Pennypinching Juve (1 Viewer)

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
If Marotta knew from the beginning that he had a small budget then why did he insist on bringing in a coach who he knew would change the formation thus meaning we would have to sign around 9 or 10 new players?.

If we would of kept Diego and played him beside say Krasic or even Quag with Giovinco on the bench and brought in a world class Striker with a 3 man Midfield of Melo, Aquaman and Marchsio and brought in a couple of Full Backs then we would be even more competive than we are now.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Why do Juventus always go for cheaper options when signing players? Apart from Krasic and Bonnucci this season we have hardly splashed the cash. I know we're not the richest club in the world but you can't tell me that our situation is that dire that we've had to bring in six players all on loan.

Could you honestly imagine clubs like Manchester United and Real Madrid having six loan players in their teams? That's the standard we need to aim for and it's just bizarre in my book. This whole 'lets get the cheaper option' thing isn't new for this season either we've done it for years. Sometimes it works but usually with us it doesn't and I don't understand why we continue do it because we really can't be that broke!?
We've spent close to 160 millions during Secco's Era !!! I wouldn't call that cheap, as someone here said we're simply "dump".

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Why do Juventus always go for cheaper options when signing players? Apart from Krasic and Bonnucci this season we have hardly splashed the cash. I know we're not the richest club in the world but you can't tell me that our situation is that dire that we've had to bring in six players all on loan.

Could you honestly imagine clubs like Manchester United and Real Madrid having six loan players in their teams? That's the standard we need to aim for and it's just bizarre in my book. This whole 'lets get the cheaper option' thing isn't new for this season either we've done it for years. Sometimes it works but usually with us it doesn't and I don't understand why we continue do it because we really can't be that broke!?
What are you on, son?

In 2009-2010, I believe only Real Madrid splashed more cash on the transfer market than Juve did. That earned us 7th place.

Missing out on CL revenues this year, we had a much tighter budget and squad. Manchester United and Real Madrid are in entirely different situations than Juve. Get it out of your head that this is still 2002. Instead of comparing us to Manchowder and Real, you should be comparing us to Liverpool and Atlético Madrid.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
We just have a really retarded board once again no real leadership for competitiveness again. We now have the Zaccheroni of boards this season (apart from Nedved that is) The board is stuck in 06 and before looking at such transfers this winter.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
What are you on, son?

In 2009-2010, I believe only Real Madrid splashed more cash on the transfer market than Juve did. That earned us 7th place.

Missing out on CL revenues this year, we had a much tighter budget and squad. Manchester United and Real Madrid are in entirely different situations than Juve. Get it out of your head that this is still 2002. Instead of comparing us to Manchowder and Real, you should be comparing us to Liverpool and Atlético Madrid.
:tup:

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Relax guys,we are just sand baging,amauri will soon shed his heavy hair and start scoring goals in supersonic speed,motta will soon flex his muscles and injure on an average one striker every game,melo will be spotted slapping himself every 8 minutes so that he does not do the same with anyone else,krasic and pepe will keep running and running and running,Iaq will eat steel up his and become unbreakable.

And we will win!

forza dumb nerd and morontta!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Not sure what some of you are talking about.

Mark said:
- AM RL Simone Pepe 1983 Udinese (loan 2.6m €) +7.5m buyout
- GK Marco Storari 1977 Milan (4.5m €)
- AM RL, F C Jorge Andrés Martínez 1983 Catania (12m €)
- D C Leonardo Bonucci 1987 Bari/Genoa (15.5m €)
- D R Marco Motta 1986 Udinese (loan 1.25m €) +3.75m € buyout
- AM R Miloš Krasić 1984 CSKA Moscow (15m €)
- M C Alberto Aquilani 1984 Liverpool (loan)
- F C Fabio Quagliarella 1983 (loan 4.5m €) +10.5m € buyout
- D C Leandro Rinaudo 1983 Napoli (loan 0.6m €) +5m € buyout
http://forum.juventuz.com/showthread.php?30242-2010-11-Juventus-mercato-and-roster

So lets assume we don't buyout Motta and Rinaudo because they aren't any good, yet we do exercise on Aquilani who has a buyout option of around 15M Euros along with the others. Taking into account loan fees and the payments we will have to make to sign the others on the list, the grand total of transfer and loan fees amounts to:

88.35M Euros

So what the hell are people talking about, we aren't spending money? Just because we can pay the transfer sums via installments, rather than the entire fee up front, doesn't mean the players will cost less. We have been over this before. At the end of the day, we will still have to pay the same amount for the player, deducted from the books.

