Pavel Nedved (61 Viewers)

Jul 24, 2006
From Sky Sports:

Pavel Nedved may call time on his Juventus career after realising his objective of helping the Bianconeri regain their Serie A status.

The Old Lady, demoted in disgrace at the start of this season for match fixing, sealed their return to Serie A at the weekend, but the top flight's gain may ultimately be Juve's loss.

Czech Republic veteran Nedved believes he has repaid the debt he owed to Juventus and, mulling over the prospects for a new season, is considering carefully his metier.

"I remained at Juventus precisely because I wanted to see Juve back in Serie A," Nedved told CTK.

"I felt I owed a big debt to Juventus and wanted to help the club back to where they belong. We've done that and now I have a clear mind."

Nedved, who earlier this season rejected the offer of a contract extension, is expected to announce his intentions for the new season by the end of June.

"We have got promoted early so now I have enough time to think everything through properly. At the moment, I don't know what I'll decide.

"Before this season I had a clear motivation to get Juve back into Serie A. I don't know what my motivation will be now.

"It will be difficult to find another motivation and if I want to continue then I need a goal."

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
great. :tdown:

i dunno if this is another interview taken out of context by the editor and slapped together or what but this is the last thing i wanted to hear.

i hate all these media outlets and their aimless banter day after f*cking day :disagree:. the hard part is trying NOT to take sh*t like this seriously.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
If he was to retire,do you people think we'd need a new signing?or can Marchionni fill Nedved's boots?
if he were to leave then we would definately need a new signing, marchionni is normally a right sided player so there is no way he could do pavels role, we'd need malouda more than ever if this happened!!! i hope to god it doesnt!!

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
If he was to retire,do you people think we'd need a new signing?or can Marchionni fill Nedved's boots?
:agree: mos def, the sad reality is that i dont think we will ever be able to "fill his boots" just find someone decent enough to carry that side would have to be goal. i'm not too sure about marchio so i don't wanna write him off yet.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
no wait guys u gotta aim high...Pavel just 2 more seasons, this season get to the CL and win it along with Scudetto in 08-09...you can do it!!!

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
From Sky Sports:

Pavel Nedved may call time on his Juventus career after realising his objective of helping the Bianconeri regain their Serie A status.

The Old Lady, demoted in disgrace at the start of this season for match fixing, sealed their return to Serie A at the weekend, but the top flight's gain may ultimately be Juve's loss.

Czech Republic veteran Nedved believes he has repaid the debt he owed to Juventus and, mulling over the prospects for a new season, is considering carefully his metier.

"I remained at Juventus precisely because I wanted to see Juve back in Serie A," Nedved told CTK.

"I felt I owed a big debt to Juventus and wanted to help the club back to where they belong. We've done that and now I have a clear mind."

Nedved, who earlier this season rejected the offer of a contract extension, is expected to announce his intentions for the new season by the end of June.

"We have got promoted early so now I have enough time to think everything through properly. At the moment, I don't know what I'll decide.

"Before this season I had a clear motivation to get Juve back into Serie A. I don't know what my motivation will be now.

"It will be difficult to find another motivation and if I want to continue then I need a goal."
what about the '08-'09 CL ? :p

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
the 5 games he replaced Nedved when he was suspended were great by RP. I think if he plays more in that position he would improve greatly

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Keep on truckin Neddy!! One more season. :agree:
no wait guys u gotta aim high...Pavel just 2 more seasons, this season get to the CL and win it along with Scudetto in 08-09...you can do it!!!
there we go boys! i'm gonna write a real letter to juve to pavels box, it would start with something like this (just a rough draft):

Pavel,

I am writing you not as a fan of Juve but as a fan of the Nedvedonator. I have recently heard some rumors of your plans to "retire" following this season. I would like you to know that discerns me and leaves me with a bad feeling in my pants. Not only does Juventus need you, but I need you... to play... for me... in Serie A. There are many juventini faithful who would do anything for you to return for 2 more seasons and lead us to the scudetto and the CL crown. In light of the circumstances I will promise you that if you return I will quit my job and follow you until you retire from juve. I will attend every match and be seated with no pants. everytime you score/assist i shall dance bottomless just to show my dedication to the best player on our team. Everytime you are fouled I will toss an opposing fan over the rafters to his certain death to avenge the pain you may feel. I cannot live without you neddo. Stay for me, your dear friend.

Sincerely yours,

Dru Mehta

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)