Paulo Dybala (67 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Man you guys are defensive or bit mofos when its completely unnecessary. Doesnt matter who does it nor did anyone mention other cases of it, it regardless doesnt make sense to give an assist for a goal when goalscorer then proceeds to make his own play with several touches/dribbles and scores. Know perfectly well they usually give an assist just by simply side way passing the scorer and he receives/turns and scores, but oughta be a limit to the silly stat keeping when scorer does as much as Pogba did to create his goal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Man you guys are defensive biased mofos. Doesnt matter who does it, it didnt make sense to give an assist for that goal when goalscorer then proceeds to make his own play with several touches/dribbles and scores. Know perfectly well they usually give an assist just by simply side way passing the scorer and he receives/turns and scores, but oughta be a limit to the silly stat keeping when scorer does as much as Pogba did to create his goal.
I expect you to call this out every time you see it when watching Messi as well. His assist stats are inflated just as much, if not more, by such assists. :p

As we said, who the fuck cares. Every single player in football gets the benefit of such assists. It's not like Dybala is the only player who has this benefit. So it doesn't at all artificially inflate his stat numbers in isolation, as it does the same for everyone who passes the ball.

And as B_Aus said. He was smart enough to pass the ball to Pogba in space, allowing him to run at the defense. It's not like Pogba was in our own half and dribbled a half-dozen players. He moved about 15 yards with the ball, all set up by Dybala giving him the ball in that space.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Damn, for all those complaints about Messi fanboys you sure guys manage to drag Messi in just about every football-related discussion :p

Don't think it was ever meant to imply Dybala's stats are in any inflated or misleading, or was any criticism of Dybala at all :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Meh I used to seriously enjoy discussing basic footie matters with you, but you just too petty and obbssessed with Messi this and that in every random topic that has not a fucking thing to do with him. Who the fuck cares about Messi or even Dybala in this case (but shocker, I notice it for Juve because I watch every single second of our games, compared to others), only highlighted a major flaw I disagree with in the stats itself to count it with goals like this (as is counting it as an assist when you get fouled for a pk). It has nothing to do with Dybala, but those who are counting the official stats. As in either lega officials, whoscored or whatever. Btw I didnt notice it being counted as official assist by the league, only checked the whoscored sight after B-A mentionned it. Assists are fairly easy to get, but in this it isnt at all.

If you cant get that basic point I meant, and still feel the need to go on about Messi randomly like a child, feel free to not reply to my posts in the future.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Damn, for all those complaints about Messi fanboys you sure guys manage to drag Messi in just about every football-related discussion :p

Don't think it was ever meant to imply Dybala's stats are in any inflated or misleading, or was any criticism of Dybala at all :D
It's wonderfully enjoyable to bring up Messi with his biggest fans. :D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Meh I used to seriously enjoy discussing basic footie matters with you, but you just too petty and obbssessed with Messi this and that in every random topic that has not a fucking thing to do with him. Who the fuck cares about Messi or even Dybala in this case (but shocker, I notice it for Juve because I watch every single second of our games, compared to others), only highlighted a major flaw I disagree with in the stats itself to count it with goals like this (as is counting it as an assist when you get fouled for a pk). It has nothing to do with Dybala, but those who are counting the official stats. As in either lega officials, whoscored or whatever. Btw I didnt notice it being counted as official assist by the league, only checked the whoscored sight after B-A mentionned it. Assists are fairly easy to get, but in this it isnt at all.

If you cant get that basic point I meant, and still feel the need to go on about Messi randomly like a child, feel free to not reply to my posts in the future.
I think only transfermarkt counts penalties won as assists, from what I recall.

ESPN, Whoscored, Squawka all count last pass before a goal. Most of the assist trackers count that.

Lega Serie A tracks something different, only Assists total, and completed. Kind of a random list. And doesn't really make sense. They have Dybala on 10 total and 4 completed. Compared to 8 last pass assists on other sites.

I do think rebound goals should be an assist for the shooter, just like in Ice Hockey. A very underrated contribution. For example, Tevez's shot, that Morata put in during CL final, and same deal with Messi's shot that Suarez put in the rebound. Those are assists in my books, 100%.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Man you guys are defensive or bit mofos when its completely unnecessary. Doesnt matter who does it nor did anyone mention other cases of it, it regardless doesnt make sense to give an assist for a goal when goalscorer then proceeds to make his own play with several touches/dribbles and scores. Know perfectly well they usually give an assist just by simply side way passing the scorer and he receives/turns and scores, but oughta be a limit to the silly stat keeping when scorer does as much as Pogba did to create his goal.
Whoever, from the goalscorer's team, touches the ball last before the goalscorer scores gets an assist. That's how the assists are counted.
And yes, in many cases it doesn't makes sense.

For example, Dybala gets an assist for that simple pass to Pogba today. But if he makes some amazing and incredible pass, and a Chievo player slightly touched the ball before it reached Pogba, it wasn't going to be counted as assist. It's unfair, but that's how it is.
Sometimes players get assist for something they never intended to do, or weren't even aware that they did it (case in point, Chiellini gets an assist for this at 1:24 He never really intended to pass to Zaza, but he was simply the last to touch the ball before Zaza scored and he got an assist).

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Sometimes players get assist for something they never intended to do, or weren't even aware that they did it (case in point, Chiellini gets an assist for this at 1:24 He never really intended to pass to Zaza, but he was simply the last to touch the ball before Zaza scored and he got an assist).
I'm gonna say it again - i don't even think the ball touched Chiellini. :D Watch it in slow motion, two defenders try to clear the ball and it bounces back.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Whoever, from the goalscorer's team, touches the ball last before the goalscorer scores gets an assist. That's how the assists are counted.
And yes, in many cases it doesn't makes sense.

For example, Dybala gets an assist for that simple pass to Pogba today. But if he makes some amazing and incredible pass, and a Chievo player slightly touched the ball before it reached Pogba, it wasn't going to be counted as assist. It's unfair, but that's how it is.
Yeah I know of the silly technicality of last touch being enough, tho that Chiellini case is funny :lol: But what I meant is what amount of touches/and own chance building is required until the previous last touch isnt valid as an assist anymore? Because Pogba dribbled a bit as said. Corious what their close off period is til its not an assist. For example, I gather we didnt get an assist for Zaza's goal vs Sevilla? Because he ran with the ball quite a bit then finished.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He will get this for every month from now on probably. Except whenever Pogba has his crazy month where he scores and assists in every game. It used to be January in previous seasons, but havent happend yet, despite his MOM performance just now.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yeah I know of the silly technicality of last touch being enough, tho that Chiellini case is funny :lol: But what I meant is what amount of touches/and own chance building is required until the previous last touch isnt valid as an assist anymore? Because Pogba dribbled a bit as said. Corious what their close off period is til its not an assist. For example, I gather we didnt get an assist for Zaza's goal vs Sevilla? Because he ran with the ball quite a bit then finished.
Actually, it doesn't matter. Buffon can pass the ball to Dybala in our own box, then Dybala can dribble everybody, get back to our box, then back again to dribble everyone one more time and score, and Buffon gets an assist.
As for Zaza's goal against Sevilla, Dybala didn't get an assist because he wasn't the last one who touched the ball before it reached Zaza. A Sevilla player touched it. For an assist to count, no opposition player should get a touch of the ball until it reaches the goalscorer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)