Paul Pogba - CM - Manchester United (97 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I honestly agree with that, we trully need 4equally good men for 3 spots and a couple of decent back ups.
But Z, you have been here all along, are you asking me to believe that's its a coincidence again ?
You ve got to remember that the same excuses have been used before.
And how about the back three, they are also three, why don't they get any back up of that caliber, yet another coincidence?
Or will they get it?
And then we will be able to afford a lwb and a top class finisher as well?
Hats off to Marotta if he does that, but when de he ever achieved his target.
Remember last summer we knew that are in a need for at least one quality CB, he searched until the very last day, we were linked with many, but we have bought noone...

Man I hope you are right, we have seen this tragedy unfolding before our eyes again, for four consecutive seasons, it will be the ultimate trolling for Marotta to have same opening again and end buying what we need this time.

We will remember and lough with it.
But you can understand where I m coming from, its 7 years experiencing the very same tragedy, sell off or release the previous crop and buy a new one... Am I not right to worry about it?

You're not to right to worry in the present situation and I also dont think its a coincidence, it is neccessity.

We've been trying to fix the CM position before but we had incompetent management (SEcco) and no appeal to players so we got it wrong. Its the most important part of the team (as we saw in our case this year) so there is nothing wrong in doing it over if you want to get it right. And this season we have got it very right (Vidal for 10 mil € was a masterpeice).

We found two tactics which suit our players and which work well for us, and both of them requiere three great midfielders. It is smart (competent even) to try to ensure we have enough quality and future prospects there. Asamoah (if he comes) is neccessary to provide rotation options as we'll have a lot of games. Veratti is neccessary so that we can keep a similar playing style for years to come, even after Andrea gets too old. That would provide some continuity to our team, instead of changing tactics every season. So even that is smart, and tbh the midfield positions are more important than a left back. If yoou had to choose between Vidal and a left back last season, who would you choose? And which woould be more useful for us?

Having said that, we will probably get a new left back/centre back as well as a new striker. everything points to it. It seems that we will have a decent budget and that with player sales we will be able to afford a new CM, RW (Isla probably), a good/great striker and a CB/LB. So really, there is no need to complain yet as the transfer window hasnt even opened yet.

---------- Post added 12.06.2012 at 09:43 ----------

we haven't officially sold krasic, elia, melo and padoin yet; and I'm not really know have we sold pazienza?

we already have appelt, buoy as hot prospect CMFs and we still have marrone; on paper we still own 8 or 9 CMFs

now we want to buy veratti, pogba and asamoah but marotta surprised us with isla as well... that will make us have 12-13 CMFs!

add the fact that pepe and giacch can play in the middle too and we have 14-15 players that can cover CMFs!!!

even if we sell padoin and melo (and pazienza if he still haven't been sold yet), we will still have 12-13 CMFs

compare that to our backline as well as LB/LWB as well as goalscorer and it will become obvious...

still cannot understand?

hope marotta do something about it

By that logic we have 25 CMs, because even Buffon could play there!

Appelt and Buoy are primavera players. Prospects yes, but a few years from making it into the first team. Pazienza and Melo will be sold, perhaps Padoin as well. Maronne might go on loan, Isla will be used on the right, veratti will stay at Pescara for another season... so that leaves us with at most 6 central midfielders, of which 2 are very young and inexpereinced.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Appelt and Buoy are primavera players. Prospects yes, but a few years from making it into the first team. Pazienza and Melo will be sold, perhaps Padoin as well. Maronne might go on loan, Isla will be used on the right, veratti will stay at Pescara for another season... so that leaves us with at most 6 central midfielders, of which 2 are very young and inexpereinced.
Well put. This is our midfield situation.

I also sometimes shake my head at those who think that primavera players can be called upon for first team duties 'just like that'. The gap between primavera and Serie-A is huge. Marrone has been able to step up when called upon, but that's just a testament to how good a player he is. He is not the "norm". The norm is that you're a kid, you have promise, you play in the primavera, and then you go play in Serie-B or C. This Appelt kid, and even Buoy, no matter how "promising" they are, may actually never break into the first team. Being a promising youth player and being able to play in Serie-A are two entirely different things.

memo

Nov 18, 2005

I also sometimes shake my head at those who think that primavera players can be called upon for first team duties 'just like that'. The gap between primavera and Serie-A is huge. Marrone has been able to step up when called upon, but that's just a testament to how good a player he is. He is not the "norm". The norm is that you're a kid, you have promise, you play in the primavera, and then you go play in Serie-B or C. This Appelt kid, and even Buoy, no matter how "promising" they are, may actually never break into the first team. Being a promising youth player and being able to play in Serie-A are two entirely different things.
somebody told me the same about marchisio and giovinco....the only big diference is if the club (juventus) wants to invest time and money in the kids....
i have the feeling that they will do it with appelt and probably pogba
not sure about the others....
anyway.... is a big chance to fail ...allways

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010

lol, the reality is that it is really 'just like that'; what would've happened if juve didn't called del piero to the 1st team 'just like that' when juve at that time had the world best player? I think this is the wrong mentality that most big italian teams have today, they simply can't trust young and no name players 'just because it's not just like that'.

del piero case was the perfect example IMO, no matter how much potential del piero had, did any of you really believe at that time that he could replace THE WORLD BEST PLAYER at that time 'just like that' ??? think about it carefully, would any of you here today simply replace messi with someone that have potential but no recognition whatsoever? we aren't talking about replacing messi with neymar here, we're talking about replacing messi with no name guy (although indeed clearly talented) from smaller spanish club (to make a comparison with del piero's case)

but in the end, with del piero it happened 'just like that' wasn't it?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
lol, the reality is that it is really 'just like that'; what would've happened if juve didn't called del piero to the 1st team 'just like that' when juve at that time had the world best player? I think this is the wrong mentality that most big italian teams have today, they simply can't trust young and no name players 'just because it's not just like that'.
Del Piero was called up because he was more than just "promising". He had what it takes to cut it in the Serie-A (and then some). I'm not saying we should stand in the way of that. I'm only saying that a bunch of these kids with "talent", "ambition", who are "promising", and yada yada yada, don't necessarily have what it takes to make the step up. Del Piero had what it takes, Marchisio had what it takes, Marrone seems to have it, and there will be others. But the truth is that the majority of these kids DON'T have it. All I'm saying is that one shouldn't expect all of these promising players to cut through.

The reason I made that post was that I've read some comments here earlier: "But we have Appelt!" etc. Yeah, so what, we have Appelt.... who is not ready.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Marrone seems to have it
isn't that the goddamn truth? "seems", you can't simply guaranteed it, right? that's the reality isn't it? what's the point of buying/co owning many young players if in the end we just 'screw it, let's buy more mature backups/more quality CMFs'?

remember, these are not CMFs from our academy... they are bought here (I'm mainly talking about appelt, buoy, pogba here, and perhaps verratti soon)

and then add cronios' points there, on some points he was and still is right : we have so many CMFs come and go last few years but we did little to CB, LB and prima punta; and surprise surprise! our first new players will be 2-3 more CMFs... :sergio:

RVP and LB/CB first please, why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 93)