Parma capture Corradi - Report (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Senior Member
Jun 9, 2003
23,029
#1
Parma capture Corradi - Report
Tuesday 2 August, 2005
There are reports that Bernardo Corradi will be Alberto Gilardino’s replacement at the Stadio Tardini this season after agreeing a loan move from Valencia.

The former Chievo and Lazio hitman had been looking for a move back to Serie A and was linked with a series of clubs, including Inter, Milan, Sampdoria and Fiorentina.

There was also Premiership interest from Manchester City, but the Italian international wanted a return home following his disappointing spell in Spain.

The 29-year-old netted just three goals in 21 La Liga appearances and made it clear he was unhappy with the experience.

Corradi is a classic centre-forward and the natural replacement for Gilardino, who joined Milan last month in a £17m move. Valencia will continue to pay a percentage of his wages during his loan period.

Meanwhile, Parma have lost today’s pre-season friendly against Swiss outfit Basle 2-1. Youngster Rosina was on target for the Gialloblu, but Delgado and Petric sealed the scoreline.

Roma were also in action and beat Bolzano 3-1 with goals from Vincenzo Montella, Cerci and Corvia. Antonio Cassano and Francesco Totti played one half each, but were not fielded in the same line-up.
 

Nicole

Senior Member
Sep 16, 2004
7,561
#6
Wow :eek:

Parma have just brought the worst player ever to fill in for Gilardino, I mean Corradi couldnt score a goal if the ball was on the goal-line!
 

#10

Senior Member
Jul 28, 2002
6,814
#11
corradi is shite...he has always looked slow and dosile.

All he can do is be a big strong man for the oposition to deal with.

Parma need micco if they want corradi to score.
 

Stu

Senior Member
Jul 14, 2002
17,556
#14
Parma show Corradi caution
Wednesday 3 August, 2005

Parma have stated that their proposed move for Valencia striker Bernardo Corradi is far from complete.

Some stories last night claimed that a deal was almost done but the Serie A side have cooled the speculation.

"I don’t think anything will be resolved in the near future," sporting director Oreste Cinquini told the GRT network.

"I’m not that optimistic because money is always at the centre of these things, even if anything can still happen.

"We have spoken to the player but the negotiations are complicated. The problems? We have them with Valencia and the player."

Parma are understood to be keen on signing the player on loan, with Valencia paying a portion of his wages.

Corradi is looking for a switch after an unhappy year in Spain following his departure from Lazio last summer.

The 29-year-old netted just three goals in 21 La Liga appearances and made it clear he was unhappy with the experience.

The former Chievo hitman has been looking for a move back to Serie A and was linked with a series of clubs, including Inter, Milan, Sampdoria and Fiorentina.

There was also Premiership interest from Manchester City.

Parma want Corradi after they sold star striker Alberto Gilardino to Milan for £17.2m last month.

Football Italia
 

Stu

Senior Member
Jul 14, 2002
17,556
#20
Corradi agrees Parma move - Report
Friday 5 August, 2005

It is widely reported in both Italy and Spain that Bernardo Corradi has agreed terms with Parma and will pen a contract on Monday.

It had already been rumoured over the last few days that the striker had chosen his next destination, but the Gialloblu had publicly rejected claims a deal was done.

"I don’t think anything will be resolved in the near future," sporting director Oreste Cinquini told the GRT network on Wednesday.

"I’m not that optimistic because money is always at the centre of these things, even if anything can still happen. We have spoken to the player but the negotiations are complicated. The problems? We have them with Valencia and the player."

These issues would appear to have been resolved, according to several news sources in the peninsula, and final details will be concluded on Monday.

29-year-old Corradi should arrive at the Tardini on loan from Valencia, where he will wear the Number 11 shirt left vacant by Alberto Gilardino.

There was a lot of interest around the former Chievo and Lazio striker, including reported offers from Milan, Sampdoria and Manchester City.

There is a confirmed transfer over at Livorno, who have loaned Lithuanian forward Tomas Danilevicius to Serie B side Avellino.

Football Italia
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)