Pavel Nedved (21 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Nedved: «Continuo per la Champions»

Ancora un anno con la Juventus. Ancora un assalto alla Champions League. Pavel Nedved ha deciso e per la gioia di tutti i tifosi bianconeri ha rinnovato fino al 2009 il suo contratto.

Il giorno dopo l’annuncio (vedi articolo), il ceco ha rilasciato alcune dichiarazioni in esclusiva a Juventus Channel prima dell’inizio dell’allenamento. «Sono restato per tanti motivi – ha confessato -, ma soprattutto perché volevo giocare ancora questa affascinante competizione che si chiama Champions League. Tutti noi, insieme, vogliamo provare a vincerla. Dobbiamo pensare da dove siamo ripartiti e cosa abbiamo fatto. Questa qualificazione ci ha premiato di tutti i sacrifici fatti e per questo ne siamo orgogliosi».

Nella scelta di continuare a calcare per un altro anno i campi di gioco, decisivo è risultato un sostegno speciale: «Mia moglie mi è stata molto vicina e mi ha convinto di proseguire quest’avventura che dura da sette anni e che mi ha regalato grandi emozioni. Sono molto legato a questa squadra e giocare con questa maglia è speciale».

L’intervista verrà trasmessa su Juventus Channel alle ore 18.15, nel corso del programma “231 allenamenti”.

Lasciate i vostri messaggi per Pavel su JuventusMember
juventus.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I doubt we would play CL Final with any manager next season. But hey, anything is possible.
Possibility is always there, but I don't trust Ranieri in CL, because CL is no similar to league, if you make a mistake (which he does a lot), you don't have the chance to make it up for it later.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
Nedved: Wife And Champions League Convinced Me

Juventus midfielder Pavel Nedved has explained the reasons behind his decision to extend his deal with the Turin giants for another year.

The Czech international signed a one year extension on his current deal amid fears that he was going to leave at the end of the season.

However, Nedved, who has been at the club for seven years, revealed that he has stayed because he wants to try and win the Champions League with the Old Lady.

"I stayed for many reasons but the main reason is because I want to play in the fascinating competition which is called the Champions League," Nedved told Juventus Channel.

"All of us together want to try and win it and now we need to think about it and work hard.

"The qualification for the competition has been a reward for all the hard work that we have put in this season.

"My wife stood by me and she convinced me to continue this adventure, I have been here for several years and it is very special to play in the Juventus jersey."

Juventus will play in the Champions League preliminaries in order to qualify for the group stages. The Bianconeri have enjoyed a successful return in Serie A following their return from Italy's second division.

Salvatore Landolina

From Goal.com

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Nedved rejects Czech call
Wednesday 14 May, 2008

Juventus star Pavel Nedved has turned down a place in Karel Bruckner’s Czech Republic squad for Euro 2008.

The 35-year-old, who has just signed a new deal with Juve, was approached by Bruckner, but decided against travelling to Austria and Switzerland.

Nedved retired from international football in August 2006, but had admitted he was tempted to return for Euro 2008.

“I spoke to him for the last time yesterday, but it is still the same,” Bruckner revealed as he announced his 23-man squad for a pre-tournament training camp.

“He will not be in the team. He has never said anything else, so he has only confirmed his decision.”

There had been hopes that Nedved would replace Arsenal’s Tomas Rosicky, who was ruled out with a knee injury.

Bruckner’s squad does include Milan’s Marek Jankulovski, Lazio defender David Rozehnal, Tomas Ujfalusi, who is set to leave Fiorentina, and Zdenek Grygera of Juventus.

Channel 4

May 14, 2008
The boss revealed today that he had held a meeting with the 35-year-old Juventus ace regarding the latter's international retirement, but that the head-to-head did not prove fruitful.

"I spoke to him yesterday but nothing's changed," he said.

"He won't be in the team. By not saying otherwise he confirmed his decision."

This is a particularly tough blow for the Czechs given that captain Tomas Rosicky of Arsenal will definitely miss the tournament due to injury, leaving a significant gap in the midfield.

Brückner has sought to reward good domestic form by including the likes of Slavia midfielder Daniel Pudil and newcomer Vaclav Sverkos, who leads the Gambrinus Liga scoring charts with his side, Banik Ostrava.

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Jaromir Blazek (Nuremberg), Petr Cech (Chelsea), Daniel Zitka (Anderlecht)

Defenders: Zdenek Grygera (Juventus), Marek Jankulovski (AC Milan), Michal Kadlec, Tomas Sivok (both Sparta Prague), Radoslav Kovac (Spartak Moscow), Zdenek Pospech (FC Copenhagen), David Rozehnal (Lazio), Tomas Ujfalusi (Fiorentina)

Midfielders: Tomas Galasek (Nuremberg), David Jarolim (Hamburg), Marek Matejovsky (Reading), Jaroslav Plasil (Osasuna), Jan Polak (Anderlecht), Daniel Pudil (Slavia Prague), Libor Sionko (FC Copenhagen), Stanislav Vlcek (Anderlecht)

Strikers: Milan Baros (Portsmouth), Martin Fenin (Eintracht Frankfurt), Jan Koller (Nuremberg), Vaclav Sverkos (Banik Ostrava).

by goal.com

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Giovinco will rotate with Nedved. We already have the replacement.
I hope so. If that is goin to be the case tho, maybe we cud work it the same way as makalele's deal at chelsea where he only plays in the champions league and the important games in the league thus saving his energy and allowing giovinco a lot of playing time.

it's just an idea

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)