[Peace Cup] JUVENTUS 2-1 Real Madrid, July 31st 2009 (1 Viewer)

whateverr

Jun 16, 2009
God how I hate the I hope he's the next Zidane or I wish he'll be the next Platini thing or when are we going to have the next Del Piero.
Yea thirded (is it a word?) but I still mantain he couldn't be any more different from those guys if he tried. These sort of comparisons are done mostly by the media though...romanticizing about old players and their reincarnation is always fun.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
So I'm guessing you are still implying that Diego only plays as a trequartista (a player of the third half) and does not collect and play the ball everywhere on the field...You see this only confirms what I thought originally...you have never watched him at Werder..in fact I would hazard a guess and say the only footage of him you have glanced at comes from youtube...
But OFCOURSE :howler:

And yeah really, what I was thinking, he doesnt play same position as this guy at all (I mean, REALLY, Diego invented a new position, he is the first playmaker who moves all over the pitch to dictate, for sure), too much youtubing confuses me.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Yea thirded (is it a word?) but I still mantain he couldn't be any more different from those guys if he tried. These sort of comparisons are done mostly by the media though...romanticizing about old players and their reincarnation is always fun.
100%

Maybe he's not a different player from them (Style of play, Tech, vision etc) but it bothers me when comparisons are down the table. I mean let the player be himself, the more you compare him to someone like Michel Platini for example the more chances or the lowest odds you'll get is ending up disappointed.

whateverr

Jun 16, 2009
But OFCOURSE :howler:

And yeah really, what I was thinking, he doesnt play same position as this guy at all (I mean, REALLY, Diego invented a new position, he is the first playmaker who moves all over the pitch to dictate, for sure), too much youtubing confuses me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yyqV6Cp9fs&feature=channel_page
Again I bow at you resourcefulness...How you manage to find clips on youtube is beyond me. You are truly a great in the art of debating and the skill of attributing phrases to others...You are a god among men with the talent of using capital letters as well as smilies...I concede defeat.

whateverr

Jun 16, 2009
100%

Maybe he's not a different player from them (Style of play, Tech, vision etc) but it bothers me when comparisons are down the table. I mean let the player be himself, the more you compare him to someone like Michel Platini for example the more chances or the lowest odds you'll get is ending up disappointed.
Ye..I have lost count of how many players have been the new Maradona..they have all ended up flopping so badly. I think the whole media attention and hearing those phrases must put so much pressure on a single player.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
i cant wait for this game, should be massive i hope we can beat em it would send a message out to the rest of the football world.

Aug 28, 2007
Osman & Whateverr, your argument shouldn't be about the position Diego plays, it should be about findin an appropriate term for those that play his role. I've seen some of Diegos matches & I know he plays like Maradonna, Zidane, Jay Jay Okocha and Ronaldinho before he became a striker (& now Milan want a renaissance for him), I also know he isn't a trequartista like Giovinco, Ribery or Iniesta, so findin that appropriate term for these special group of players is what I think you guys have to do.

joeypro

Aug 26, 2008
Osman & Whateverr, your argument shouldn't be about the position Diego plays, it should be about findin an appropriate term for those that play his role. I've seen some of Diegos matches & I know he plays like Maradonna, Zidane, Jay Jay Okocha and Ronaldinho before he became a striker (& now Milan want a renaissance for him), I also know he isn't a trequartista like Giovinco, Ribery or Iniesta , so findin that appropriate term for these special group of players is what I think you guys have to do.
Ribery and Iniesta are Triquartistas? :sergio:

Brandmon

Juventuz irregular
Aug 13, 2008
Trequartista is a central 'Rear Striker', just lying behind the other striker/s to both help them out and score when necessary, not an attacking midfielder or winger. Roberto Baggio, DP and Totti are good examples. Just to make that clear

Mar 30, 2006
Ribery and Iniesta are Triquartistas? :sergio:
sup Joeypro

Yeah Ribery is a winger. Iniesta is a CM but he started as a forward or a right winger. But I have seen him played as a Left winger, Left back, Right back and as a central attacking mid (/Trequartista) once or twice.

but yeah like the guy above me said Totti, Baggio, Platini type players are Trequartista.. i dont think of Del Piero as one cuz although he can play it he does not excel in that position.

Aug 28, 2007
sup Joeypro

Yeah Ribery is a winger. Iniesta is a CM but he started as a forward or a right winger. But I have seen him played as a Left winger, Left back, Right back and as a central attacking mid (/Trequartista) once or twice.

but yeah like the guy above me said Totti, Baggio, Platini type players are Trequartista.. i dont think of Del Piero as one cuz although he can play it he does not excel in that position.
Iniesta is not a CM, Xavi is, Xavi plays like Pirlo, scheming right smack in the midfield so the AM and strikers can have more space to play in, he also has to perform a few defensive duties. An AM however, roams the line behind d striker scoring bt most importantly creatin goals. Iniesta, Giovinco etc, have one thing in common, they play everywhere behind the striker, scoring but most importantly creating goals. Now, who is a trequartista? I've read many definitions here but I think we all can reach a consensus so lets try. I think our guy (the trequartista) is an AM, what do you guys think. P.S I concede, Ribery is a winger.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
Ye..I have lost count of how many players have been the new Maradona..they have all ended up flopping so badly. I think the whole media attention and hearing those phrases must put so much pressure on a single player.
There is no such a thing as new Zidane or new Maradona, first of wall they played in different times and different teams, and different teammates, which makes them really different.
To maradona thing, it's stupid to compare to him and football has changed a lot, there is no player on earth who would take the ball and score all by himself, don't even dream about that.
Every new player has its own characteristics what makes him special...

So Diego is Diego... Stop fucking comparing him, cos you offend Diego and you offend the legends like Maradona, Zidane, Platini and so on...

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
Sssssshh, I'm studying this new revolutionary role discovered by you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhy2RUvk7x4

Btw, told Diego yet? He oughta know, poor fella still thinks he is a classical playmaker/trequartista, and compared his style to, what do you know...players of that position, deluded mofo :shifty:
BTW that karate-kick to the corner flag is a gesture to be discouraged...it could go HORRIBLY wrong...and impair his ability to 'shoot-out' little diego's...

Right...now u guys can get back in the ring!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)