Pau Torres - CB - Villarreal (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

My God the passing...

Imagine him, Leo, Loca, Pogba and Di Maria sending Dušan and Chiesa/Zaniolo through on goal. :green:
And we'll need it because a defense of Leo-Pau is weak as hell, needs to sit as down as possible and get cover for our MF which I highly doubt can do it effectively so you would have to score a lot to win any game

Which, BTW, as we all know is one of the main characteristic of Max teams lol

PS even if all that elements are tuned in, the way Ref are against us, those long balls would have to be into the space and not the players cuz every shitty italian teams are just pushing down our attackers all the time.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
The times I have seen him play he has reminded me of Rugani too. I think his posture is very similar and he seemed quite passive when I saw him. Not ideal if he is going to play alongside Bonucci

He's clearly a better player than Rugani but I'm still not convinced on him. There is also the added risk of he has only ever played for one club, which he supports. There is definite potential to flop. Unfortunately all the CBs we seem to be interested in seem high risk.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
The times I have seen him play he has reminded me of Rugani too. I think his posture is very similar and he seemed quite passive when I saw him. Not ideal if he is going to play alongside Bonucci

He's clearly a better player than Rugani but I'm still not convinced on him. There is also the added risk of he has only ever played for one club, which he supports. There is definite potential to flop. Unfortunately all the CBs we seem to be interested in seem high risk.
Yeah it will be total mismatch the only thing good about Torres is his passing range rest it is another soft defender.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Bring him in. The best of the names were linked with. Don’t want Bremer who seems to be a 3ATb CB who has his heart set on inter anyway.

Stay away from the disaster Milenkovic and the ASSNA CB Gabriel.
Actually, in a perfect case scenario we're bringing in both. Gatti is an unknown, Bonucci is finished. Pau Torres - Bremer would make a perfect CB pair IMO, they would be a complete package. Bremer comes for 40m, Pau for 45m and that's how we upgrade/fix the defense post Chiellini & MDL.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Guys comparing him to Rugani. This guy has played all the way to the cl semifinalplaying vs Juve, Bayern and LFC and doing very good. He also won Europe League with Villareal and was included in the team of tournament.
Even if he is similar to Rugani in style or body appearances, he is everything Rugani wanted to be, not what he became.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Actually, in a perfect case scenario we're bringing in both. Gatti is an unknown, Bonucci is finished. Pau Torres - Bremer would make a perfect CB pair IMO, they would be a complete package. Bremer comes for 40m, Pau for 45m and that's how we upgrade/fix the defense post Chiellini & MDL.
It would be awesome to sign the two of them but I just don’t see it happening when we have decrepit Captain Asstackle still in the squad. No way we spend the whole €80m on two CBs. The money will go to Bremer, Zaniolo and whatever spare change we have for another utility okayed imo. And then mercato chiuso.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
To us he might be, not to the club. And if he would be, loan him out ffs.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Should i lie and say I’ve watched him ?!

And let’s be honest, we don’t watch most of our targets but we give out opinions .

I was sure for Rudiger and Koulibaly, but I won’t download Villareal’s matches soni can give an opinion here , I watch only highlights and he didn’t look anything special there , that doesn’t mean I’m right or anything .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Should i lie and say I’ve watched him ?!

And let’s be honest, we don’t watch most of our targets but we give out opinions .

I was sure for Rudiger and Koulibaly, but I won’t download Villareal’s matches soni can give an opinion here , I watch only highlights and he didn’t look anything special there , that doesn’t mean I’m right or anything .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
200.gif

bluey-relax.gif

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Hope we get him too but if we "cant afford him" at least get Milenkovic. Im not that comfortable with Bremer Bonucci vs the world
Rugani cant fight for a place as he is clearly not good enough
Gatti is too unknown when talking about a high level (played in Serie B)
P.T would be great but if we cant get him at least Milenkovic can fight with Bonucci for a spot

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
How is at least a semi starter for the Spanish NT getting compared to Rugani? Have some respect ding dongs
If you are relating to my post - There is no comparison here. Rugani is average at best and cant compete for a starting lineup while P.T would walk straight in.
The question is about money as I thought we could get more for MDL and get Bremer for less.
If we dont have the money Milenkovic would be a good choice BUT if we can do it - P.T all the way.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
If you are relating to my post - There is no comparison here. Rugani is average at best and cant compete for a starting lineup while P.T would walk straight in.
The question is about money as I thought we could get more for MDL and get Bremer for less.
If we dont have the money Milenkovic would be a good choice BUT if we can do it - P.T all the way.
we sure they’re even gonna sign another CB? Bremer replaced De Ligt and Gatti replaced Chiellini. I get that there’s not a lot of trust in Gatti but it seems those that are actually around the club seem to think he’s gonna be a good one. And chiellini was constantly injured in recent years anyway and was a part time player.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
You are being too optimistic expecting another centre back. Experience tells us the starting pair will be Bonucci, Bremer. Gatti, Rugani back ups. Success will be dependent on Bonucci’s fitness, how Gatti adapts and keeping Rugani’s minutes to the absolute bare minimum.

Fun fact for those old enough. Not sure if it’s been mentioned already but Bremer is named after Andy Brehme. Played for Merda for about 4-5 years.

Delighted at the new managements ability to keep transfer rumours under wrap and being able to deliver a 2nd player of quality that as fans we believed we’d have no chance getting.
Next step for them is to really start forward planning and locking in deals in advance. Marotta managed to keep Bremer and Dybala warm and waiting despite them having no money and relying on sales first.
He had Dumfries and Dzeko planned and agreed in principle before offloading Hakimi and Lukaku last year.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
You are being too optimistic expecting another centre back. Experience tells us the starting pair will be Bonucci, Bremer. Gatti, Rugani back ups. Success will be dependent on Bonucci’s fitness, how Gatti adapts and keeping Rugani’s minutes to the absolute bare minimum.

Fun fact for those old enough. Not sure if it’s been mentioned already but Bremer is named after Andy Brehme. Played for Merda for about 4-5 years.

Delighted at the new managements ability to keep transfer rumours under wrap and being able to deliver a 2nd player of quality that as fans we believed we’d have no chance getting.
Next step for them is to really start forward planning and locking in deals in advance. Marotta managed to keep Bremer and Dybala warm and waiting despite them having no money and relying on sales first.
He had Dumfries and Dzeko planned and agreed in principle before offloading Hakimi and Lukaku last year.
Exactly and those guys are awful but I guess bad forward planning is still planning.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
we sure they’re even gonna sign another CB? Bremer replaced De Ligt and Gatti replaced Chiellini. I get that there’s not a lot of trust in Gatti but it seems those that are actually around the club seem to think he’s gonna be a good one. And chiellini was constantly injured in recent years anyway and was a part time player.
Its definitely not a sure thing but we do need a better partnership than last season and I dont think we have it now.
If we get another CB it would be a different story.
Gatti - He could become a beast or could flop - Its too hard to know how a Serie B player would adapt to top quality competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)