Paulo Dybala (114 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Amazing reactions to this game. I guess no goals mean no rating. Just leaving the quote from gazzetta since the match itself and the reaction from the stadium aren't enough

"Dybala is in a psycho-physical state of excellence: defends the ball with a knife and opens up the play with a flourish. A left footed pass from him, sweet but deadly [...] totally throws off the attentive Valencia defense..."

Jan 22, 2016
We are misusing him unfortunately. He is a Guardiola type of center forward. He should be closer to the goal not in the middle of the pitch. It's like using Aguero in the middle and expect him to deliver week in and week out.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
It's funny to see how all these big mouthed apes from tuz, tries to explain what's going on. 'Dybala was shit, Pjanic was shit, no midfield etc. But Mandzukic tapped in again, so he is safe and our approach was spot on'. It doesn't strike them that there is something wrong playing with 3 strikers, 3 CMs and no wingers. And these strikers all playing in the same space or trying to play wingers. I said before the game that it is an awkward way to play. But that Ronaldo will bail us out either with a goal or complete set up for Mandzukic. Of course that will happen nomatter what, against these shitty teams. But people don't understand why everyone isn't scoring and why the play isn't as smooth.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Yeah but we can’t only play in that 5 meter area.

He is soooo limited
Well there is a bit of a crossroads coming because even when Dybala is playing at his peak, he is not linking with Ronaldo. And he couldn't link with Higuain either. Because he's not a playmaker.

And I know Juve and Ronaldo are still in the honeymoon phase and CR7 has been an exemplary teammate so far but there will come a time when the pass doesn't come or the pass misses by 2 metres and CR7 doesn't smile and give a thumbs up. And eventually the time will come when management or CR7 or both just think to themselves, well we have this objective truth that CR7 needs the ball and this guy can't really deliver it playing between the lines... so maybe we should just forget it and buy someone who can actually make plays since CR7 isn't getting younger.

It's just so hard to fit Dybala perfectly into a team. It's been like that with basically every team he's played on.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Well there is a bit of a crossroads coming because even when Dybala is playing at his peak, he is not linking with Ronaldo. And he couldn't link with Higuain either. Because he's not a playmaker.

And I know Juve and Ronaldo are still in the honeymoon phase and CR7 has been an exemplary teammate so far but there will come a time when the pass doesn't come or the pass misses by 2 metres and CR7 doesn't smile and give a thumbs up. And eventually the time will come when management or CR7 or both just think to themselves, well we have this objective truth that CR7 needs the ball and this guy can't really deliver it playing between the lines... so maybe we should just forget it and buy someone who can actually make plays since CR7 isn't getting younger.

It's just so hard to fit Dybala perfectly into a team. It's been like that with basically every team he's played on.
:tup:

I think Dybala would perform better as a 9 or a False 9 than he currently does, but even that isn't his ideal position imo. He'd perform better, and it would suit his particular talents better, but I think it would make us very one-dimensional.

He's looked best as a secondary/support striker, playing in a front 2, especially when looked at in the context of playing with the team instead of on his own. He works best when playing beside a target man type CF, who can hold the ball up, and lay it off to him around the box so he can work his magic, or little one twos with a CF like Mandzu (Dzeko would be another that suits this game). That and a mezzala like Pogba (or a creative CAM, think De Bruyne or another of that sort) playing in the mid behind to dictate play and create chances. 3-5-2 and 4-3-1-2 would suit him best imo, as it would take the creative burden and dictating of attacks off his shoulders. He just doesn't seem to have the vision for it, and isn't really developing it over the past couple years. And Ronaldo really isn't going to suit either of those formations playing as that target man beside Dybala. I'm sure he could do it, and it would be passable, but I doubt it would get the best out of Ronaldo.

People compare Dybala to Aguero, and say he should be played as a False 9, spearheading the attack. But even City most often played with Aguero paired with a CF like Dzeko in the past. Even now, with Pep, king of midget forwards, he's often played beside Gabriel Jesus.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
A lot of our problems with Dybala would be fixed if we just bought a proper attacking midfielder. We still haven’t replaced Pogba and he left us 2.5 years ago, someone who can connect midfield to attack.

As it stands right now, Dybala frequently drops deep and plays that role, which isn’t his best position. He has to drop deep though, because our midfield sure aren’t creating anything.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
:tup:

I think Dybala would perform better as a 9 or a False 9 than he currently does, but even that isn't his ideal position imo. He'd perform better, and it would suit his particular talents better, but I think it would make us very one-dimensional.

He's looked best as a secondary/support striker, playing in a front 2, especially when looked at in the context of playing with the team instead of on his own. He works best when playing beside a target man type CF, who can hold the ball up, and lay it off to him around the box so he can work his magic, or little one twos with a CF like Mandzu (Dzeko would be another that suits this game). That and a mezzala like Pogba (or a creative CAM, think De Bruyne or another of that sort) playing in the mid behind to dictate play and create chances. 3-5-2 and 4-3-1-2 would suit him best imo, as it would take the creative burden and dictating of attacks off his shoulders. He just doesn't seem to have the vision for it, and isn't really developing it over the past couple years. And Ronaldo really isn't going to suit either of those formations playing as that target man beside Dybala. I'm sure he could do it, and it would be passable, but I doubt it would get the best out of Ronaldo.

People compare Dybala to Aguero, and say he should be played as a False 9, spearheading the attack. But even City most often played with Aguero paired with a CF like Dzeko in the past. Even now, with Pep, king of midget forwards, he's often played beside Gabriel Jesus.
@zizinho, @DAiDEViL, @Bianconero_Aus, lol he wrote so much xD @pitbull

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
A lot of our problems with Dybala would be fixed if we just bought a proper attacking midfielder. We still haven’t replaced Pogba and he left us 2.5 years ago, someone who can connect midfield to attack.

As it stands right now, Dybala frequently drops deep and plays that role, which isn’t his best position. He has to drop deep though, because our midfield sure aren’t creating anything.
Christian Eriksen would be so fap-worthy.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
@Bianconero81 disliking my post just proves he should shut up if it isn’t about approving lady boys or searching your fat old dead dad in a western country.
:blah: :blah: :blah: It's ironic that you crawl out of your little hole every once in a while to trash Dybala. At least when Fr3sh does it, it's amusing because of his incredibly limited knowledge of the beautiful game. What's your excuse? Such a pathetic cretin. Do yourself a favor and log off indefinitely from Tuz, and preferably permanently from life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 90)