Paolo De Ceglie (73 Viewers)

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
The only one of the players Cronios described as getting a raw deal that I totally agree with is Palladino.
-Nocerino got tons of chances, and failed to deliver anything of note.
-Tiago got his chances and aside from a couple decent passes, was utterly forgettable.
-Almiron was horrible in his games, and failed to impress on loan.
-Criscito proved he was simply too small and inexperienced at this time, maybe next season will be different. I hope they don't give up on him though.
-Grygera got his games, aside from the Empoli game, he simply was not starter quality. He was still a good sub, and that's probably all he'll be with Juve.

Palladino is the exception because he didn't really get too many chances at his natural position. I think he is still in Ranieri's plans if he wishes to keep at the wide midfield position. Aside from that, he simply was not better than Del Piero, Trezeguet and Iaquinta. That's just the way that went. Even Iaquinta didn't get as many games as he warranted.

Molinaro got so many chances because there was simply no other option. Brazzo and Grygera were unnatural at LB, and Chiellini was needed to balance the centre. I still have hope Pasqual or Grosso will come, but at least De Ceglie will be able to steal the LB position from Molinaro outright by January if they don't.

Durden

May 11, 2006
I guess it's pretty clear that De Ceglie and Molinaro will be our LB next season based on they resent statements from our board. But we still haven't bought the full rights to De Ceglie or am I wrong?
Regarding Molinaro I think I was one of the first to trash him after a pre season game against Newcastle where he REALLY sucked, but I have to say he really improved since that, although that isn't saying much.. And imo he still isn't good enough to cover the LB which at the moment seems like our weakest position. Now I just hope De Ceglie will be a positive surprise. I haven't seen him play this season so I have no idea if he has the potential, but I guess we have to keep our fingers crossed...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Nocerino-limited chances,are you kidding, Grygera?-what do you want him to prove, hes never been Juve material, he was just for free. Almiron, Tiago?

Its a big game, you cant just play around, you have replacement ,than you replace THE BAD GUY,if dont then you play Molinaro.

And yes, we need 20 mil 5th dm( who ist actually dm, but CM), rather than a free alternative LB.
-Nocerino had almost as many chances as Molinaro, but there is a great difference here.
Nocerino actually had some impressive performances at times and showed his potential, more than Molinaro did with an equal number of chances.
And most important, Nocerino has been marginalized and we bought a 20mil player to replace him, UNLIKE Molinaro!
Molinaro was never discredited and challenged, so far we used as an excuse that we had absolutely no alternatives to replace him.
Now we have a full summer to find a decent alternative and it seems that we choose NOT to replace him and trust him with a starter position, in an upgraded team, as a CL and championship challenger!
-Grygera also failed, but he was as bad as Molinaro, no worse and he didnt have the same chances to prove himself, since Grygera is much a better player than Molinaro, if he had the same chances, he would have to show more and better performances than Molinaro.

Molinaro is only favored because he is young, Italian, with a great stamina and most important; cheap!
Thats what infuriates me. All i am saying is that those players are as bad as Molinaro, if not better and if they had the same number of performances as Molinaro did, they would have the same amount of contributions and probable more. And the most important thing is that the level of tolerance for each and every player is totally different. Molinaro mistakes are tolerated much more than any other player, thats what i wanted to point out when i mentioned those players!
They were not given a second chance when they sucked.
Thats why i mentioned Noce, when he sucked, we bought Sissoko and we probably did the right thing,
but when Molinaro sucked we kept using him.
Thats the difference here, thats what i am talking about!

As for the 5th (luxury) alternative choice, i surely disagree, we can only use 11 players on the field at a certain time and those eleven player's overall value is calculated by their individual value and collective work.
Having a player as useless as Molinaro, playing in our team at every single game, surely reduces the overall value of our team and forces the rest of our players to work less at their departement to compensate the loss a useless player like Molinaro creates!!
(ex Neddy needs to make the crosses Molinaro cant do and Chiellini needs to cover the left flank Molinaro doesnt, leaving their respective posts slightly uncovered and spending much more attention and efforts than necessary)
In some games against inferior team, quality players and respectively, quality subs, can compensate for that loss! But in the difficult games, every small detail is multiplied several times and it becomes impossible to compensate!
If we wont to compete for the championship, we cant afford to lose points for this reason, we lost too many points this season because of this and i am very sorry that we have learned nothing from this!
And dont forget the high level of the CL competition we are going to participate, other teams we find and exploit/abuse any weakness we have, to reach their ultimate goal...
Thats why we need at least a strong first eleven squad before we start the fine tuning of our sub solutions!
Our weakest link shows how strong we really are!

