Paolo De Ceglie (8 Viewers)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Instead of wasting money on the players that more or less add the same to the team (bench material) like Pepe, Padoin, Motta etc. we should keep our youth players and save ourself the effort and money instead of buying such. Whats else the point of having a youth sector?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Instead of wasting money on the players that more or less add the same to the team (bench material) like Pepe, Padoin, Motta etc. we should keep our youth players and save ourself the effort and money instead of buying such. Whats else the point of having a youth sector?
:touched:

Camurria

Oct 10, 2011
Interesint point, however how much of our youth sector have stayed? Meaning, we've developped many talents in the past years, but a majority of them have departed.

Nocerino.. Amazing form right now with Milan and did great with Palermo.
Giovinco.. although we own 50%, his form with Parma proved his doubters wrong
Balzaretti... one of Italy's best left backs...
Miccoli... would of been a huge talent for us as he's shown it with Palermo, Benfica and currently
Palladino... Decent player, could of done great things with Juventus
Criscito... Italy's #1 and would of been the perfect player for the LB role
Immobile... Leading Serie B with goals(only 2 of them being Penalties).. 50% gone to Genoa..

the list goes on...

I agree with your point, but whats the point of developping youth and selling them after that? Don't get the wrong impression, if the focus was to make profit, then sure.. however this isn't Udinese, this is Juventus.. were two complete diverse projects and our objective is to keep our youth and not to sell them...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
What great things?

He was mediocre for Juve and got worse when he didn't have so many good players around him to raise his level of performance.

Camurria

Oct 10, 2011
What great things?

He was mediocre for Juve and got worse when he didn't have so many good players around him to raise his level of performance.

He impressed back in Serie B, when he scored 2 goals on his debut and went on to scoring a hattrick a bit later on. Gaining himself being a first team regular the season after. That same season, due to his performance, he managed to get three call ups with the national team. Before playing for the seniors, he played with the Azzurini and showed many signs there as well. All this was showing his potential for the future.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Besides DC's two blunders early on in the season (giving away a penalty, which isn't that bad IMO, and the stupid clearance against Bologna). I can't think of other moments where he has fucked up. In fact, I think he has added a bit of pace and purpose to the left hand side of our defense, as well as contributing quite a lot to our offence. Best crosser in the team IMO.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Besides DC's two blunders early on in the season (giving away a penalty, which isn't that bad IMO, and the stupid clearance against Bologna). I can't think of other moments where he has fucked up. In fact, I think he has added a bit of pace and purpose to the left hand side of our defense, as well as contributing quite a lot to our offence. Best crosser in the team IMO.
That's pretty much conceding a goal.

Jul 2, 2006
Interesint point, however how much of our youth sector have stayed? Meaning, we've developped many talents in the past years, but a majority of them have departed.

Nocerino.. Amazing form right now with Milan and did great with Palermo.
Giovinco.. although we own 50%, his form with Parma proved his doubters wrong
Balzaretti... one of Italy's best left backs...
Miccoli... would of been a huge talent for us as he's shown it with Palermo, Benfica and currently
Palladino... Decent player, could of done great things with Juventus
Criscito... Italy's #1 and would of been the perfect player for the LB role
Immobile... Leading Serie B with goals(only 2 of them being Penalties).. 50% gone to Genoa..

the list goes on...

I agree with your point, but whats the point of developping youth and selling them after that? Don't get the wrong impression, if the focus was to make profit, then sure.. however this isn't Udinese, this is Juventus.. were two complete diverse projects and our objective is to keep our youth and not to sell them...
Agreed except the part about Palladino and Miccoli(though we could get more money). Especially, sales of Criscito and Giovinco were malicious moves from disgraced Secco & Marotta duo.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Wasn't so bad considering it was against the midget and we were 4 goals up.
:tup:

Exactly the point I was trying to make. Full marks, young padawan

---------- Post added 17.03.2012 at 21:10 ----------

Which year did we let Miccoli go?
We loaned him out in the 04/05 season (to Fiorentina and from 05 - 07 Benfica) and we finally sold him outright to Palermo in 07/08 I believe. Fuck that fat little troll, fuck him in his stupid little ass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)