• Poll closed .

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
lol Mario on the bench

don't be a fool. two things are certain at this point kylie

1.) Ronaldo starts as a winger
2.) Mario starts as a striker

The other attacker is up for grabs because Dybala should have his feelings hurt and spend some time on the bench and give Bernie/Costa/Cuads a go.

lol the idea of benching mario for dybala at striker

- - - Updated - - -

dybala needs to learn how to play in these formations where ever Max puts him or he sits.
Yeh, i think this is the best course of action.

Something is not well on his head. His seems unfocused or troubled i dont know. Maybe the pressure of having cr to his side and getting overshadowed is going to his head.

He needs some bench

Buy on AliExpress.com
Oct 23, 2011
I know most disagree, but i thought he had a good game yesterday. He has the ability (as a nr.9 that is) to come from high up the pitch, collect the ball in midfield, distribute play, and then get in the box (the same way Ronaldo does often). Dybala would benefit so much from a little bit more directness up front and that's why i don't think Dybala-Mandzukic-Ronaldo works. He would form an ideal trio with either Costa/Bernardeschi and Ronaldo. At this point however, Mandzukic is just unbenchable and we would have to see if sacrificing his goals for a perhaps more fluid play upfront is worth it.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
lol Mario on the bench

don't be a fool. two things are certain at this point kylie

1.) Ronaldo starts as a winger
2.) Mario starts as a striker

The other attacker is up for grabs because Dybala should have his feelings hurt and spend some time on the bench and give Bernie/Costa/Cuads a go.

lol the idea of benching mario for dybala at striker

- - - Updated - - -

dybala needs to learn how to play in these formations where ever Max puts him or he sits.
CR7-MM-DC is the best atm. True, Mandzo should start right now (he can't stop scoring) and also in the big CL games. But you guys forgot how unplayable DC is.

DC should be the second automatic pick after Ronaldo. Then, it's Mario or Dybala based on form and opponent.

Ronaldo-Mario-Dybala is prolly the worst combo of all the options. No natural winger with only Cancelo providing penetration on the flanks (Ronaldo sometimes), and Dybala starts out on right, waits for Cancelo to move up, then moves deep and to the middle. He isn't good at that role, and Dybala waiting for a number of passes and movement before moving to the middle is just awkward.

Also, harder to switch to and defend in the 442 shape with Ronaldo and Dybala on the wings. Sometimes, it's Dybala in the middle and Mandzo on right or left in attack. That's even less fluid in attack.

Last edited:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
We need to go back to 4-2-3-1 if we want to utilize his full skillset.
Unfortunately, we can't play 4231 with Pjanic and Ronaldo. It's strictly 433 with a bit of 352 for the foreseeable future.

Max already figured that out after seeing one half (first game of the season vs Chievo). Wonder how many years it would've taken for Mourinho.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
First game vs Chievo was one of our best games. We played extremely well and created so many chances, which we were unlucky/not sharp enough to convert and then Chievo got their fluke goal to make it a difficult game. Just as we have seen all games being difficult and close with Ronaldo - Dybala - Mandzukic. But check the first half against Chievo again and tell me if that wasn't some of our best play this season.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
First game vs Chievo was one of our best games. We played extremely well and created so many chances, which we were unlucky/not sharp enough to convert and then Chievo got their fluke goal to make it a difficult game. Just as we have seen all games being difficult and close with Ronaldo - Dybala - Mandzukic. But check the first half against Chievo again and tell me if that wasn't some of our best play this season.
It was very fluid football indeed. We would've been incredibly unlucky not to win that game.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
It was very fluid football indeed. We would've been incredibly unlucky not to win that game.
First half against Chievo was one of the worst halves we played this season. Up there with Genoa and Empoli games. Difference being, against Chievo, our defending was worse and attack was better (due to extra attacking player) but far from perfect. Ronaldo looked lost in the middle, and we had a gaping hole in midfield. Attack improved only when Mandzukic came on and Ronaldo was moved to LWF in second half.

The reason we've always played with three mids and Ronaldo has always started at LWF since then. Need for both was abundantly clear in one half.

With Ronaldo, we already saw that at Real - he's not as good when not playing off a CF - but EPL pundits and their followers conjured up a different imagery.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
I tend to agree lately with many of your posts, but about this game I completely disagree. We created chances that first half to be in front 4-0 and Chievo had 2 shots, where one of them was a perfect header they scored on, out of nowhere. Nothing negative was clear to see from thoae 45min, how could it. There are too many random variables in play in football to generally judge anything without a stretch of games to evaluate.

We have seen so many games now before Mario was out, that our attack was questionable, we didn't create chances and we complained that it was our midfield that was poor, Pjanic who needed rest and what not. Then we have a stretch of games with Mandzukic out and where Cuadrado either played RCM or RW and Costa involved as well, and we played much better football and won easily our games. Then the Man U fluke happens after Allegris Barzagli stroke, and Mandzukic is immediately back starting. Since then we haven't really had amazing fluid attacking play, more random episodes.

Anyway, the season is long and hopefully Allegri will end up making the right calls in the most important games.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I tend to agree lately with many of your posts, but about this game I completely disagree. We created chances that first half to be in front 4-0 and Chievo had 2 shots, where one of them was a perfect header they scored on, out of nowhere. Nothing negative was clear to see from thoae 45min, how could it. There are too many random variables in play in football to generally judge anything without a stretch of games to evaluate.
We conceded two goals against the worst team in the league. Do you think our team defense was good in that game or that the team was balanced? I say team defense because the gaping hole in midfield was the main culprit.

- - - Updated - - -

And you can't play Ronaldo as a LWF in a 4231 because that means he'd have to defend a lot more.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
First half was great and we had like 80% possession and 20 shots vs 1. Often we need to look more at the play and make adjustments based on that, and not the scoreline from a sample size of 0.5 game. Goals happen from creating chances and excellent/efficient play. Sometimes you score 3 goals from 2 chances, but mostly it is not the case. It was very very promising signs, in our first match of the season. But we probably won't agree.

And no, I wouldn't play Ronaldo as a winger, like we tend to do now, I would play him as our forward, either with Dybala or Mandzukic or lone, and then use Costa, Cuadrado, Cancelo, Berna on the wings. They are all excellent in their positions, no need to play players totally out of position, like Matuidi at LW, Mandzukic RW or LW too, Dybala in midfield etc.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
With the way the squad is currently constructed, Dybala just doesn’t fit into the best XI. He’s not good on the wing or as a CAM, and Ronaldo needs someone like Mandzukic next to him more than he needs someone like Dybala.

Would you sell Dybala to fund a top CM? I would.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
With the way the squad is currently constructed, Dybala just doesn’t fit into the best XI. He’s not good on the wing or as a CAM, and Ronaldo needs someone like Mandzukic next to him more than he needs someone like Dybala.

Would you sell Dybala to fund a top CM? I would.
No because there is absolutely no need to sell Paulo to get a CM. Dybala is a phenomenal player and we need to keep him at all costs. If we don't have a budget for a CM then there are plenty of players we would sell before Dybala. What is more, we have Emre, Bentancur and Pjanic who are young, very young or still young. We also have Matuidi and Khedira. People need to chill out with that CM obsession. We have an elite front line to win us games and midfield is there to feed and COVER them. Obviously when you have players like CR or Dybala they will put majority of their attention to attacking phase leaving us open without the ball. Nuff to see what Matuidi needs to be doing because of Ronaldo. Also, the space in the opponents area is limited so even if you field 10 attackers plus a goalie not all of them will be able to run into the penalty area.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 227)