Pavel Nedved (23 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
i hope instead of retiring he pulls a beckham and makes a surprise move to the usa! i love nedved and it would be a shame for me to never see him play live.:pint: id of course love to see him stay with juve but i think hes alittle old and he might not have it in him to play another season in serie A after this one

Buy on AliExpress.com

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Jonathan Zebina claims he convinced Pavel Nedved to stick with Juventus and reject a surprise offer from rivals Inter.

Nedved had been on the verge of ending his Turin career after disappointing terms for a new contract and could have joined the Nerazzurri on a free transfer.

“I told Nedved not to go to Inter, because he wouldn’t have looked right in that shirt,” explained Zebina.

“I had no doubts he would make the best decision, so it was just a talk to clarify the situation. He has been decisive for Juve and will be again.”

Although the Czech midfielder has not mentioned Inter specifically, teammate Zebina has inadvertently confirmed the rumours that Roberto Mancini’s side had approached him.

The top stars have all remained with the Bianconeri after their promotion from Serie B and one man sparked that trend.

“It was very important that Gigi Buffon stayed, then the others decided to remain as well. We were all waiting for the first step to be taken by someone else, as it was a very delicate situation,” continued the Frenchman.

“If Gigi had gone, then it all would have become more complicated. I do believe that everyone basically wanted to stay, though.”

The squad has been reinvigorated by the arrival of new Coach Claudio Ranieri and a host of signings including Vincenzo Iaquinta, Zdenek Grygera, Domenico Criscito, Antonio Nocerino, Hasan Salihamidzic, Tiago and Sergio Almiron.

“The first few friendlies will give an idea of what we’re really worth and if the team is united. The new faces have settled in well and the Coach seems to be the right man at the right time.”

channel4

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Ibrahimovic.. “This coming season will be more difficult, as it’s only normal to have pressure on the winners. To take the Champions League it’s not enough to be the best – you have to hit your peak at the right time and have a little bit of luck. That is the only trophy I’ve never won and I don’t want to end up with Pavel Nedved’s regrets.”

Cheap shot!! :ferocious

The rest of the article here http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul14h.html

Jul 2, 2006
Ibrahimovic.. “This coming season will be more difficult, as it’s only normal to have pressure on the winners. To take the Champions League it’s not enough to be the best – you have to hit your peak at the right time and have a little bit of luck. That is the only trophy I’ve never won and I don’t want to end up with Pavel Nedved’s regrets.”

The rest of the article here http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul14h.html

he will end up with Pavel Nedved's c.ck

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Pavel Nedved admits he turned down multi-million pound contracts – including from Inter – to stay with Juventus. “My agent hates me!”

As his deal had expired, the Czech hero could comfortably have left on a free transfer this summer, but opted to remain after an increase in wages showed he was not being taken for granted.

“A teammate told me I wouldn’t have looked right with Inter’s Nerazzurri shirt. I didn’t see myself in it, either,” smiled Nedved.

It was revealed that the player who made that comment was defender Jonathan Zebina, who told newspapers of his conversation.

“In any case, I am happy to still be a Juventino. I didn’t want to throw away everything I had built in these years. I have many friends in Turin,” added the 2003 European Player of the Year.

It was touch and go for a while, as Pavel had threatened to retire early rather than accept an insultingly low wage after he had stuck with the team through their demotion to Serie B.

“At a certain point I imagined myself at home with my slippers, but I love football too much to sit back and watch others play,” he told ‘Il Giornale.’

“It’s true there were economic problems, but I did everything I could to remain at Juve, even if I received far more advantageous offers. A year ago I didn’t even want to know about them, but this season it was right to do so, seeing as some clubs would have set up a golden bridge to take me there.”

Just as the situation seemed to be beyond repair and Inter were closing in, Nedved took matters into his own hands.

“My agent Mino Raiola got angry with me yet again, but at the end of the day I am the one who decides where to play. I invited director of sport Alessio Secco to my house for dinner and we resolved everything as friends.

“It was the right way to go, as I have many friends in Turin and we still have a mission to accomplish – qualifying for the Champions League. We’re perhaps still a little bit off the Scudetto, but the transfer market isn’t over yet and the more champions arrive, the better.”

channel4

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Nedved- the heart and soul of Juventus :pint:

I never wish injury to any player, but after Ibra's comment slamming Neddy, I hope Giannichedda or Zanetti break his fucking leg :agree:

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005

He makes me feel that he is over 30 and literally won everything else :tdown: :tdown:
Helllllllloooo You've never won anything in europe whether with your national team or any other team you've played with. And after the calciopoli the only two trophies you have in your basket are 1 scudetto and 1 super cup + two in netherlands if I am not mistaken.. GROW UP. :faq1:

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
Zlatan u are bloody knn cb small lan chio prima donna, looking at your current club i don't forsee u holding the champions league aloft in the near future as well. Firstly it will not be easy in the defending your league title as this coming season u have got all your rivals competing on a equal footing thank god for that, therefore don't expect the title to be handed to your club on a silver plate. As already seen last season even with leading Serie A comfortably u didn't launch
a successful campaign in the champions league what make u think u will be able to that in coming competitve season.Your teams defence is poor , your tactical and field discpline are even worse , i really expect your team to get thrown of the
competiton when u all have brawl against Man United in the knock out stages thus with both these teams being kicked out the competiton .That would be so...so... gratifying .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)