Panucci to follow Capello? (2 Viewers)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
given the way this is panning out i'd rather we recalled gasbarroni and chiumento,give them, along with onuwachi,a decent role in the team and spend more time rejuvinating our defence.

honestly,our midfield and attack are not in dire need of new additions now as long as we make good use of our youngsters.now all we need is to bring in ferrari and/or mexes plus another decent young centreback.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
it's not like i'm totally against panucci,but i can just sense capello giving him a bigger role in the team than i would like and it'd most certainly prevent us from getting anyone decent,knowing moggi's policies.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
as in capello would actually make him first choice at RB while we shold be keeping thuram there and replacing our CBs instead.

plus he's 31 years old,and getting slower all the time.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
nah imo thuram ain't over the hill.he still has it in him to produce a really good season or two.both of them are in pretty similar situations imo,replacing one with the other isn't achieving anything.

Jul 28, 2002
technically...thuram is far far far superior to panucci...he is one the all time best imo, when hewas younger he was pure defensive class....now he's older and slower,makes more mistake he's not as good.

Panucci imo was never anything special, average, but he hasnt dropped as much as lilian in terms of form, but he is still not as good as lilian.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
technically...thuram is far far far superior to panucci...he is one the all time best imo, when hewas younger he was pure defensive class....now he's older and slower,makes more mistake he's not as good.

Panucci imo was never anything special, average, but he hasnt dropped as much as lilian in terms of form, but he is still not as good as lilian.

same crap. there is more talent out there.

Jul 28, 2002
panucci was woefull tonight, awfull passing and defending...can he be worse than what we already have, worse than lilian???

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #51
    ++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
    Am I one of the few, that wouldn't mind us getting Panucci?
    I wouldn't mind getting Panucci at all, but as Desmond said, I'm afraid Capello would give him to big of a role. I suspect Panu would be the first choice RB, Thuram would move to CB, and we'd sign only one other defender who would line up next to Lilian.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++

agree...thuram has been not so good in the euro.. i think his lack of pace was esxposed in the enlgand game against rooney.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    thuram has a superb record and has played at the highest level for a very long time.he is a model professional and, as john said,one of the greatest RBs in the world.he's certainly achieved enough to warrant that.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    I don't know why people think Panucci is a bad player.
    Exactly althought he is not young but i think he is good enough and better than all our players that play in hid position

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    thuram has a superb record and has played at the highest level for a very long time.he is a model professional and, as john said,one of the greatest RBs in the world.he's certainly achieved enough to warrant that.
    correct...what has panucci actually done in terms of match winning performance?? ever?? dont think so...lilian has.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #60
    Agreed. He'd be a more than decent signing if he was 26, but at 31 he's only a few seasons away from going over the hill. We already have a RB who falls into that category (Thuram).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)