Patrice Evra (7 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Some of you people are ridiculously bitter about a guy who cost us virtually nothing and played more great games than bad games.

Look, I'm not a big fan of Evra. Throughout his career he has been a bit of a cunt (though I think his I love this game bs was hilarious) and he had an entire career at Utd after all. But for an aging fullback who had already won everything before he joined us, he gave what we could have expected and then some. Not to mention the fact that he's a winner and you simply need guys with the right mentality too.

Why this hate?

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Some of you people are ridiculously bitter about a guy who cost us virtually nothing and played more great games than bad games.

Look, I'm not a big fan of Evra. Throughout his career he has been a bit of a cunt (though I think his I love this game bs was hilarious) and he had an entire career at Utd after all. But for an aging fullback who had already won everything before he joined us, he gave what we could have expected and then some. Not to mention the fact that he's a winner and you simply need guys with the right mentality too.

Why this hate?
Actually he has no international titles. :seven:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

Why this hate?
I really don't know.

Manchester or not, cunt or not, he was always a great LB (during his price he was the best left back around). Of course he's not at that level at the moment but he's still a very useful player.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The pro about evra, is that like someone said... he was the first proper lb we had in a long time.

Sadly we got him at the end of his career. But is at least a start. We need to find more sandros, players good enought to play bfor us for many years. Not only has beens or old dudes.

Evra did his work here, but sadly we got him way too old

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
So in the end Evra goes, Asa is moved to LB as a backup and Rincon is somewhat Asa's replacement. So much for Allegri asking for two mids :lol:

BTW. Asa was very good yesterday. With time he kept getting better :tup:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
whats the point in letting him go midseason? It's not like we will get any money for a 35 yo, even if he sucks overall he's experienced and decent defensively might as well keep him to his contract expires as a backup option since we won't be signing anyone better in january

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It's to avoid the damage he would have done to us in CL KO games
That seems like poor reasoning. Just play Sandro and Asamoah ahead of him and keep as emergency option.

I've never understood the people who say we should get rid of mediocre experienced option as cover and give chance to random youth player whose career will max out when they play one season in Serie B.

if we're getting new LB in January then i'm all for it

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
That seems like poor reasoning. Just play Sandro and Asamoah ahead of him and keep as emergency option.

I've never understood the people who say we should get rid of mediocre experienced option as cover and give chance to random youth player whose career will max out when they play one season in Serie B.

Talking seriously, I doubt we were the ones pushing for the transfer. And you know we are shit at saying no. Ofc it would be the better option to keep him till summer.

Fantôme

Jul 25, 2015

Totally agree with that. But we should give more chances to younger players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)