Pessotto discusses his failed suicide attempt (3 Viewers)

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Juventus team manager Gianluca Pessotto has discussed his failed suicide attempt for the first time.

The former defensive star jumped from a balcony at Juve's headquarters on June 27, 2006 after the Calciopoli scandal broke.

Against all odds, Pessotto survived the fall and has returned to the game behind the scenes for the Old Lady.

“Everything I had done on the pitch had just disappeared,” he recalled in La Stampa.

“It was like receiving a kick to the head without knowing where it had come from.

“I felt like the victim of persecution as I was being chased as if I was the worst offender. Every person I saw seemed like the Devil or the Madonna.

“I was up at the club's headquarters and I wanted to go home. I switched off the light and I woke up eight or nine days later.

“When I woke up, a psychiatrist explained everything to me. I couldn't eat for three or four days as I tried to understand what had happened.

“I still can't understand the reason as to why I tried to do such a thing at the headquarters. Maybe I knew it was a secure place for me in some sense.”

Channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
pessotto u are a legend and will always be one what you have given to this club will never be forgotten, u are a great those special players that play for the shirt and love of the club. and for all this i thankyou

Geof

May 14, 2004
The guy in the centre is a Juve legend.

Gianluca Pessotto is one of the players I respect the most, happy to see him feeling better!

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
I think the word failed in the thread title, isn't exactly appropriate.

It's nice to see Pessoto is comfortable talking about it, it's a sign that he has moved on. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)