Paul Pogba - CM - Manchester United (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I just dont see how all this new players will find space in this juve.

Maybe just marrone.... the rest will be loaned into oblivion, pogba included.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
:tup: I've only seen the youtube clips of him scoring for the reserves, some nice goals mind you.
The only first team football I saw him play was against Stoke City and he was pretty impressive but he also played two other EPL senior games and a Europa League match. Even though those goals you saw him score are just isolated incidents how can you deny that his skill, his physicality and his eye for goal aren't at least signs of his potential (remembering he's only 18)? Some of the goals he's scored are amazing in terms of technique and dribbling and in general play when I saw him against Stoke his passing was very smart and he was quite physical for a teenager.

I'm pretty excited to get him but I'd prefer a player like Verratti if Marotta has to choose between them. More than anything, we need a Pirlo understudy. We've lacked that kind of player for almost a decade up till now.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Pogba's appearances for Manchester United have been few and far between sice he has been based at Old Trafford,

Personally, I have only witnessed two of these in the last 12 months. both being substitute roles. The last of these was when Man Utd played West Bromwich Albion. He was brought on around the 70' mark and looked OK when he took on defenders. There was no pressure on him as the game was in the bag.

Speaking to Manchester based Man Utd fan this morning who is a season ticket holder of 30 years or so, he stated that Pogba missed out on making more appearances because of the loss in midfield of Tom Cleverley, Darren Fletcher and others through their injuries and Ferguson wanted to replace them with more experienced players to maintain their attempt to retain the Premiership Champions status when City had a 10 point lead.

The guy I spoke to believes that he looks to have potential, but he too has seen so little of him that he doesn't know how good he will turn out to be.

Clearly Juve spies/scouts have some kind of dossier on him and it is in these people that we have to place our trust.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The only first team football I saw him play was against Stoke City and he was pretty impressive but he also played two other EPL senior games and a Europa League match. Even though those goals you saw him score are just isolated incidents how can you deny that his skill, his physicality and his eye for goal aren't at least signs of his potential (remembering he's only 18)? Some of the goals he's scored are amazing in terms of technique and dribbling and in general play when I saw him against Stoke his passing was very smart and he was quite physical for a teenager.

I'm pretty excited to get him but I'd prefer a player like Verratti if Marotta has to choose between them. More than anything, we need a Pirlo understudy. We've lacked that kind of player for almost a decade up till now.
True about the Pirlo understudy part. But I think it would be a good bit of business to get Pogba as well. The guy's strength and passing reminds me a bit of Vieira, I think the guy could be a powerful force in our Midfield in a few years, something I don't think we should pass up.

Imagine a Vieira type player playing here, only younger developing into his prime in our jersey. :touched:

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
“I don’t know which way it will go between United and Juventus,” agent Mino Raiola is quoted as saying in The Times.

“It could be United. I think Paul is positive about Sir Alex Ferguson. The boy has a difficult situation to make. I will know next week.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)