Pavel Nedved (126 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
haha

basically he is old and not as good as he used to be. he hurts the team in terms of ability when he is on the field more than he helps

i still love the guy but as i've said numerous times throughout this thread >> the sun is rapidly setting on neddo's allustrious career

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I humbly disagree...he is still playing better than most in our MF...of course he las lost the explosiveness and pace of the Nedved of old, but he is still a factor

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I humbly disagree...he is still playing better than most in our MF...of course he las lost the explosiveness and pace of the Nedved of old, but he is still a factor
but thats not really saying much now is it?

on top of that, he has 1 good game out of every 6 he plays in

i'm not a big fan of those stats

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I completely agree with Android, a game of hustling with alot of work ethic against Real, and now having his truly first excellent game by scoring two goals against Bologna, doesnt change the fact Pavel has been a liability for us in general this season with his, honestly, quite hapless performances.

You can still love him and admit all this, he can give us few glimpses of competent peformances, but all the times has been frustratingly useless shouldnt be so easily forgotten. Its not like its a suprise, he was this last season, just slightly worse nowadays, and he has been in a steep decline for couple of years. Only now its even worse in going below the acceptably decent/ok level he held in last seasons.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I completely agree with Android, a game of hustling with alot of work ethic against Real, and now having his truly first excellent game by scoring two goals against Bologna, doesnt change the fact Pavel has been a liability for us in general this season with his, honestly, quite hapless performances.

You can still love him and admit all this, he can give us few glimpses of competent peformances, but all the times has been frustratingly useless shouldnt be so easily forgotten. Its not like its a suprise, he was this last season, just slightly worse nowadays, and he has been in a steep decline for couple of years. Only now its even worse in going below the acceptably decent/ok level he held in last seasons.
osman,

if you read back into this thread then you will see the criticism i've taken for this opinion i've held since last feb

i'm glad to see another reasonable mind in this fanboy forum/thread

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
but thats not really saying much now is it?
Yes and No.

YES - you are right that he's not good enough anymore to lead us to glory and bring us trophies.
NO - you're wrong when you say that we must bench him and occasionally give him a chance, simply because he still offers more, or just as much, as the alternatives we currently have in the team.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Ален;1787937 said:
Yes and No.

YES - you are right that he's not good enough anymore to lead us to glory and bring us trophies.
NO - you're wrong when you say that we must bench him and occasionally give him a chance, simply because he still offers more, or just as much, as the alternatives we currently have in the team.
but its the lesser of 2 evils

if we start him consistently and he does what he has been doing then we are missing out on another player possibly giving us more of an edge to win.

i know that logic can be applied to any player/position on the field but neddo's presence hinders the development and opportunities for younger talent we have on the roster in the MF role.

sadly this same case will apply in 2 years when Ale's time comes as well

jessy

Aug 23, 2008
Android your opinion is not the same for Juventus players and coach:

Chellini on Nedved: "Made him another year’s contract, I have said that to him too. The team sees him as a leader and in a difficult moment he took us by hand and threw us to the victory."

Ranieri on Nedved: "Now we have to step on the accelerator, Pavel has already done that, probably he heard that I’m insisting to prolongue his contract."

Source: Tuttosport

Maybe they know better than us what is good for them. Nedved surely is not the Nedved of 2003, but he is a leader in every sense of the word. Obviously he will not play every march with the same intensity but put him on the bench after three good matches is a contradiction. When he will be tired, he will rest.

And seeing the genuine affection that Giovinco has for Nedved (the hug between them after the match against Real and he was one of the first to hug him after the goal against Bologna) is not him that oppose Giovinco to play. Ranieri chooses the team on the field and for now he prefers Pavel.

nabulio

Jan 31, 2008
well, he was my countryman a player who grew in front of our eyes. he was just decent when he was 22, but his made him legend.

