Patrice Evra (3 Viewers)

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I really don't want to see Evra-Lichtsteiner manning the flanks against opponents we have to break down from out wide. There's not enough attacking impetus there.

Sandro opposite Licht, or Cuadrado opposite Evra would be much better giving us some balance between attack and defense.
:agree:
I couldn't understand why Allegri did nothing about it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I really don't want to see Evra-Lichtsteiner manning the flanks against opponents we have to break down from out wide. There's not enough attacking impetus there.

Sandro opposite Licht, or Cuadrado opposite Evra would be much better giving us some balance between attack and defense.
My only fear is that he starts both of them vs Bayern. Won't look pretty imho.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
My only fear is that he starts both of them vs Bayern. Won't look pretty imho.
:agree:

While I love Evra. I'd really like to see the athleticism and skill of Alex Sandro on the pitch against Bayern. With Evra, that side of the pitch will basically be forced to defend all match against Bayern, and that means Pogba won't have a WB to attack with, which will nullify his threat to some extent.

I'd like to see Alex Sandro-Lichtsteiner as our WBs against top competition, with Cuadrado as a late injection of pace and skill if needed, or Evra if more defensive solidity is needed late.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
We are playing Sunday - Wednesday next few weeks. Don't worry, Sandro will play when he needs to play. I'm sure that vs Bayern we'll be a very different team.

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
I do not think starting him against bayern is bad idea.
As underdog team, It's better if we attack them in unexpected moments.
We do not need to attack bayern from first minute.
If it's needed, we can introduce sandro in second half.

We need evra's leadership at the start of the game.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Starting Evra against Bayern is a must, is a big big big must. Evra doesn't leave gaps defensively and this is the most important thing in the first leg.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Starting Evra against Bayern is a must, is a big big big must. Evra doesn't leave gaps defensively and this is the most important thing in the first leg.
Last time Sandro faced Bayern he absolutely raped them. Imo Sandro is the better wingback, on par defensively with evra but a whole nother beast in offense

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Last time Sandro faced Bayern he absolutely raped them. Imo Sandro is the better wingback, on par defensively with evra but a whole nother beast in offense
:agree: Sandro-Licht is the way to go vs Bayern. Extremely solid defensively and a good offensive outlet in Sandro.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
icemaη;5183938 said:
:agree: Sandro-Licht is the way to go vs Bayern. Extremely solid defensively and a good offensive outlet in Sandro.
yeh maybe.

I dont see us creating much against them...so sandro would help on that. I feel we will play very cautious against them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)