Petroleum Economics and the Middle East (1 Viewer)

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
I don't mind working off-shore , but I'm used to hang out with my friends and watching a lot of football .

Working off-shore will be hard because it's boring and it will be pretty much like a prison .

I will be working 7 days then get 4 days off . Then , working 7 days and then get 3 days off .
So it's 7:4 , 7:3 .

and yeah , when you are working off-shore you get well paid .

I'll make around 3,200 $ /month , and it will be only my second year with the company .

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Not bad.

I know quite a few folk who work offshore, and most of them are quite happy doing it.

Take the good money for a few years, then be more picky and look for a job that is possibly more enjoyable and has less time away from home.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Nothing is the matter. Just commenting on idea of needing to be near home. My thoughts are if you are young go out, seek adventure, and all that.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #147
    I agree with that for sho. Experience the world as much as you can. Shame it has to be through slavery though.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Where home is may vary.

All I was saying was that you may not want to spend half your life on an oil rig.
    Yeah, no one would want to spend an entirety of one's life doing any one thing. At least that's how I see it. But a couple years spent roughnecking on an oil rig would definitely be interesting.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #150
    Yeah, no one would want to spend an entirety of one's life doing any one thing. At least that's how I see it. But a couple years spent roughnecking on an oil rig would definitely be interesting.
    Especially if it's somewhere beautiful.

But after seeing a film like Syriana, you have got to ask yourself is it worth it.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I'm sure it would be, Aaron.

I can't say working offshore has ever really appealled to me, even though there are plenty of opportunies to do it since Aberdeen is the main base for North Sea oil and gas.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #152
    I'm sure it would be.

I can't say working offshore has ever really appealled to me, even though there are plenty of opportunies to do it since Aberdeen is the main base for North Sea oil and gas.
    North Sea would be extremely harsh. Wouldn't want to work there.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
    i used to work in an oil comany here in Abu Dhabi, and to be honest it wasn't that bad to work on an oil rig. and u could choose the system of work if u want it to be 7:4 or 2 weeks: 1 week. u get everything u want in the rig the only thing u miss is the girls :p. and u get really well paid, more than $10k a month for the first year.

PS. i just want to explain something about the Petroleum Economics of the Middle East, the are to that dependent on Oil as many of you guys think and c in the movies. for example only 30 % of the UAE budget comes for Oil product. Suadia Arabia have many different incomes other than Oil and so on.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #157
    I'm no expert, but I'm not aware of waves causing much by way of problems.

I'm not sure what they do to try and limit the impact of the waves.
    Waves wouldn't be much of a problem. They must have safeguards against the rogue ones, too.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #158
    i used to work in an oil comany here in Abu Dhabi, and to be honest it wasn't that bad to work on an oil rig. and u could choose the system of work if u want it to be 7:4 or 2 weeks: 1 week. u get everything u want in the rig the only thing u miss is the girls :p. and u get really well paid, more than $10k a month for the first year.

PS. i just want to explain something about the Petroleum Economics of the Middle East, the are to that dependent on Oil as many of you guys think and c in the movies. for example only 30 % of the UAE budget comes for Oil product. Suadia Arabia have many different incomes other than Oil and so on.
    Yeah, and the rest of the 70% UAE budget comes from financial services and foreign investment. That's another phony economy.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #160
    True.

And the US Dollar is like the world's chemical weapon concocted by the financial terrorists, central bankers.

BLOOM! The entire World economy summed up in cocaine and terrorism.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)