Pavel Nedved (16 Viewers)

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Pavel ponders future plans Thursday 30 August, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus veteran Pavel Nedved is unsure whether his future lies in the game as a glittering career nears its climax.

The Czech winger has spent 11 years at the top level in Italy, making 137 appearances for Lazio and 185 for Juve.

When Nedved decided to stick with the Old Lady in Serie B last term, it was suspected that he would continue playing long enough to enjoy one final Champions League hurrah with the Bianconeri.

However, it seems that the pace of top-flight football may be slightly quicker than the No 11 remembered and he admits that it is taking its toll.

“As a 35-year-old it’s not easy to keep yourself at your physical peak,” he told the Juventus Channel.

“I don’t want to look too far into the future. I am under contract until June and then I don’t know what I will do. I’m not even sure that I’ll play a part in the world of football or retire completely.

“My wife knows how hard I find it to get up in the morning with my knee problems, but I;m still motivated.”

If this is to be Nedved’s final season, it could hardly have started in a more promising vein after a 5-1 rout of Livorno and progress in the Coppa Italia courtesy of Wednesday’s 3-1 defeat of Parma.

“We’ve had a great summer in the transfer market,” he grinned. “This Juve side lacks experience, but we have added desire and spirit. We should fear nobody.”

Finally, Pavel was asked whether we can expect to see a son continue the Nedved dynasty in the future.

To tell the truth I wouldn’t want my son to follow in my footsteps,” he laughed. “I’d prefer that he played another sport so he didn’t have to face comparisons and could have a quieter life.”

-Channel 4

Imagine his son is a warrior like his father and he will be his successor one day:toast: But that's unlikely according to Pavel:(.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

lets hope he can give it one last push for Juve
Exactly. All I want him to do is to hold on just this one season more, that's the most we can ask from him. And so far he's really pulling it out, hope injuries won't get to him though..

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Exactly. All I want him to do is to hold on just this one season more, that's the most we can ask from him. And so far he's really pulling it out, hope injuries won't get to him though..
:agree:

I don't think he is mentally up for one more year after this season, we should enjoy every great moment he will give us this season.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Nedved didn´t have any major injury problems in his Juve career though. Last season he played ALL games excluding that 5 match ban. That´s pretty impressive for a 34-year old man. I hope last season repeats itself.

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
:agree:

I don't think he is mentally up for one more year after this season, we should enjoy every great moment he will give us this season.

I really do hope n pray he is......I feel that fate owes him one more shot @ the champions league following the disappointment of 2003/2004 when he single-handedly led us 2 d finals which he missed thru an unfortunate booking(steve mcmanaman is a f!@#% wanker!) I still feel we wulda beaten Milan had he played..he was PHENOMENAL that season.

So here's wishin him a fantastic birthday and more strength and agility in his weary bones n joints.......

we love u Pavel.............u r a living legend..God bless u n urs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)