Pavel Nedved (104 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
I don't think a poor season, would put remembering Nedved at risk.

On the other hand, we DO have quite an amount of fickle fans on here.
I would remember him for the goal he scored vs Real Madrid in the Champions League final in '03, even if he ended on a low.

You summed up my thoughts in the last sentence though.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Nedved staying for another season would great, really. He'd get to play CL with us again and there would less pressure on Giovinco. We wouldn't have to buy a direct replacement but focus on getting a great central midfielder instead.

pavlicka

Oct 24, 2006
Of course, sometimes he did not play well.
But Pavel is still progressing. If you always watch him carefully, you will find it.I think this kind of player is very rare.
A commentator also said the same thing in the last match (Juve vs Atalanta).

Geof

May 14, 2004
I think it may be just right to end his career at the end of this season. On a high, so he will be well remembered.
I agree. It's important to end on a high and Pavel deserves that for everything he gave to the club along the years.
The decision of continuing is up to him. It is clear that he still adds to the team. Not onyl his Atalanta winner, but also his continued running and dedication to the team. I'd love to have him for one more season, or even more.

The only question is if he still has the motivation to play. If he does, we should offer him a new contract for a season, with an option for a second.

Let's not get high on these "Nedved replacements". I don't think there is a player out there who can run as much as Pavel while having the same technique, shooting and passing skills... And even if there is one, it would take a lot of adaptation to reach the level that a former Ballon d'Or has reached with Juve.

quiet over here. so this means his head injury is nothing serious ?
I guess not...

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I think Nedved's had enough, I think he's had enough even before this season but the circumstances made him continue further. He's just such a dedicated person he doesn't show it. This will, IMO, be his last season with us.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I think so too. I think he will hang his boots at the end of season. I think he wants to be more with his family and that his legs won´t last another season.

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
I think Nedved's had enough, I think he's had enough even before this season but the circumstances made him continue further. He's just such a dedicated person he doesn't show it. This will, IMO, be his last season with us.
well i think so too. i think he will retire in the czech NT jersey this summer

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
if i was Nedved, i would feel insulted if they thought i was only good enough for a minor role next season...retiring after Euro'08 would be perfect for Pavel

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
i think he would want it. obviously he is not as useful or capable as he once was, and next year would be worse, but i think after his time in serie b, it would only be fitting that he has another attempt at lifting the CL trophy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 102)