Pavel Nedved (8 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Mancini: "I Did Speak To Nedved," He Claims, And Is Still After Pato

Internazionale coach Roberto Mancini spoke to Gazzetta dello Sport regarding the Nerazzurri's summer transfer movements. Touching on Pato, Chivu, and a couple of surprises, he gave hints as to the shape of the Inter squad for next season...

Italian legend Roberto Mancini has enjoyed a fine tenure as Inter boss, but cannot rest on his laurels. Despite the magnificent Scudetto of last season, he recognises that the squad needs strengthening for the new campaign.

And one player heavily linked with just that task if Alexandre Pato. The Brazilian wunderkind has been linked with teams across the continent but still has not signed for a European club, despite nearly becoming a Chelsea player last month. Mancini confirmed that Inter were still chasing the striker's signature.

However, he recognised that other clubs were still interested, and that the move was complicated. He started by discussing the possibility of Pato's going elsewhere. "I do not know of Pato's negotiations with AC Milan. We, however, have been chasing him for two years. We saw him before many other clubs knew about him, when he was very young.

"He's an intelligent boy, though, and knows that frequent, early moves could be difficult for him. But we know that if he chooses Inter, he'll find an atmosphere that really helps him feel at home, and to help him become a great star.

"But, I repeat, Pato is still really a young boy, and it would not be easy for he and his family to come from Brazil. But he still has the qualities to become a legend," said Mancini.

As well as going after strikers, Inter have also tracked defenders. The Cristian Chivu saga, still tiresomely dragging on, heavily involves Inter, and Mancini continues to have an interest in Roma's Romanian centre-back. He said, "Chivu's a player that we followed and really wanted. The negotiation has been difficult, but we will still follow it to its conclusion.

"True, the president grows tired and may reach the end of his tether, but this doesn't change the fact that Chivu is a great player."

Closing the subject of Chivu, Mancini dropped a bombshell in declaring he'd spoken to Pavel Nedved, the veteran midfield virtuoso who came close to leaving Juventus.

"Now, I spoke to Nedved," smiled the boss, but soon explained why.

"I called him because we've known each other for years, and are friends. I actually called to ask him about a Czech player, but of course wanted to know if he was going to quit playing, as had been reported.

"So, this was the extent of the phone call, and not what was reported," he grinned.

Finally, Mancini, brushing aside suggestions that Inter is losing its Italian identity, agreed that Cassano could yet be a transfer target for the San Siro club.

channel 4

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Finally, Mancini, brushing aside suggestions that Inter is losing its Italian identity, agreed that Cassano could yet be a transfer target for the San Siro club.

channel 4

:lol2: So if they sign Cassano, they'll have, let's see...three italians? :howler: Inter lost Italian identity a long time ago, Mancini.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)