Paulo Dybala - ST - Palermo (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
So many people on this forum keep neglecting to accept player wages. Stop being so hung up on transfer fees, worry more about how much per year we are paying these players. You cannot compare mandzuik, Falcao, cavani, to Dybala. We are talking 3x per/yr wages. That will officially kill any chance of keeping Pogba and will create a small revolution with players like Vidal who will be paid half. On top of that all of those players will command more than 40m for the transfer fee.

Next people keep harping on "no European goals". Yeah, no kidding, he is 21 and plays for Palermo. How many 21 years olds really have European experience? If he failed in European competition, that's one thing, but he hasn't even had a chance which can't be held against him. You can't bring up the game against us, we have the second least amount of goals against in Europe... Hundreds of top flight players haven't scored against us with much better talent around them.

Bottom line, we all need to come Jesus with the fact that 30m is the new 20m. Like in every professional sport, player demand is only going up (look at NBA and MLB). If we keep looking for 20m "proven" players with under 5m/yr, we will not be moving forward as an organization. This kid looks to be a stud, has bean a league leader one assists (which to me is much more impressive than goals since it shows discipline and maturity) dominated Roma, Napoli, and inter single handedly, is cheap per/yr, and sets juventus up for the future with his age. These are things that we will not be able to get with many other players at this price.
:tup:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Roma, Juve, Napoli, Inter, Milan on Dybala'
By Football Italia staff

Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini claims “Roma, Napoli, Inter, Milan and Juventus” want Paulo Dybala.

The striker is hot property on the transfer market and has also been linked with a move abroad to Arsenal.

“For the moment he is worth €40m, but with a few more performances of the standard he’s had recently and even €50m might not be enough,” Zamparini told portaleuncuoreromanista.it.

“[Roma director Walter] Sabatini is very interested in the player. Naturally he has difficulties discussing the transfer strategy at this time, but I reminded him Roma have a very important bank behind them like Unicredit.

“So all they need to do is decide to get out the money and satisfy my requirements. Sabatini would pick him up tomorrow if he could, but he has to overcome these problems.

“He is the new Leo Messi. Napoli, Inter, Milan and Juventus are also tracking him as well as Roma obviously.

“Would I accept players as part of the transfer? Napoli are offering Jorginho, while Inter and Juve do not have players who interest us.

“Roma could propose Federico Viviano, who is currently on loan at Latina and could be useful.”
--------------------
- - - Updated - - -

The new Leo Messi. No pressure on the kid, right? :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Dybala has clearly said he wants to play in the Champions League. That leaves only Roma to give us competition. :howler:
I`m not that sure about that...

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Roma cant afford him leave them out, we are the only ones in italy who can. and by the way we are buying him
They lost against Inter which makes their spot in the CL in doubt
However between them and Napoli I rather see Roma finish 3rd
We will definitely win the league with Lazio probably come 2nd as for 3rd I really hope to see Samp making it as it would take Roma out for getting great players and Napoli wouldnt be much of a threat either
Lazio wont be able to get anyone significant regardless of their position and Sampdoria definitely wont even try for Dybala cause linking them togehter is a joke
Which will leave Dybala`s wish against Zamperini

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
The only competition we have is teams like Atletico (loves Argentinians and likes young players), PSG (goes for hype), Arsenal (Arsene's youth fetish), Chelsea, Man City.

I mean, if one of these clubs comes calling with a 35M offer (30M to the brits pounds) it's done. So... I wouldn't worry with Italian competition one bit. The problem is the oil clubs and other foreigners.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I`m not that sure about that...
He could go to any of the top clubs in spain or epl, why would he settle for the next 3-4 years at a club like Milan or Inter? Roma? Come on, this league is a joke a the moment. If I was a talent going for 40+m I'd either be going to Juventus or abroad.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
actually the ones we sould worry about are teams like hull, lyon, stoke and the like. why?

because this guy has scored 13 goals only. not even close to being this great striker that we will lose sleep over if we don't get him. and that's the reason we wont go out of our way to pay anything above 20m for him

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Roma cant afford him leave them out, we are the only ones in italy who can. and by the way we are buying him
Napoli could compete if they sell Higuain, which doesn't seem all that unlikely.

Dybala probably would prefer us (though you never know & he'd be a guaranteed starter at Napoli), but if they bid higher than what we're prepared to pay....

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Napoli could compete if they sell Higuain, which doesn't seem all that unlikely.

Dybala probably would prefer us (though you never know & he'd be a guaranteed starter at Napoli), but if they bid higher than what we're prepared to pay....
If we buy him for 25+ mils, i dont think he should worry about not being a starter. We are not that dumb to buy a 25 mil player and keep him on the bench or rotate him.....

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
If we can't get him it means someone payed 30M for him. I'm OK with that.

Plan B should be Berardi, whose half we should be able to buy for 8M. We'd save some good money to invest in fullbacks or in a real AMC, and we'd still have a very promising young SS in Berardi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)