Patrice Evra (6 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
So? My point is that he shouldn't have lost the ball. You lot blame him for not being a moron. That's just silly. Blame him for not executing what he intended to do correctly. Also, one mistake and you're all saying how he's getting old and should be replaced.. You lot are ridiculous. I've seen him play so many good games, even this very season. Sure, Alex Sandro is an absolute monster. But why we'd have to get rid of Evra is beyond my comprehension.
I've never said we should. He's still a rather good player to have.

As for his mistake my point is why take the unecessary risk at the end of game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Simply not good enough for a night like yesterday. Too old. AS got dis.

- - - Updated - - -

He was bad in the first leg and probably gave a better account of himself because he didn't have Robben to contend with and had Sandro protecting him. He played for his experience and if that don't come handy then I don't see why he deserves to start a game like this. Injuries aside, Sandro should always start a game of this magnitude.
I don't think we'll extend his contract.
Last week I read rumours that we'll replace Masina, Bologna's LB with him.

His prime has passed. At this points, a decrease in level is expeted.

He was not up to it in this 2 games. For a benchwarmer he is fine against lowlifes...but its clear he is not on CL level anymore. Clear as day

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Because it was an easy move and we would have kept possession. I don't understand why he failed to go past Vidal there. Should have pushed the ball two, three meters out in front of him and he was gone.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Because it was an easy move and we would have kept possession. I don't understand why he failed to go past Vidal there. Should have pushed the ball two, three meters out in front of him and he was gone.
I dont think we are ever gonna agree on this. For me the timing is what matters the most when making these kind of decisions. If he had made that move in the middle of the game and failed I would blame him for the same reason as you have and I dislike when players panick and hoof the ball. Easy move? Might have been few years ago but age has caught up with him and experienced player as him should have chosen the safest option.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
No. And it's not exactly an easy move to split the opposition, when you've also got back pressure.

It's the 89th minute of the match, the team has been on the back foot for 20 minutes, they're tired, scrambling, and holding on for dear life. You absolutely do not dribble that ball out of your own box, up the middle of the pitch. Cardinal sin, it's the same thing in other sports -- like hockey, for example. Especially. Not. Up. The. Middle. If there is an open man, you quickly pass it out, otherwise you launch the ball as far as you can, so that your team can reorganize defensively.

Otherwise, the d gets caught leaning the wrong way, flat footed and out of position. Then it's 1-2 passes, and back of the net. As we saw.

- - - Updated - - -

I know I may be a bit harsh about this, but I will say that Evra did have a very solid 90, and I've got nothing but respect for the guy.

This mistake was a backbreaker. That's just the way sports go, sometimes.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Seven has gone full Zach.
No, I haven't. We lost because were scared. We were scared at home and we were scared after we went 0-2 up in Munchen. And now members are asking us to be even more scared? You guys just don't learn.. I bet almost each and every one of you was thinking Mandzukic was a great idea, because he'd defend.

You sicken me.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It would be good to keep him in the kind of role Pessotto had when Zambrotta was at his prime. If he does sign with us it would effectively be his last real years as a player, which says something when you consider that he could take up numerous offers from places like the US, Middle East or China.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It would be good to keep him in the kind of role Pessotto had when Zambrotta was at his prime. If he does sign with us it would effectively be his last real years as a player, which says something when you consider that he could take up numerous offers from places like the US, Middle East or China.
Its also very important to understand the influence he has. Everyone keeps talking about that turning point, here is a gem from todays newspapers :
Evra reveals Juve pact : 'After the defeat to Sassuolo, I pointed out to my teammates that Inter and Fiorentina were in front…’
:D

But its often said about how he takes up his role as experienced player. We have alot of leaders, and if they gradualy reduce playing time while keeping influental in the dressing room, its the way to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)