Panucci to follow Capello? (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Capello calls in Panucci
Sunday 20 June, 2004

Once again, Fabio Capello has requested that his favourite defender Christian Panucci join him at Juventus.

The two men have a very strong rapport, both on and off the field, and have often worked together at club level.

The full-back followed Capello to Milan, Real Madrid and then Roma, but it is now reported that their relationship is set to resume in Turin.

It would be the third Giallorossi player to join Juve following Capello’s appointment, after Jonathan Zebina and Emerson – although the Brazilian’s move hangs in the balance.

31-year-old Panucci was particularly impressive in Italy’s 1-1 draw with Sweden this week, providing the cross for Antonio Cassano’s goal.

Juventus are also eager to strengthen their back line, as Nicola Legrottaglie and Igor Tudor do not inspire confidence in the new Coach and conceded 42 goals last season.

There are other options that Capello and Director General Luciano Moggi are currently viewing in Portugal. These include Czech duo Tomas Ujfalusi, Zdenek Grygera, Swede Eric Edman and Chelsea’s French international William Gallas.

===
I'm not thrilled about getting Panucci, but I wouldn't mind him if he could consistently perform like he did against Sweden on Friday... :undecide:

I dunno alot about Ujfalusi, but Gallas! :extatic: What a signing he would be.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)