Paulo Dybala (234 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Besides Paolo being off form, Dybala-Ronaldo-Mandzukic is also a bad set-up thats too unbalanced and pushes Dybala way too deep. Just rotate them Max and play Berna/Costa/Cuads as the third guy

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Unfortunately for Dybala...Bernideschi is basically unbenchable in his current form. He does too much when given time to ignore.

Also, unfortunately for Dybala , that Max's favorite player is Mario so there goes another spot to fight for...and then you have GOAT which won't be benched for Dybala either. All our attackers are firing on all cylinders except Dybala so how can it be justified to keep starting him when others are producing?

Not saying he had a bad game but didn't have a great game either...Bernie contributed immensely...hell, he was MoM in our poll so is it crazy to keep benching Dybala while he sorts himself out (again)?

Gabigol

Jul 6, 2018
Unfortunately for Dybala...Bernideschi is basically unbenchable in his current form. He does too much when given time to ignore.

Also, unfortunately for Dybala , that Max's favorite player is Mario so there goes another spot to fight for...and then you have GOAT which won't be benched for Dybala either. All our attackers are firing on all cylinders except Dybala so how can it be justified to keep starting him when others are producing?

Not saying he had a bad game but didn't have a great game either...Bernie contributed immensely...hell, he was MoM in our poll so is it crazy to keep benching Dybala while he sorts himself out (again)?
Besides, Dybala is ineffective playing wide. He has settle on the bench until Berna is either injured or out of form. No way Max is going to keep playing him with this poor level of form.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So, do we take what Max said yesterday about not being fit physically and that causes him to not be mentally 100%? Or do we take it as he is simply protecting his player from criticism?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
This guy just needs to focus on work. I don't get why we all should feel sorry for him because he plays bad. Every time it's not his fault but Allegri's, other players, setup, fatigue or something else.
Yep. Dude has been decidedly poor and out of form for about 8 months now. No one to blame but himself for that shit.

The hypocrisy from those making excuses for Dybala while lambasting other players in this team for being mediocre is quite amusing.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Yep. Dude has been decidedly poor and out of form for about 8 months now. No one to blame but himself for that shit.

The hypocrisy from those making excuses for Dybala while lambasting other players in this team for being mediocre is quite amusing.
:tdown:

He has to improve that is for sure. However turning against him is knee jerking

Last edited:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
This guy just needs to focus on work. I don't get why we all should feel sorry for him because he plays bad. Every time it's not his fault but Allegri's, other players, setup, fatigue or something else.
To be fair to him he is clearly playing a role that doesn't suit him and isn't getting a run of games. Being in/out of the team isn't helping him, but with Berna, Mandzukic and Ronaldo all on form it is hard to argue where he should play.

I think too much is being made of his performances. Last night was an extremely difficult game for an attacker to do something when Frosinone crowd the defence and central areas. Sassuolo he was fine, nothing more but hadn't played in weeks and just back from Argentina games, but there were worse than him. You can't just ignore perfectly valid reasons why he isn't in top form.

But I do agree that he just needs to get his head down, work hard and force his way into the team. Mandzukic managed when we moved to 4-2-3-1 and Berna has been doing it so far this season. Dybala has to do the same and make himself undroppable.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:tdown:

He has to improve that is for sure. However turning up against him is knee jerking
I'm not against him. I cheer for him every time he's on the pitch and love what he's done for us over the past 3 years. I'm mostly joking when I say we should sell him... though at some point if he doesn't get it together and Bernadeschi and Costa keep improving selling him and upgrading our mid becomes a much more realistic option.

I think part of what's so frustrating is that he's not even creating or getting chances. If his end product was just poor, but he was getting into the right spaces, taking shots, attempting through balls, etc, that would be one thing, but he's been next to invisible on the pitch to begin this season, aside from when he's displaying a poor first touch, or losing the ball sloppily.

Regardless, I believe he'll find form over the next couple months and be an integral part of the side again. Anything less is too disappointing to contemplate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 230)