Paolo De Ceglie (103 Viewers)

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Paolo was once thought to be one for the future, he then became a super sub (specially in 2011/2012). Recently, he has apparently became just an unused player. I won't be surprised if he leaves. Though frankly speaking he should stay as he deserves more playing time. I don't consider Peluso as a better player than him.

Conte is a genius!! But indeed he destroyed the career of lots of decent players like De Ceglie, Krasic, Elia and others.

oldlady87

May 13, 2012
Paolo was once thought to be one for the future, he then became a super sub (specially in 2011/2012). Recently, he has apparently became just an unused player. I won't be surprised if he leaves. Though frankly speaking he should stay as he deserves more playing time. I don't consider Peluso as a better player than him.

Conte is a genius!! But indeed he destroyed the career of lots of decent players like De Ceglie, Krasic, Elia and others.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

I do think De Ceglie should be given more chances. However, his defensive output seems just horrible while Asamoah is a beast there. Then again, having a player like De Ceglie with 2mln/year contract is idiotic. It doesn't seem like we're looking for offensive output as much considering how defensive our whole midfield is. Still, we seem able to find the net.

As for the second part I just disagree. Both Krasic and Elia were not good enough and looked clueless on the pitch and they were sold with a reason.

Jul 1, 2010

:sergio:

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I do think De Ceglie should be given more chances. However, his defensive output seems just horrible while Asamoah is a beast there. Then again, having a player like De Ceglie with 2mln/year contract is idiotic. It doesn't seem like we're looking for offensive output as much considering how defensive our whole midfield is. Still, we seem able to find the net.

As for the second part I just disagree. Both Krasic and Elia were not good enough and looked clueless on the pitch and they were sold with a reason.
Giovinco too?

I dare say even... Marchisio :snoop:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Llorente and Tevez are a good pair and neither Mirko nor Giovinco should be starting. They should be rotated when tired or in a meaningless match.

De Ceglie, on the other, is able to provide great crosses. Now that we have Llorente in form he'd be pretty useful. Asamoah can also cover his natural spot.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Krasic was too one dimensional and never adapted. Elia had the skills but lacked the conviction it seems. De Ceglie is not good enought.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Llorente and Tevez are a good pair and neither Mirko nor Giovinco should be starting. They should be rotated when tired or in a meaningless match.

De Ceglie, on the other, is able to provide great crosses. Now that we have Llorente in form he'd be pretty useful. Asamoah can also cover his natural spot.
Or we can sell him and replace him with an actual player that isn't severly lacking in many abilities... especially his main duty... defending.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Or we can sell him and replace him with an actual player that isn't severly lacking in many abilities.
I'm all for that. I just say it's a pity he didn't get many chances because a couple of years ago he had pretty solid matches with us.

Then again, there aren't many available options out there. Even for the big money, let alone a decent backup to replace him with. I also think Peluso would just get to play more and we wouldn't buy anyone. We're a fan of defensive midfielders after all.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
We should sign someone to be a starter imo, with Asamoah and Caceres as backups. This way Asamoah could be used more often in CM too.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007

Yes, from an economic point of view, I do agree with you that his loan out will be justified!

Concerning Krasic and Elia, first of all, Conte has never given them sufficient time to show what the could have done under him. Secondly, I described them by saying they are decent, they didn't look super stars to me. Conte (till now) has the problem of using just one formation. Conte needs to understand that 3-5-2 won't work all the time with all teams. Not to mention that, the driving forces of this formation who are mainly Pirlo, Teves and the wing-backs can't perform perfectly in all the 50-55 matches of the season. As such, a plan B is needed!! Conte could have developed Elia and Krasic to use them in a 4-3-3 as a plan B. De ceglie could have been developed to be the new Birindelli. Juve fans should know that we can't bring a Lahm-like fullback and tell him to sit on the bench as a backup for Asamoah. We have to have a less talented player than Asamoah. Again, as you said De Ceglie's wage was a setback.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Conte (till now) has the problem of using just one formation. Conte needs to understand that 3-5-2 won't work all the time with all teams. Not to mention that, the driving forces of this formation who are mainly Pirlo, Teves and the wing-backs can't perform perfectly in all the 50-55 matches of the season. As such, a plan B is needed!! Conte could have developed Elia and Krasic to use them in a 4-3-3 as a plan B. De ceglie could have been developed to be the new Birindelli. Juve fans should know that we can't bring a Lahm-like fullback and tell him to sit on the bench as a backup for Asamoah. We have to have a less talented player than Asamoah. Again, as you said De Ceglie's wage was a setback.
That's just wrong, we played 4-3-3 for like whole season with Conte and he even said (recently) that he likes that formation but doesn't have the right players for it.
You can't possibly think about playing that formation without wingers, you just can't. We can only count on Mirko to cover the left and Pepe to cover the right side. Mirko while being inconsistent has also been injured for quite a while. Not to mention Pepe who has been injured forever.

Then again we're going to my old argument -- We're not going to bench either Tevez or Llorente at this point. That also ruins the idea of 4-3-3. Not just that, but that also means to ditch 4-4-2 or any other formation with wingers.

Now you say why didn't we keep Elia and Krasic for a plan B? Imagine them on the wings right now, with this squad. We didn't keep them for only reason. One simple reason -- they are not good players.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Krasic had his chances, and Conte took the time to try to make him adapt.
Elia was disregarded by conte from minute one. He seemed to have potential.. but Conte didnt liked him at all. Something must have been really off with Elia for Conte to did what he did, because the few times he got chances to play...he did ok at the very least.
One coppa game when he played alongside DP was interesting

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
PDC one of the worst players we've ever had in modern history. Thankfully he's almost gone.

No matter who we play, he gets schooled by the opposition full back. It's disgraceful, how on earth has he managed to pretend to be a pro footballer for so long?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 103)