Pavel Nedved (106 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
No dream ending as Nedved takes final bow

PRAGUE (AFP) - There was no dream finale for Czech international midfield great Pavel Nedved who played his final game for the national side in a 3-1 friendly loss to Serbia in the south eastern town of Uherske Hradiste.

"I've thought about this for a long time, and I think the time has come to leave," said a tearful Nedved, as streamers around the stadium read: "Farewell Pavel and thanks."

"I've a heavy heart. My life as a player passed before my eyes, I felt so many emotions.

"I can't even remember how I played so many things were going through my head
," added the 33-year-old Juventus player, who left the pitch to a standing ovation.

Nedved, European Footballer of the Year in 2003, scored 18 goals in 90 appearances for the Czech Republic.

He retired from the international scene after Euro 2004 only to return to help the Czechs qualify for the World Cup.

The father of two has starred in two editions of the European Championships, helping his country to second place in 1996 and the last four in 2004. He made his international debut in 1994.

The Czech Republic had gotten off to a strong start when Jiri Stajner put the hosts ahead after just three minutes.

Danko Lazovic, however, grabbed the equaliser for Serbia four minutes before the break with Marko Pantelic (54) and Aleksandar Trisovic (72) completing the victory for the visitors.

AFP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Don't know if it's posted here but apparently during the TIM Cup, Pavel went to an Inter player and told him that the scudetto badge on his shirt is ours.

Pavel Nedved = LENGEND!!!

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
mark77 said:
Don't know if it's posted here but apparently during the TIM Cup, Pavel went to an Inter player and told him that the scudetto badge on his shirt is ours.

:lol:

If its true, now I love even more Pavel.

Where do you read/heard that..?

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
mark77 said:

If thats the case Pavel deserves a statue to be built in his honour.:pint:

FORZA NEDDY!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)