BUT, he played brilliantly against Bologna and he did relatively well against Real. To be honest he was one of our worst players in other games, these are the facts. The guy is able to play at the highest level, he has heart and brain for that, but my point is, that these type of players should retire when they are on the top. an inteligent player would do that.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
well, he was my countryman a player who grew in front of our eyes. he was just decent when he was 22, but his made him legend.

BUT, he played brilliantly against Bologna and he did relatively well against Real. To be honest he was one of our worst players in other games, these are the facts. The guy is able to play at the highest level, he has heart and brain for that, but my point is, that these type of players should retire when they are on the top. an inteligent player would do that.
he's not your countryman anymore?

Aug 1, 2003
I think we will slowly let Pavel go, eventually. It's not just a matter of him playing on the pitch anymore but what he represents and also his leadership. We've all seen the affection he and Gio share and maybe Gio can take up the Pavel's mantle. Problem is Gio has yet to get such opportunities and this ain't Pavel's fault.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Android your opinion is not the same for Juventus players and coach:

Chellini on Nedved: "Made him another year’s contract, I have said that to him too. The team sees him as a leader and in a difficult moment he took us by hand and threw us to the victory."

Ranieri on Nedved: "Now we have to step on the accelerator, Pavel has already done that, probably he heard that I’m insisting to prolongue his contract."

Source: Tuttosport

Maybe they know better than us what is good for them. Nedved surely is not the Nedved of 2003, but he is a leader in every sense of the word. Obviously he will not play every march with the same intensity but put him on the bench after three good matches is a contradiction. When he will be tired, he will rest.

And seeing the genuine affection that Giovinco has for Nedved (the hug between them after the match against Real and he was one of the first to hug him after the goal against Bologna) is not him that oppose Giovinco to play. Ranieri chooses the team on the field and for now he prefers Pavel.
i don't care if my opinion is the same of the players/coach.

the facts are facts and goes beyond the field, its the nature of the business.

can you honestly tell me that pavel has played to his ability and actually contributed in more than 50% of the starts he has made for us dating back to his last 10 starts/appearances?

go back into the pages of this thread and you will see my consistent argument that the guy is past his prime. he is on a rapid decline in skill, productivity and non-aesthetic contributions to this team.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
The guy give's 200% in every game and we all love him. But we must move on and start looking for he's replacement starting from next season. Our managers want to renew he's contract not because they really believe he can add alot to the team but simply because they can't find a replacement for him. They thought Gio is nedved's replacement but ranieri has other idea's (and i really think ranieri just don't know what to do with gio).

So all what they're doing is renewing for nedved for another year hoping that by next season they can find someone to replace him.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Juve-Nedved, it can not finish

09:43 del 31 ottobre

He was a protagonist in Bologna and he can be so for a long time. Pavel is already planning to renew for one season. His major objective is the Champions League. His high salary would not be a problem: the club has always been able to repay the faithful players who helped the club in Serie B

(Corriere dello Sport)

Mar 30, 2006
haha

basically he is old and not as good as he used to be. he hurts the team in terms of ability when he is on the field more than he helps

i still love the guy but as i've said numerous times throughout this thread >> the sun is rapidly setting on neddo's allustrious career
I still think Nedved is one of our most important players. He offers us alot and without him our attack looks much more lethargic. Also I don't see many better players who can step in for him.. ok Giovinco is great but it does not mean we dont need Nedved. Especially with Camo always injured. I would rather have our Nedved in the team then several other left sided mids.

Miki

Jun 18, 2008
Juve-Nedved, it can not finish

09:43 del 31 ottobre

He was a protagonist in Bologna and he can be so for a long time. Pavel is already planning to renew for one season. His major objective is the Champions League. His high salary would not be a problem: the club has always been able to repay the faithful players who helped the club in Serie B

(Corriere dello Sport)
No. He should retire. I really don't want to see him when he comes to that point where he can't contribute anything to the team. He's a legend, let him go as a legend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 122)