Parma "could go bust on Dec 31" (3 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
Parma transfers -

Japanese midfielder Hidetoshi Nakata will be the first to leave when his transfer on loan to Bologna is made official on Tuesday.

The club's prize asset- 22 yr old Brazilian striker Adriano- is expected to sign for Inter Milan later this week, though he could stay at Parma until June as part of the deal.

Italian champions Juventus have expressed an interest in the Italy U-21 team pairing of right back Daniele Bonera and striker Alberto Gilardino

Parma's Italian international defender Matteo Ferrari has been targeted by AC Milan and Lazio

(Taken from The Star)

Parma will lose many players if all of these are to be true. Oh dear.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Abramovich to Aid Parma??

Reports are emerging in the Italian press that Roman Abramovich will make heavy investments into bankruptcy-threatened parma.

The club must find new investors to take over from fraud scandal owners Parmalat within the next month if they are to avoid liquidation.

This week several local businesses released statements to deny they were in talks for a takeover bid, but the Chelsea patron could come to their rescue.

The Russian oil magnate is already well aware of the Gialloblu's situation after he snapped up Adrain Mutu in the summer.

Chelsea are still in contact with Parma's agents thanks to a january bid for goalkeeper Sebastain Frey, who is also a 5 millions target for Arsenal.

It is reported that Abramovich would invest the necessary 40m to dig the Tardini side out of debt and ensure that their big stars would not have to be sold.

however, an easier and less obvious way of helping out would see Chelsea sign Frey now and leave him at Parma until the end of the season.

The Premiership club could also provide the final installment of the 15m for Mutu earlier than expected.

===================================================

Say what you will about the man, but if this saves Parma, then I'm all for it.

Roman, where were you when Fiorentina needed you a couple of years ago???:down:

Different situation. The owner of Fiorentina back then, some hot-shot movie director, cared more about his colossal flops at the theaters than his own team.

Bastard.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I can only be cautiously optimistic, seeing the damage this man has done at Chelsea but if it saves Parma ... I suppose I can find it in me to root for this plan.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #45
    I really doubt he's going to save Parma because of the "goodness oh his heart". He probably wants to get first option on some of their players (frey, Adriano, Bonera etc) as well as make them a feeder club for Chelski.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
    Abramovich to Aid Parma??

Different situation. The owner of Fiorentina back then, some hot-shot movie director, cared more about his colossal flops at the theaters than his own team.

Bastard.
    that shouldnt be surprising. most people/families who have large investments in football usually have their fingers in many other pies besides. football isnt really a wise investment when you have nothing else to fall back on. its really the hobby of multi-billionaires who have that much more invested elsewhere.

the mistake these owners make is that when they are losing a lot of money overall, they fail to dump non-essential goods overboard to keep the ship from sinking.

cecchi gori should have gotten fiorentina off his hands when he started losing money, instead of hanging onto it.

again im not too sure about this concept, so ill let others verify, but this is what it is as i see it.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
    I really doubt he's going to save Parma because of the "goodness oh his heart". He probably wants to get first option on some of their players (frey, Adriano, Bonera etc) as well as make them a feeder club for Chelski.
    :scared:

noooooooooo:down:

a top italian club reduced to a supplement for an english club owned by a russian oil tycoon??:frown:

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #50
    ++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++

a top italian club reduced to a supplement for an english club owned by a russian oil tycoon??:frown:
    Well... money makes wonders in persuading people...

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++

somehow i dont think it will happen. or i dont think others will allow it

in anycase- italian, english, russian. sounds like globalization to me....

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Parma crisis: Tanzi resigns
    Friday 9 January, 2004

Parma President Stefano Tanzi and the entire Board of Directors has resigned, but there is a ray of hope to save the club.

The Tanzi family own 98 per cent of the shares in AC Parma and are currently under investigation for the massive financial fraud scandal at dairy giants Parmalat.

Although Stefano Tanzi has resigned in today’s shareholders’ meeting, along with his sister Francesco and cousins Paolo Tanzi and Alessandro Chiesi, that decision will only be made effective from next Wednesday.

The reason for this is that negotiations are reportedly in place to sell the football club to a Private Equity fund made up of several local businessmen, including fellow food giants Barilla.

Wednesday January 14 will also see the final Board of Directors meeting headed by Tanzi.

It emerged that during today’s emergency meeting new paperwork from Brazil has given the side a lifeline.

Parmalat currently owe the club £82m and this will be translated into capital to avoid bankruptcy.

AC Parma have debts of £53m as of June 2003 and must increase the capital or face insolvency.

Meanwhile, Coach Cesare Prandelli has commented bitterly on the news that Government Ministers are urging Parma to sell three top stars immediately.

“We are in an iron grip when the Government decides your transfer policy,” said the tactician.

It is now believed that the first three to be sold will be Adriano – who is already half-owned by Inter – Aimo Diana and Emiliano Bonazzoli.

The last two players are currently out on loan to Sampdoria and Reggina respectively, so these clubs will merely complete the signings.

This will enable them to maintain the squad strength, especially if Inter agree to leave Adriano at the Tardini until the end of the season.

“We are waiting to find a leader in this mess,” continued Prandelli (pictured), “but it is clear that in this situation it becomes difficult to concentrate on football.”

“We are nonetheless convinced that we can keep going and take it one day at a time. This is what the fans must also do, because this team is an integral part of the city.”

Aug 1, 2003
    its about time tanzi.
    i hope you will see cecchi gori in jail.
    people like you don't deserve to live.
    you meddle with careers, clubs and lives here.
    screw you.
    screw you both!

wargh :fero:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)