Pavel Nedved (42 Viewers)

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Really? He's a legend there, I think he'd reject all EPL moves even if the offer is huge. Serie A suits him IMO and I don't think he should go to Spain.
Do you realise how bad Serie A's reputation is in England these days? IF he leaves Liverpool I think it would only be for Barca or Real Madrid. Don't forget that he was very close to signing for Chelsea a couple of years ago too.

I think he'll stay at Liverpool though.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Great footballer and everything, he can make it. BUT, I think Inter will try to get Gerrard this summer and if they fail, I'm afraid they'll go after Slovak.
Lots of factors will decide that.

Last summer Napoli proved their ambitions. They succeeded in keeping their stars Hamsik and Lavezzi and on top of that they splashed +40m euro on new players (Quagliarella, Cigarini, Zuniga etc). If they manage to make the top 4 and play CL then not only that Hamsik (as their main player) will cost more, but Napoli might succeed in keeping him for one more season and giving him a chance to prove himself as a leader of a team in the CL.
Then there is the World Cup. Napoli will surely not sell him before the WC and if Hamsik plays well there his price will go up even more.

But if Napoli fail to make the CL after the big summer spendings, then they might be forced to sell him.
In any case, no matter if it's cash only or there will be other players involved in the potential deal, I expect nothing less than 25-30m eur price tag for Hamsik.
Maybe that sounds way too much, but Napoli are aware of his qualities and if they're not forced to sell him (in addition to Hamsik playing a very good WC) then even 25-30m eur might not be enough to convince them to let him go.

May 22, 2007
"Hamsik è il mio vero erede. E' il calciatore che per caratteristiche e per modo di giocare più si avvicina a me"

"Hamsik is my true heir. He's the player who, with the characteristics and style of play, is the closest to me".

Does this mean that Nedved was an inconsistent, kinda lazy, player who just happens to be at the right place all the time or it means that Hamsik isn't such a player? :D

I know that the Czecho-Slovakian link has something to do with this statement, but I know that there is much more than a regional connection between these two. Hamsik has many of Nedved's characteristics.

Neddy has been saying this for years now, but unfortunately our board is yet (at least officially) trying to do something and try to get Hamsik here. Now it might be too late to get him.
Do you know how good Nedved was at Sparta Prague before he joined Lazio? I doubt he was as hyped as Hamsik is now. I always thought that Napoli's problems (up until Mazzari arrived) were what held him back a lot of the time.

It would be interesting to see how any coach would fit him into our team though, with either 4-3-1-2 or 4-2-3-1. I'm not totally sure he'd be a good replacement for Camo on the right side of the latter.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I've changed my mind about Hamsik. I'd like to have him here. So, I wish he plays like shit this half of the season and then has a shitty world cup. Then we get him on the cheap :D

Where would he fit in our current set up, if he decide to keep Diego and Giovinco?

shosho

Jan 26, 2010
Diego played on the right side a few matches (Napoli in the cup) and was really good there. But if Hamsik comes, Marchisio will lose his place and Sissoko/Melo will always be in the starting XI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)