Yo, doctor, why don't you simply change your signature and write there something like "Molinaro is the worst Juve player ever, he can't defend, he can't attack and Ranieri wants to have children with him"
:D
Alen is my favorite Molinaro-lover debater:toast:

I really considered, (many times) a Molinaro bash-sig, esp when CR said that he was our best player of the season, but i decided not to give him more value than he already enjoys!
IMO Molinaro is a waste of time and space and i hoped than we will soon get rid of him. I havent changed my sig, EVER, for absolutely no reason, but if Molinaro keeps working his miracles as starter in the next season, i will!!

Alen is an example of a debater, he knows when to draw a line with the insults, he has a tact, he has some constructive to add, a conversation with him, even a hardcore debate on Molinaro, which finds us in totally side, can be constructive for the both of us. Mostly because mutual respect for the other people's opinion, even if we disagree with the other's opinion, we respect it!

Forza Обединета Македонија!
I wish they kept it written that way and pronounce it as it is in their very own ..."language"!!!

I do agree with majority of Cronios posts, no offence to anyone but it seems like some people here like to disrespect people just because they have different opinions than there's......
I totally agree with that, attacking the poster, not his arguments is a retard reactions.
I have to point out here, that i dont personally dislike no one here,
i love and respect all of my fellow Juventuz buddies, with those that argue on a permanent base, i do it because o feel that there can be no offense between us.
And because i respect them as persons and i feel that i can reason with them.
With those i feel that i cannot reason, i dont waste my time on them.
When i reply with a long post, it is not because of hate, it is because i feel that i can communicate with that person efficiently that way, i want to express my thoughts with details, so that they can be completely comprehended.
Sometimes, in a debate the difference between opinions are very thin and using more details to properly define an opinion, is the only way!
When i see a reply without arguments and with personal attacks and insults only, i react accordingly! But again my level of tolerance is much greater!

The only one of the players Cronios described as getting a raw deal that I totally agree with is Palladino.
-Nocerino got tons of chances, and failed to deliver anything of note.
-Tiago got his chances and aside from a couple decent passes, was utterly forgettable.
-Almiron was horrible in his games, and failed to impress on loan.
-Criscito proved he was simply too small and inexperienced at this time, maybe next season will be different. I hope they don't give up on him though.
-Grygera got his games, aside from the Empoli game, he simply was not starter quality. He was still a good sub, and that's probably all he'll be with Juve.

Palladino is the exception because he didn't really get too many chances at his natural position. I think he is still in Ranieri's plans if he wishes to keep at the wide midfield position. Aside from that, he simply was not better than Del Piero, Trezeguet and Iaquinta. That's just the way that went. Even Iaquinta didn't get as many games as he warranted.

Molinaro got so many chances because there was simply no other option. Brazzo and Grygera were unnatural at LB, and Chiellini was needed to balance the centre. I still have hope Pasqual or Grosso will come, but at least De Ceglie will be able to steal the LB position from Molinaro outright by January if they don't.
I dont want to repeat the same thing i said, in this very post.
I agree with your view on those player, i dont rate those players more than you do,believe me!
Chances are that i actually bashed them more than you did at their time of "brilliance".
But my point here was that Molinaro isnt any better than them, but still, he gets much more chances than any of these did!
For some players what it happened was a great shame, as you said, Palla for ex was the greatest victim.
I pointed out several time, how he was a victim of our tactical decision and players availability and form.
Some other have less, or zero excuses, one way or another they didnt cut in, in our time.
But so did Molinaro, he is easily our weakest link in our team and esp if we upgrade our team next year and make a first eleven of decent players.
The amount of favor and trust Molinaro enjoys is ridiculous, considering his performances and his potential!
The excuse of having no more option isnt valid anymore!!
Thats why i kept silent so far, but our managers declared that they will trust him as a starter and De Ceglie to support him!!
Thats unacceptable, i saw that coming when CR stated that Molinaro was one of the most important players of the season, i knew that he said that not only just to boos his morale, as you people thought back then.
But because he might actually believe that and mostly because he wanted to create a wall of protection, a tolerance to Juve fans to accept such a disastrous player as one of us.
Molinaro has no place here, he should never wear a Juve jersey, he should never enjoy so much favor in the first place, i was afraid that they were more reasons, than just his incredible luck of being our only LB, in our entire roster!!
And our managers prove just that, they made no afford to replace him at x-mas and they are not willing to do so not even now!
I see this as a grave mistake, i will not be silenced by any one.
I ve always pointed out those kind of mistakes and i see no reason to stop now, soon or later you will all reach my conclusion...
Just like you did when i was almost the only one talking about our stupid Capello's one sided CL tactics, with those stupid desperate crosses, for DD's incompetence to create the future Juve because of his limited exp, for our boards incompetence to confront crisis proved with "silenzio stampa" declarations and our helpless stature at calciopoli, to our owners willingness to invest both when we had Moggi or not, proved by Moggi's declarations, for the tragic level of our defense these years, proved by their tragic mistakes and the vast majority of our points lost etc etc
I only hope that we wont lose a title for you (not you only-juve, you = Molinaro-lovers) to understand that we can base our future team on players like Molinaro.
If you guys dont already see the danger i am sorry for you, i know that i am just a fan and i have no power to change anything, my thoughts is a far cry, expressed here as a reaction to a situation, i see that will hurt Juve's interests.
I have no reason to hate a Juve player or Juve fan.
Molinaro shouldnt be our starter this year, Molinaro shouldnt be our starter next year.
We will pay the price for this mistake any way, but i will not be silenced and i will not tolerate his presence!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
New record ?

