Parma pals help Cannavaro (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Parma pals help Cannavaro
Friday 17 September, 2004

Fabio Cannavaro has thanked two of his former Parma teammates for helping him settle at Juventus.

The Italian stopper joined the Bianconeri on deadline day from Inter and he’s been impressive in his first two games.

"I’ve always had an excellent relationship with Gigi Buffon and Lilian Thuram since our time together at the Tardini," said the defender.

"That has undoubtedly helped me even if I must say that all of the side deserve to be complimented."

Cannavaro and the team were excellent in the wins against Brescia and Ajax but the 30-year-old is keeping his feet on the ground.

"I think it is far too soon to make certain judgements," continued the Italian international captain.

"We have only played a couple of games that really matter even if we are convinced that we have what is needed to do well."

Director general Luciano Moggi was also keen to underline that the season ahead is a long one.

"We need to keep our humility and determination even if we are aware of our ability," he stated.

"Our defence? If we are doing so well back there then it is also because the rest of the side is working hard."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Buffon, Thuram, and Cannavaro are great friends, it's apparent both on and off the pitch.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
The tradition of signing Parma players should continue next summer with signing of Gilardino.

I hope Parma does what it has to do to stay stable. I really like that football team.

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
i am worried the selling players to Viola will become a tradition from this year..

anyway, it's obvious that canna looks a lot more comfortable with thuram and buffon than last 2 years at inter.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
The tradition of signing Parma players should continue next summer with signing of Gilardino.

I hope Parma does what it has to do to stay stable. I really like that football team.
do you think gilardino is needed now though? im all for it if trezeguet was to leave, but with zlatan joining, it looks doubtful.

as for parma players, i wouldnt mind bonera for right back and possibly marchionni for the right if olivera cant cut it for us.

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

do you think gilardino is needed now though? im all for it if trezeguet was to leave, but with zlatan joining, it looks doubtful.

as for parma players, i wouldnt mind bonera for right back and possibly marchionni for the right if olivera cant cut it for us.
YOU REALY KNOW WAHT JUVE WANT :thumb:

A right wing and a right fullback this what Juve want. Marchionni and Bonera would be a dream comes true for me if they join Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)