PC Issues thread (1 Viewer)

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
My laptop has started fucking up since last Sat! It would start normally, then certain applications would not load, i'd try to do something and it would crash and give me an error along the lines of 'application failed to initialize properly 0xc0000006'.

Any ideas what it could be?

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That is a bad Windows error, going by the code and start up. What programs are not starting up that usually do?

Have you added new software recently?

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
On the side of the screen normally I have a clock type thing, an icon for wireless printing and something else; these three things do not come up on the screen, and anything else i try to click on whether it is chrome, football manager or just a folder, it stops working, then after a while an error comes up, normally (three times) its the code I posted above, another 2 times, different codes came up.

I'm gna be taking it to the repairs today or tomorrow, but was wondering if anyone knew/experienced this before

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I've seen similar before, it's one of those where the OS goes haywire, usually if software is being downloaded and crashes, updates etc.

It might even be a HD issue if it's fairly old, but most probably clean install will be their fix. Maybe a system restore back to a couple of weeks ago would even work.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
The laptop itself was bought in Dec 2010 and it's never really been pushed, with the most challneging thing being FM haha...from the 'research' I did, most mentioned that it would be due to the OS, but i'll see what the shop tells me

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
My laptop has started fucking up since last Sat! It would start normally, then certain applications would not load, i'd try to do something and it would crash and give me an error along the lines of 'application failed to initialize properly 0xc0000006'.

Any ideas what it could be?
Try to go in safe mode, do a error check and Install teamviewer and let me take a look?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
In the end it turns out that it wasn't a router issue. I was using proprietary drivers from Broadcom on Ubuntu and it was hogging the network. Once I switched to open drivers that come with Ubuntu, the issue vanished.
I think I switched to the proprietary driver because the WiFi connection kept dying on me with the open drivers. Now I've to choose between the network being hogged (and endure the wife's murderous stares) or turn the WiFi control on Ubuntu off and on several times a day. Decisions, decisions.
@bonBon
Murderous stares? Pics!!!

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Is it worth getting Cisco CCNA certified?
i have Bc in IT eng and master of IT Management. i also have 3 years experience in network(security).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)