Oh, and Cronios, i'm officially forbidding the members from the former Roman provinces of Macedonia and Graecia to talk about the name issue.
It only brings hate here and since there are two members i really like, one from each country, i don't like to see them arguing.

Only outsiders like Tahir and myself can make jokes about Macedonian/Greek relations :D

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
fookin hell, that was the longest post I have ever read, well I read half then just stared at the rest in awe because my eyes were so bloody tired

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Oh, and Cronios, i'm officially forbidding the members from the former Roman provinces of Macedonia and Graecia to talk about the name issue.
Good call and nicely put!!
We wouldnt argue anyway, i think we would both avoid that, you know that everything is acceptable when playing around with Ze;)

fookin hell, that was the longest post I have ever read, well I read half then just stared at the rest in awe because my eyes were so bloody tired
Ha ha, sorry man! I suggest you to read it part by part, just like i wrote it, i was interrupted several times, i wouldnt have the necessary patience to write this all at once:vinny:

As for the record nah, there surely are longer ones, maybe i red too many chxta posts and subconsciously trying to compete with him;)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
New record ?

It only brings hate here and since there are two members i really like, one from each country, i don't like to see them arguing.

Only outsiders like Tahir and myself can make jokes about Macedonian/Greek relations :D
Right on :D

Good call and nicely put!!
We wouldnt argue anyway, i think we would both avoid that, you know that everything is acceptable when playing around with Ze;)
Hey! What does that mean :sick: :D

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
At least i have an opinion, you can only disagree with some certain people...:lol:
You can chose to ignore my posts for all i care, but do not provoke me!
I don't provoke you nor do I have anything against you. If only you could shorten your posts a little bit. Too often you go on a un-neccessary rant which could be very well avoided. And yes, you are biased against Molinaro, resulting in your posts not being objective nor valid.

I never insulted you nor attacked you. Infact, I think your reply to me was more negative than my initial post. If you think I am your enemy, then be my guest. I just offered you a friendly advice.

Oh and thanks for the -REP. :)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I wonder how De Ceglie will perform if he starts instead of Molinaro.

Honestly I can see him starting ahead of Molinaro as the season progresses, subsequently leaving Molinaro as a back up.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Don't buy it. Palla has had plenty of chances. Loses the ball 95% of the time when confronted in one-on-one situations on the wing. Can't dribble. Rarely crosses well.

C ya!

Mar 28, 2007

Paolo De Ceglie alla Juventus
La nuova Juventus 2008/09 continua a prendere forma. Per la prossima stagione, Claudio Ranieri potrà contare sulle prestazioni di Paolo De Ceglie. Il giovane valdostano, 22 anni a settembre e una vita passata nel settore giovanile bianconero, torna quindi nella squadra che lo ha cresciuto e lanciato nel grande calcio.

La Juventus riporta dunque a casa uno dei suoi giovani più promettenti dopo aver risolto a proprio favore la comproprietà con il Siena, società nella quale Paolo ha disputato la sua prima (ottima) stagione in Serie A, collezionando 29 presenze e due gol.

Un ritorno alla base che non poteva che essere apprezzato dal diretto interessato: «Sono contentissimo per questa decisione – ha commentato De Ceglie in esclusiva a Juventus.com -. Ringrazio la società per la fiducia che mi ha dimostrato, per questo non vedo l’ora di iniziare la nuova avventura per poterla ripagare».

Dopo l’annuncio, il direttore sportivo Alessio Secco ha commentato così l’operazione. «Con il ritorno a Torino di De Ceglie, continua il nostro programma di far rientrare i giovani talenti cresciuti nel settore giovanile bianconero. Paolo ha fatto molto bene a Siena e siamo sicuri che si farà valere agli ordini di mister Ranieri».

Al tempo stesso, in Toscana resta Andrea Rossi. Il ragazzo marchigiano, anche lui uno dei frutti del settore giovanile juventino e aggregato alla Juventus nella recente tournée in Cina e Australia, diventa a titolo definitivo un giocatore del Siena.

Juventus.com

juve paid siena €3.5m for the other half of his contract, which will be paid in instalments during the 2008/09 season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)