patrick viera..what the heck are you DOING? (2 Viewers)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
he has been seriously horrible off late.and yes,people will argue that he has a good start to the season,but he has been pretty horrible ever since.last night was a prime example of that.he runs around clumsliy on the pitch and does not seem to have any idea about what he's doing.

ppl were raving about emerson and viera would develop into the best central midfield in europe,but the latter has been pathetic.

from the look of things,moggi wasted a shit load of money on him last summer.
he has not found his feet in turin.and i wouldnt be sad to see the back of him come next summer.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3
    yea man.

i heard something about juve being in for pizzaro again.
    i say sell viera and get pizzaro.
    id be more than happy to see the back of this 30 year old who simply hasnt performed at the level everyone though he would.and he deserves more stick than zlatan for that because he's much more experienced than zlatan.

sell him

Jul 12, 2002
    axlrose85 said:
    yea man.

i heard something about juve being in for pizzaro again.
    i say sell viera and get pizzaro.
    id be more than happy to see the back of this 30 year old who simply hasnt performed at the level everyone though he would.and he deserves more stick than zlatan for that because he's much more experienced than zlatan.

sell him
    Your football analysis is matched only by your nickname preference...:howler:

Viera is a world class player, and we spent a lot of money on him, that we'd not recoup if we sold him. Furthermore, he's coming from the EPL to Serie A, not an easy transition to make. He's doing better than most in that position, and he's still the best option open to us, far better than Pizarro.

Pizarro has skills, and would probably adapt to Juve rather quickly, but he's still a class or two below Viera. Give him some time to settle and you will see his ability. To sell any player one year after buying him is foolish, much less one of the best palyers in the world. Sorry, but it's just immature and reckless to call for Viera's sale at this point...

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Salman I agree with you that he is not even 60% of his worth right now, but I will agree with Ian here, He needs more time to have his form. But If you ask me if the transfering him was a good Idea? IMO It would be much better to have younger midfielder than him or Emerson. The Over aged midfield is worrying me, the youngest midfielder is 28/29 Camoranesi, this situation sux!

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    Whats with the people that want to sell players after the first season in the club?? I dont get it.

I know that is frustrating to watch Vieira at the moment, but the guy comes from EPL, it would have been amazing to expect that he adapt Serie A in his first season.

Like Ian said, Vieira its a World Class player, we all know what he can bring to this team, and he just needs time to adapt, I8 can asure you that next season he will be a massive force in our team.

Another thing that you should take in consideration is that Vieira is not used to play in the position that he is been play, when he was at Arsenal he wasnt that offensive, he was more in the role of Emerson at the moment, so he is in a new League, new team, new country and besides new position, lets give him a break ok.

Put a playmaker next or nfront of him, let him do the defensive work and then you will see the old Vieira.

Apr 12, 2004
    I said this to Andy when he was talking him up. I told him that he would have a good half season, then he would suck because the players in Italy are stronger than in England, and also he was WAY TOO OLD to be sold for 20 M Euros. I would not have payed a penny over say 7 or 10.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
    I am afraid that he might be one expensive flop. When you buy a player with that age and that amount of money you expect them to deliver on their first season because it is obvious that they won't stay for long. Unlike for an example Zlatan who is still young and has more time to spare.

Apr 12, 2004
    ZAF3000 said:
    I am afraid that he might be one expensive flop. When you buy a player with that age and that amount of money you expect them to deliver on their first season because it is obvious that they won't stay for long. Unlike for an example Zlatan who is still young and has more time to spare.

Exactly. He is an experienced, veteran professional and should show it.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Espectro said:
    ... Another thing that you should take in consideration is that Vieira is not used to play in the position that he is been play, when he was at Arsenal he wasnt that offensive, he was more in the role of Emerson at the moment...
    Not true. He played like that with Gilberto Silva for the last season or two at Arsenal. It didn't bother him then.

He's had a temporary loss of form. It's not a flogging offense. Give it a break - you lot are wound up far too tight. Any player not seen as being a machine every week is on his way out or should be sold. Next month, you'll probably all be in here praising Vieira's amazing form after he wins a couple of games all but singlehandedly. It happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)