticed, but I rate this guy very very high and I think he's really underrated here. He's one of the best options on the market for us. He's great on the ground and very good in the air. Unlike Chiellini he uses more his brain. That duo would be just perfect IMO.

KroniK

X32 IARO
May 20, 2005
I rate him..

As a headless inconsistent unsporting whining chicken, who (despite being French)thinks himself as a true Romanista. Also, he never lived up to his hype/potential.

So, all that in mind, he can stay at Roma for all I care. :tdown:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Hehe, he uses his brain more then Chiellini? :howler: Giorgio must be braindead, because Mexes biggiest flaw is being such an emotional oaf that reacts to situations aggressively instead of read it and position himself. Thats why his most errors occured, especially in the 08-09 season.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Perhaps he meant when Mexes has the ball. He doesn't just blast it forward relentlessly.

But Chiellini is obviously the better player, with a brain or without.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Hehe, he uses his brain more then Chiellini? :howler: Giorgio must be braindead, because Mexes biggiest flaw is being such an emotional oaf that reacts to situations aggressively instead of read it and position himself. Thats why his most errors occured, especially in the 08-09 season.
He thinks while going into duel, passing and while keeping his feet on the ground. Chiellini is a great defender, no doubt about that. He is not braindead but he's a bully defender, he's not using his brain much.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Mexes was Burdisso's backup this season.

And yeah in terms of passing, Mexes is decent/technical, but in terms of defending, he is really an example of the brainless defender. Giorgio is a no nonsense defender, as in he doesnt like to have the ball (unless he is randomly counterattacking), and wants to make the safe choice, but defenitely dont think he is brainless in what matters, the defender. Wouldnt say the same with Mexes (when at his worst inconsistent self).

But yeah, either way, if the price is right, sign him.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Mexes over either Bonucci and Kjaer, especially the latter, any day.

Like DPFL said, straight swap with either Amauri or Iaquinta sounds sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)