Paul Pogba - CM - Manchester United (67 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Since the days we were adding Tiagos and Almirons, more or less the same excuses were used.
Every single time slightly changed to become a bit more credible.
I thought then when we finally win the madness will end.
But unfortunately it is not the case.
We were still looking for a better Lb, a better cb and a better cf, when we were buying Memo for 25 mil and then Sissoko for 15.
Every year we were first buying cm with empty hope that we will focus on lb, cb and cf some time later.

But guess what, they never joined us and in every transfer window it was proved that the biggest amount of our transfer budget was spend on the cms, then an opportunity Target SS, who is unable to replace treze as our main scorer...

And after the bulk of the budget and time is spend on cms and SSs, we only buy cheap free fillers.
Imagine now, we had a winning formula, already decent depth on maronne and melo, just one of pogba veratti and a verbal agreament with the other would be enough and yet here we are again, a 30mil investment for subs, still playing with grosso, dc and a loaned CF
TBH it's not 30mil € for backups, its 30 mil € for "half-starters." Midfield is the heart of our team and we need at least 4 quality players there to rotate and none of them will be considered really a bench player. Melo is not coming back (luckily) and maronne is not that player. A really good player is really necessary there.

The same is true for a RWB/RW. If we play 3-5-2 the wingbacks are crucial, otherwise we have no width. You're wrong on this one Cron.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
TBH it's not 30mil € for backups, its 30 mil € for "half-starters." Midfield is the heart of our team and we need at least 4 quality players there to rotate and none of them will be considered really a bench player. Melo is not coming back (luckily) and maronne is not that player. A really good player is really necessary there.

The same is true for a RWB/RW. If we play 3-5-2 the wingbacks are crucial, otherwise we have no width. You're wrong on this one Cron.
I honestly agree with that, we trully need 4equally good men for 3 spots and a couple of decent back ups.
But Z, you have been here all along, are you asking me to believe that's its a coincidence again ?
You ve got to remember that the same excuses have been used before.
And how about the back three, they are also three, why don't they get any back up of that caliber, yet another coincidence?
Or will they get it?
And then we will be able to afford a lwb and a top class finisher as well?
Hats off to Marotta if he does that, but when de he ever achieved his target.
Remember last summer we knew that are in a need for at least one quality CB, he searched until the very last day, we were linked with many, but we have bought noone...

Man I hope you are right, we have seen this tragedy unfolding before our eyes again, for four consecutive seasons, it will be the ultimate trolling for Marotta to have same opening again and end buying what we need this time.

We will remember and lough with it.
But you can understand where I m coming from, its 7 years experiencing the very same tragedy, sell off or release the previous crop and buy a new one... Am I not right to worry about it?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Since the days we were adding Tiagos and Almirons, more or less the same excuses were used.
Every single time slightly changed to become a bit more credible.
I thought then when we finally win the madness will end.
But unfortunately it is not the case.
We were still looking for a better Lb, a better cb and a better cf, when we were buying Memo for 25 mil and then Sissoko for 15.
Every year we were first buying cm with empty hope that we will focus on lb, cb and cf some time later.

But guess what, they never joined us and in every transfer window it was proved that the biggest amount of our transfer budget was spend on the cms, then an opportunity Target SS, who is unable to replace treze as our main scorer...

And after the bulk of the budget and time is spend on cms and SSs, we only buy cheap free fillers.
Imagine now, we had a winning formula, already decent depth on maronne and melo, just one of pogba veratti and a verbal agreament with the other would be enough and yet here we are again, a 30mil investment for subs, still playing with grosso, dc and a loaned CF
It's easier to read your posts when drunk, which I just so happen to be.

Vidal>Melo + sissoko
Pirlo>aquilani
Marchisio>tiago
Marrone/Verratti/pogba>almiron and any other CMs u will use to try and strengthen the straws you are clutching onto

Our transfer strategy now is better than the secco era so the sooner you come to terms with that the better.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
you missed cronios' point, it is that we still overloading CMFs while still not getting quality backup LB, CB and goalscorer.
Wait, selling melo, Paz, krasic, Elia, aqui, cantpasssissoko and maybe padoin and we are overloading our CMs?

Please, napolean dynamite, how is it to be ueberloading our midfield when we have only 4 capable CMs? We haven't signed anyone yet ffs.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
we haven't officially sold krasic, elia, melo and padoin yet; and I'm not really know have we sold pazienza?

we already have appelt, buoy as hot prospect CMFs and we still have marrone; on paper we still own 8 or 9 CMFs

now we want to buy veratti, pogba and asamoah but marotta surprised us with isla as well... that will make us have 12-13 CMFs!

add the fact that pepe and giacch can play in the middle too and we have 14-15 players that can cover CMFs!!!

even if we sell padoin and melo (and pazienza if he still haven't been sold yet), we will still have 12-13 CMFs

compare that to our backline as well as LB/LWB as well as goalscorer and it will become obvious...

still cannot understand?

hope marotta do something about it

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Hmmm... not sure, I think it was another one. Like when something that hasn't happened is gonna happen in the very near future. Or the feeling that it will.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Main Entry: assured
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: absolutely certain
Synonyms: beyond doubt, cinched, clear-cut, clinched, confirmed, decided, definite , dependable, ensured, fixed, guaranteed, in the bag, indubitable, insured, irrefutable, made certain, nailed down, on ice, pronounced, racked, sealed, secure, set, settled, sewed up, sure, surefire, undoubted, unquestionable
??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)