Pavel Nedved (21 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He was a star for Lazio and Juventus and part of the Czech Republic side which finished runners up at Euro 1996.

But he reveals he would have liked to play for the 13-time Premier League winners — and that he turned down a move to Stamford Bridge.

Speaking to Czech publication iDNES, he said: “A regret? That I never played for Manchester United, I’d have liked that.

“The transfer was never on the table though, there was only Chelsea.

“I liked the generation of Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs, who I admired.

“I was a little bit jealous of Karel Poborsky who played in Manchester and experienced great matches.

“I know he still feels that love.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It gets worse:

The Ballon d'Or winning midfielder is rightfully considered to be one of the greatest of his generation and he's also lined up with his fair share of world class teammates, including Alessandro Del Piero, Lilian Thuram, Gianluigi Buffon and, of course, Milan Baros.

But one player stands out among all that talent, and his name is Zlatan Ibrahimovic:
"In terms of teammates, I've had a lot and I don't want to offend anyone.

"If I had to say one though, I'd say Zlatan Ibrahimovic. He's a striker who can cut through defences, he has scary power and height, as well as excellent technique.

"That said, when he came to Juventus he couldn't finish. What you see today is mainly down to the fact Fabio Capello took him for a half hour of shooting practice after every training session."

Apr 9, 2015
Yeah, just the experience of one of the biggest clubs in the world like Barceloan, United, Real, Bayern and Juventus offcourse.

You can see it on the other side. He wanted to play by Man United, but he stayed at Juve because he loved the club too much and after that he came to the conclusion that he wanted to play for an English club aswell, but he followed his heart with Juve :D :D :D

frick

Apr 4, 2010
Del Piero said exactly the same. How is this disappointing ?
Wanted to play there is one thing, regret is another. I expected something like "not playing in UCL final after a stupid yellow" or something, especially he's now a director for us. Oh well, he can say whatever he wants of course.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He said in same interview biggiest regret is missing that CL final due to the yellow, will never forget it.

Admiring or wanting to try out a different league/culture in one of the biggiest clubs is fairly normal.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
“I was a little bit jealous of Karel Poborsky who played in Manchester and experienced great matches.

This got to be made up. 100%. Nedved would've liked to play for United, sure. But those statements are way too outlandish and hilarious to be true. Dude played for a truly great team

It gets worse:

The Ballon d'Or winning midfielder is rightfully considered to be one of the greatest of his generation and he's also lined up with his fair share of world class teammates, including Alessandro Del Piero, Lilian Thuram, Gianluigi Buffon and, of course, Milan Baros.
:shifty:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He said in same interview biggiest regret is missing that CL final due to the yellow, will never forget it.

Admiring or wanting to try out a different league/culture in one of the biggiest clubs is fairly normal.
exactly. Many players said it. Lots of utd players of that era got great respect for juve and vice versa

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
He was a star for Lazio and Juventus and part of the Czech Republic side which finished runners up at Euro 1996.

But he reveals he would have liked to play for the 13-time Premier League winners — and that he turned down a move to Stamford Bridge.

Speaking to Czech publication iDNES, he said: “A regret? That I never played for Manchester United, I’d have liked that.

“The transfer was never on the table though, there was only Chelsea.

“I liked the generation of Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs, who I admired.

It gets worse:

But one player stands out among all that talent, and his name is Zlatan Ibrahimovic:
"In terms of teammates, I've had a lot and I don't want to offend anyone.

"If I had to say one though, I'd say Zlatan Ibrahimovic. He's a striker who can cut through defences, he has scary power and height, as well as excellent technique.

"That said, when he came to Juventus he couldn't finish. What you see today is mainly down to the fact Fabio Capello took him for a half hour of shooting practice after every training session."

Why do United even bring this up on theyre official site? I mean wtf. Its not necessary.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Why do United even bring this up on theyre official site? I mean wtf. Its not necessary.
I guess its just a way to say one of the jewvay greats out there admires us and regrets playing for us and admires our player (zlatan). Look at us? Look how great we are, that we have to bend forward to see our red penis.

Nedved's comments were disappointing, no real need for it but then its sadly normal. Neither he or any other of our legends share the same sentiment. We dont have a direct rivalry with Union, so these guys dont see, hear or deal with Union fans or EPL media to know or realize why they are so obnoxious.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
"The Ballon d'Or winning midfielder is rightfully considered to be one of the greatest of his generation and he's also lined up with his fair share of world class teammates, including Alessandro Del Piero, Lilian Thuram, Gianluigi Buffon and, of course, Milan Baros."

:tuttosport:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)