Does 88.35M in loan fees and transfers seem like a drop in the bucket to you?

I realize paying for a loan with an option to buy is essentially insurance in case the player is horrible, but these costs add up. And just imagine if we sign everyone on the list... we'll be paying close to 100M Euros for signings made for this season.

So to me, irrespective of the success of certain signings, the only difference between Secco and Marotta is that one spends big money freely and the other spends big money plus a premium for insurance.

OP
forzajuve_27

forzajuve_27

Apr 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #35
    What are you on, son?

Right now our level is Liverpool and Atletico Madrid but lets show some damn ambition because alongside Manchester United and Real Madrid is where we belong!

I'm not saying that we haven't spent money but when it comes to signing individual players we always go for the cheaper option rather than spend a few million more and get that bit more of quality that we need. However we won't do that and unfortunately as we are also playing in a declining league, everyone knows the rumours of Fabiano won't happen which I find to be very unfortunate.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
    Relax guys,we are just sand baging,amauri will soon shed his heavy hair and start scoring goals in supersonic speed,motta will soon flex his muscles and injure on an average one striker every game,melo will be spotted slapping himself every 8 minutes so that he does not do the same with anyone else,krasic and pepe will keep running and running and running,Iaq will eat steel up his and become unbreakable.

And we will win!

forza dumb nerd and morontta!
    HAHA:tup:

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    Not sure what some of you are talking about.

http://forum.juventuz.com/showthread.php?30242-2010-11-Juventus-mercato-and-roster

So lets assume we don't buyout Motta and Rinaudo because they aren't any good, yet we do exercise on Aquilani who has a buyout option of around 15M Euros along with the others. Taking into account loan fees and the payments we will have to make to sign the others on the list, the grand total of transfer and loan fees amounts to:

88.35M Euros

So what the hell are people talking about, we aren't spending money? Just because we can pay the transfer sums via installments, rather than the entire fee up front, doesn't mean the players will cost less. We have been over this before. At the end of the day, we will still have to pay the same amount for the player, deducted from the books.

Does 88.35M in loan fees and transfers seem like a drop in the bucket to you?

I realize paying for a loan with an option to buy is essentially insurance in case the player is horrible, but these costs add up. And just imagine if we sign everyone on the list... we'll be paying close to 100M Euros for signings made for this season.

So to me, irrespective of the success of certain signings, the only difference between Secco and Marotta is that one spends big money freely and the other spends big money plus a premium for insurance.
    How did you get 88.35M Euros?

The only probable players will buy on loan are - Quagliarella, Pepe, Aquilani and Matri.

Aquilani = 16M. Juventus is trying to lower the number to 12M but we'll keep it at 16M for now.
    Pepe = 7.5M. Which is payable in 3 installments so 2.5M is likely to paid this summer transfer window.
    Quagliarella = 10.5M. Which is payable in 3 installments so again, 3.5M is likely to be paid this summer transfer window.
    Matri = 15.5M. Which is payable in 3 installments so againnn, 5.2M is likely to be paid in this summer transfer window.

So 16 + 2.5 + 3.5 + 5.2 = 27.2M

That's if we keep all (the most likely) players on a permanent basis.

If you're talking about the fees we paid to loan out the players too well then:

2.5M for Matri, 4.5M for Quagliarella, Pepe for 2.6M, and Aquilani for nothing.

2.5M + 4.5M + 2.6M = 9.6M

9.6M + 27.2M = 36.8M

Edit: nvm i thought you were talking about loans only :sergio:

I thought we already paid for Krasic, Bonucci, Storari and Martinez?

If we didn't its going to be even larger than 88.35M in the summer. :sergio:

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
    In fact I think the norm in European football is to pay in installments. Paying more than 12 million for a player is rarely paid upfront. It's cheaper that way, lessens the present value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)