PES 3 FOR PC!!!!! Minimum requirements and other info inside. (1 Viewer)

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

WE7 is much better because it is more difficult and believe it or not, they made it more realistic than it already was in WE6.

it seems like you're in complete control of the player!

I've you've never played WE or you're still used to the PS1 versions, then you might not like it when you play the first games because it seems so difficult to get to the other keeper.

you really need to build up and make a lot of passes, 1-2s, side switching to get to the oponent's goal.

so, the more you play, the more you'll love it.

about the graphics:

maybe when taking a screen shot, winning eleven seems like it sucks, but it's a whole other story when playing.
the players in WE seems to actually make footsteps and everyone is moving..... in fifa, it feels like the players are gliding!!

hard to explain really...:confused:
Majed, funny thing is that I think scoring and all was less difficult in WE7 than WE6 :D

I don't have PS2 so when I visited my cousins and we played WE6, I was
pretty much the worse gamer! then they got WE7 and I was beating them
lol!!! So they put the game in the trash can!!! :(

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juventino ] ++
btw, Majed! Where did U find the juve - milan game screenshot?
is there any other PES-3/WE-7 sites on the net with screeshots?
can't remember!! i dont have the link! :wallbang:

the only reason why it might seem easier to score in WE7 is because the keepers are weaker. they dont make those "Buffon-type" tough saves as often. it's more realistic.

but getting to the goal is a bit tougher since the Defense is more organized.

a simple threw ball, 1-2, 1-3, or dummy 1-2 in WE6 would easily open up the defense.
in WE7, it's tougher becuase the man-marking is better. Also, You really do have full control of the defense if someone's attacking and puts a threw ball.
in WE6 there are those annoying occasions where the defender won't respond to the control and won't intercept a threw ball.

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
i really dont like PES. Its no were near as realistic or good as fifa.

The most hateful thing about PES is that the referees never play advantage, and also how its impossible to score freekicks unless its a fluke, and also how the passing isnt good enough. Cant play good long passes or long balls over the top. Can play an angled pass either.

Anyways some prefer this, some prefer Fifa. All a matter of opinion i guess :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by McFarlando ] ++
i really dont like PES. Its no were near as realistic or good as fifa.

The most hateful thing about PES is that the referees never play advantage, and also how its impossible to score freekicks unless its a fluke, and also how the passing isnt good enough. Cant play good long passes or long balls over the top. Can play an angled pass either.

Anyways some prefer this, some prefer Fifa. All a matter of opinion i guess :)
then you've must have only played the game for 10 minutes!!

I do agree that the refs stink and the advantege system needs to be fine-tuned, but other than that, i dont see anything wrong.

i could score all types of freekicks at any angle of the goal! it's tough, but very realistic.
the passing is pretty good if you control the player well. you need to know the prefered foot and you need to direct him well. only players like DP, Raul, Zidane...etc. can pass the ball with the outside of their foot acurately and quickly.

With the long passes, there are actually a lotof types. you could use the regular one but aim it ahead of the player. (manual aim...use the analog stick for direction). you could use L1+Circle for a higher long pass exatly on the player. if you're before the half line, L1+Cirlce would send a very long ball in the middle of the field to the other keeper. if you have counter attack set, your attacker can intercept it so it could be like a long threw ball. there is also L1+Triangle for a regualr threw long ball.

When you cross the ball (when near oppenent's box) there are also three other types:
Circle would cross the ball regularly.
Circle (double push) would cross the ball at chest hieght for an flying header or a high voller.
Circle (triple push) would cross the ball very low but not touching the ground. This is difficult to master, but when a cross comes to your player, expect a thounderous volley!!

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
i dont actually mean that about crossing. I cant really explain whay i mean. Basically you can only pass cross straight or 45 degrees. Crossing and passing in fifa just allows more variety and is more realistic i believe.

Freekicks? They suck. You dont have control over them. Maybe there is a technique to it but thats not what we need. We need to direct the ball exactly were we want to, like fifa.

Its not a totally bad game, but i just dont see the improvements from the last game at all. And IMO i repeat IMO :D its not the same quality of game as Fifa.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by McFarlando ] ++
i dont actually mean that about crossing. I cant really explain whay i mean. Basically you can only pass cross straight or 45 degrees. Crossing and passing in fifa just allows more variety and is more realistic i believe.

Freekicks? They suck. You dont have control over them. Maybe there is a technique to it but thats not what we need. We need to direct the ball exactly were we want to, like fifa.

Its not a totally bad game, but i just dont see the improvements from the last game at all. And IMO i repeat IMO :D its not the same quality of game as Fifa.
nothing against your opinion :)

just showing our side to it.

about Freekicks...i dont like how Fifa have always had that Arrow showing the Direction of the ball. it makes it too easy.
In WE/PES, there are no arrows...what you move left or right is your sight.

There are so many ways to kick the freekick unlike Fifa where you only have a couple of types.

In WE, pressing down + square would make the player kick it DP style (but just as the player kicks the ball, press left or right to make the ball curve)
pressing up + square is a powerfull kick.

down + Circle would make a low drive to go between the legs of the players in the wall.

square itself (and curve of course) would make a shot kinda like beckhams ( a cross between strength and acuracy)

you could also tap the Circle button to try and chip the keeper. (do this when very near to the penalty area)

you could also do regualr stuff of course like crossing the ball, passing it...etc.

the game takes a bit of getting used to.... i've bought every fifa game till fifa 2002. and it took me a while to switch to WE (which i thought was crap). but when i finally did, i'm hooked on it. i can never go back to Fifa.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I got PE3 today :D

It's a CD-Rip, I don't really understand why they needed a DVD :undecide:

First impression: I need a gamepad

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
well i play both fifa and WE, and i have to say that WE is much much better than fifa except for the graphics.

there are many issues that make WE better than fifa:

1) in fifa, the passing seems so easy.
2) in fifa, the ball travels very fast when a player shoots it, i mean try del piero, he is not a powerful shooter but in fifa he can shoot the ball like roberto carlos.
3) the most annoying thing in fifa is that u can shoot a screamer although the player turns his back to the goal (try running away from the opposition goal and shoot)
4) in fifa, the curve of the ball (in feekicks) is very unrealistic.
5) the movement of the player and his reflexes are abnormal and unreal.
6) the gk in fifa seems to be like a superman, his reflexes are very fast which is also unreal.

these are few issues that make fifa less realistic than WE.

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I got PE3 today :D

It's a CD-Rip, I don't really understand why they needed a DVD :undecide:

First impression: I need a gamepad
an illegal copy eh?....just what's ur address again?:D
but seriously is the gameplay speed slows down and at some points the screen starts flickering......i dunno if it's the video card but i'm waiting for a patch

OP
.AB.

.AB.

Mafioso
Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #33
    For people with the slow downs here is a fix,

Download a program called "3D-Analyzer" in this site: http://www.tommti-systems.com/
    Run the program.
    Click on "select" button (label 1) and find the Pro Evolution Soccer 3 game executable (pes3.exe). Click in "open", check the option labeled "emulate HW TnL caps" and click on "RUN" button (label 4).

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
    theres no difference between the dvd copy and the cd copy at all.... my friend has the dvd copy, its similar in eveything.........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)