Paulo Dybala (298 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
No I didn't say he had a bad season, I said he's stagnated for 15 months. Was he one of our best players last season? Well he has to be because there's only 5-6 players at any one time who can realistically have a shout, and he is a forward scoring 20+ goals so he is on the list by default. But I remember the performances starting to decline from 2018, now and then you'd see a special performance. Now it's a case of seeing maybe a special bit of play in a game.

In terms of general play I thought Higuain had a criminally underrated 17-18 season, but he gets judged on goals. That's the irony I guess. Chiellini for me was also consistently better. But generally it's irrelevant to my point, because Juve's strength is the unit and we can have a squad at 7/10 and win the league with a huge points total.

Take this season, who would you say was our third best player? After Ronaldo and Chiellini you're scratching around to find someone who has genuinely played toward their best level. So being one of the best players in a Juve season is not as it might seem. That's because of the state of the domestic league.
Schezney, Bernadeschi showed serious flashes of growth and promise

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Not worthy of #10.

We need to retire that number. Every time we give it out, the player tanks/leaves/or both.

- - - Updated - - -

As much as I like Berna, and he has clearly grown from what was a nothing 17-18 for him, he sorely lacks any kind of consistent end product and holds the ball for far too long. It's just a shame Dybala does not have his athleticism.
If (keyword: "if") Bernie manages to improve that final decision making at the offensive side of the field, he will be a great player.

Such an athlete he is, but frustrating that it usually ends up amounting to nothing.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
As much as I like Berna, and he has clearly grown from what was a nothing 17-18 for him, he sorely lacks any kind of consistent end product and holds the ball for far too long. It's just a shame Dybala does not have his athleticism.
Need to combine Berna + Dybala to create the ultimate player... transplant Dybala’s frontal lobe into Berna’s head to improve his decision-making, and transplant his left foot. Then sell left over Dybala to Inter.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
I don't understand half of what your saying but this is still total bs.
No it's not. I have played since age 4. Calcio is a complete team sport. Once and assignment is blown and you as a player have to cover or compensate your position then gets blown and not only does your play suffer but your decision making. It's a chain reaction. That's why the team is so vital

Jun 6, 2015
No it's not. I have played since age 4. Calcio is a complete team sport. Once and assignment is blown and you as a player have to cover or compensate your position then gets blown and not only does your play suffer but your decision making. It's a chain reaction. That's why the team is so vital
This is not some low league football we are talking about here. Your experiences playing football in some junior/amateur league has nothing to do with actual professional football.

I have no clue how Berna compensating for someone would affect his decision-making around the sixteen yard box. Of course at times every single player will need to cover different spaces on the pitch, but that is completely normal and if Berna can't do that without it hampering his end product I would advice him to join your 5-a-side league.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
This is not some low league football we are talking about here. Your experiences playing football in some junior/amateur league has nothing to do with actual professional football.

I have no clue how Berna compensating for someone would affect his decision-making around the sixteen yard box. Of course at times every single player will need to cover different spaces on the pitch, but that is completely normal and if Berna can't do that without it hampering his end product I would advice him to join your 5-a-side league.
First off semi pro in NJ secondly the sport is the same at all levels. Only thing that changes is player ability. The fundamentals are always the same.

Jun 6, 2015
First off semi pro in NJ secondly the sport is the same at all levels. Only thing that changes is player ability. The fundamentals are always the same.
Yes the quality of the players, the quality of the coaches, the quality of the training, the quality of the facilities, the quality of the tactical knowhow and the quality of the games in general are completely different but otherwise they are same.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Yes the quality of the players, the quality of the coaches, the quality of the training, the quality of the facilities, the quality of the tactical knowhow and the quality of the games in general are completely different but otherwise they are same.
The fundamentals are always the same and there are many an amateur coach or player who never get the break and make it doesn't make them inferior

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 278)