Patrice Evra (9 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
That is great :D

I know it has been obvious since he first joined the club, but Evra's role in the dressing room this season was even greater this season (especially given the difficult start), and some of these videos help show that. I really love the core of players this club has been built around since 2011, and the way management just continues to add to them with players like Patrice and Mandzukic who are both hugely successful winners already and slot into the way Juve operate perfectly. Really important player to have around now the squad has relatively more youngsters, he seems to be a good role model for the young French midfielders as well. I'm delighted he's getting a contract extension.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I want him to stay, but only if Allegri makes him a benchwarmer, for good. Should only play in Coppa or when Sando is unavailable.

If he keeps starting important games, it's a mistake.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
And Evra looks set to stay in Turin until at least 2018 after announcing an agreement over a contract extension.
"Yes, I gave my consent to the club, I'll stay for another two years," he said after the Coppa Italia final win over AC Milan, as quoted by La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Evra has made 35 appearances in all competitions this season, scoring twice.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Actually I don't really like this.

Evra's performance this year were average to plain poor.

I understand he's an important guy to have in the squad because of experience, but honestly, performance comes first, always.

He's a disaster in the 352, OK in 442. But he gives us limitations. Any 352 with him is bad. And knowing how conservative and stubborn Italian coaches are (and Italian people in general), even though Allegri is the closest you can call to a "modern" open minded with good common sense Italian coach, he could keep preferring Evra to Sandro, which is appalling and absurd.

We probably just don't want to spend at the position for a backup to Sandro, and there aren't many options. But I don't see Evra as a good player anymore.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
It's hard for us to spend money on backups right now. Alex Sandro is the future at that position so it doesn't seem optimal to spend the 10M+ it would take to secure another option at LB when that player might not even play half the games and might only be marginally better than Evra.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
we should change formation to 4312 or any variation with a 4 man backline where he doesnt need to go up as much.

352 with evra and licht and mandz upfront is grindfest 0 attack conte style and it will get us nowhere

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Actually I don't really like this.

Evra's performance this year were average to plain poor.

I understand he's an important guy to have in the squad because of experience, but honestly, performance comes first, always.

He's a disaster in the 352, OK in 442. But he gives us limitations. Any 352 with him is bad. And knowing how conservative and stubborn Italian coaches are (and Italian people in general), even though Allegri is the closest you can call to a "modern" open minded with good common sense Italian coach, he could keep preferring Evra to Sandro, which is appalling and absurd.

We probably just don't want to spend at the position for a backup to Sandro, and there aren't many options. But I don't see Evra as a good player anymore.
Lol. My ignore list just keeps on growing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)